Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman:1888089
I'm presuming you mean a major inconvenience for a minority?

While it's perhaps not polite to speak other languages in the middle of a town, it's odd to ask people to speak English even in runs with only people from another country or in pm's. I doubt you'd speak French with an English person in private if you were in France if Egnlish is your mother tongue.

I do understand that flamers are a big concern, but again, i'm not asking to remove the word from the filter, just change it from auto-muting to filtering the word, which would still take the sting out of that, wouldn't it?
The thing is, even if it shows up as "****", it still creates a negative experience for the player (presumably if the player is English).

If the game did not have a system that banned abusers from chatting and only had a language filter, the asterisks still imply the same meaning of verbal harassment. Even if there is a language filter, you shouldn't abuse the chat rules. Yes, there is a mute button, but if a player has to mute another player, the abusing player has already created a negative experience for him.

I understand that you speak Dutch, and you just want the word filtered, but you have to understand that we speak English in this game. Therefore, we have to have filters, and yes, temporary bans from chatting. Otherwise, we would have all the trash talking and asterisks in the chat.