Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Economic solution: BoE items (Bind On Equip)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Interesting idea, much like how pets and gems(when attached to an item) are bound to the character now. There wouldn't be an AH anymore and many things would be earned by effort...or luck if you open locked chests. Still this would help the status of many items...much like Darkness reborn, i believe there is no AH/CS and items have to be liquidated to earn lots of money. So farming and selling to other players becomes obsolete. So obtaining hard to reach items are based on what effort you put in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I vote no

No sir i dont like it
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Definately +1. I have seen this done in other games and it always had a positive effect. Drop-rates will have to be increased a bit as well though.

BTW a new level cap would have a similar effect, at least for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Things would work themselves out ur right but what game is worth playin that changes the rules mid game....that's like in the bottom of the ninth of the World Series changin it to 2 strikes to strike out instead of three...if you wanna see some more people rage quit go ahead ...I believe in things being suitable for everyone and not being to drastic about something this serious would be a wise decision for all of us seeing that the player base is built on a totally different concept of economy as is....this is the governing force in the game right now so just make sure you look from more than one side of the cage before poking what's on the other side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Not to hard to compromise leaving what was once not this way the same and moving on from this point forward

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

It just occured to me that most decent pink gear doesn't really drop from anywhere any more so if this was implemented eventually all of that stuff would become unavailable to anyone joining the game now or leveling new characters. So unless the current loot tables were radically improved to go along with it this seems like an increasingly bad idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Terrible idea. So collectors could never wear their stuff again if they want to sell in the future? I never plan on selling any of my collection anyway but if I want to I should be able to equip it and then sell it if I want. Bind on equip wouldn't work well in a game like this.

Also this just seems like a way for merchers to hoard the last few Un equipped pieces of gear and increase the price. This would only help the Merching population IMO.

It would be much better if new gear was added to locked every month to keep people opening them. Farmers would have something to farm again and new gear wouldn't flood the market as much like current crate gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Terrible idea. So collectors could never wear their stuff again if they want to sell in the future? I never plan on selling any of my collection anyway but if I want to I should be able to equip it and then sell it if I want. Bind on equip wouldn't work well in a game like this.

Also this just seems like a way for merchers to hoard the last few Un equipped pieces of gear and increase the price. This would only help the Merching population IMO.

It would be much better if new gear was added to locked every month to keep people opening them. Farmers would have something to farm again and new gear wouldn't flood the market as much like current crate gear.
    Did you even read the orginal post and through comments?

Orginal post: the CS would have to have all items wiped off it (bought by dev alts) or auction fees returned to sellers and a complete reset of CS to prevent hoarding

Through comments: certain collectors items may become vanitys (forerunner, herald etc) also a cleansing essence could be implemented 20-50 essence with the same drop rate as normal essence to cleanse a item to make it tradeable again (until someone equips again)
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 11-28-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So, let me get this straight.

I save months for, say, elo bow. I pay 20 million. Then a few months later a better weapon comes out. Bow now costs 10 million, new weapon costs 20 million. And you are telling me my only option would be to liquidate the bow for like 500k? I'd never buy a bow, I'd be better off just taking a break from the game, sitting on my 20 million, and waiting for the next event or the new cap and get the next top weapon. And while there are a lot of people who do that now, implement this and you will see virtually everyone doing it.

And there are some other, specific situation. Think about the bulwark fiasco for example. It wasn't that long ago after all. Now imagine if we had BoE back then. How many warriors do you think would have rage quit? Imagine some of them liquidating maul to get this newly buffed super duper weapon.

In my opinion this suggestion will create more problems than it will solve. To be honest, I am not sure whether there will be any "economy" left at all.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sir Lubo Penev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    You DONT have to have the "BEST" weapon, besides, new weapons that get the job done just fine will come and people will be fine with them.
    Which new weapon can compete those dws ss or vorpal in twink level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

This a solution for a problem which has a different cause.
    Auction is floaded with all the same items, then fix that. Make more items worth running/farming for. The current items have a shorter lifespan and some not even worth running for.

The staged release of items made us all run for the same item. Every staged release over and over again. This cant hurt with a event, but a year long since previous cap?
    Normally mass liquidation you only see during a cap raise, but there have been several already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Great to have fresh ideas. But if there is a single supplier in whole system, isnt it so that only the amount of their supplies matter however you might want to fine tune it?
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Did you even read the orginal post and through comments?

Orginal post: the CS would have to have all items wiped off it (bought by dev alts) or auction fees returned to sellers and a complete reset of CS to prevent hoarding

Through comments: certain collectors items may become vanitys (forerunner, herald etc) also a cleansing essence could be implemented 20-50 essence with the same drop rate as normal essence to cleanse a item to make it tradeable again (until someone equips again)
    I read it. It's still a terrible idea IMO. It wouldn't work well in this kind of game. There would still be people who hoard in advance that would just clean up on the raised prices after cs is cleared. It just seems like a merchers dream way of making a lot of gold and not helping the general population at all.

Farmers just need something to farm again besides elite tombs. Locked used to provide an excellent income.

A better way would be to let the 5% of the al population who still think we need a gold sink to just buy all the extra equip and liquidate it themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Which new weapon can compete those dws ss or vorpal in twink level?
    A. I don't play warrior often enough to know, I'm simply stating that new things will come, and they will GET THE JOB DONE , doesn't specfically mean they will show the old stuff up, just means they will be viable in a pvp scenario. Also, this thread isn't about "Warrior Twink Weapons", let's keep it on topic, so it doesn't get taken down needlessly. PM me of you want to discuss more
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Yeah in another game I play they have bind on equip items like what youre suggesting, as well as bind on loot (which is something like the arena master chests). This system works really really well.

In that same game, you can upgrade an item through crafting to get the item up to a maximum of +9 or +12. Items get new stats every three levels. To craft the item you need a certain number of an essence type drop depending on item level, and one sacrifice item - the craft and succeed or fail and the higher the rarity of the sacrifice item the higher ur chances of success.

Using sacrifice items is another way to help elite gear retain its stats, because if in this game you had to sacrifice legendary gear whenever you wanted to craft a gem it would be a way to drain them out of the game meaning they would also retain some sort of value.

Sacrifice items and bind on equip are nice as they prevent items endlessly circulating and changing hand until there are more of one item than anyone could ever want and the price eventually just bottoms out.

Edit: The game I'm talking about is called Tera Rising- it has a really nice F2P model the community spirit is a bit lacking in comparison to here but the F2P model I'd say they have it spot on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This idea has its pros and cons.
    A major con is it prevents sharing, I have alot of IRL friends who play this game, I share my gear with them when they need it. So this idea would stop that. But its a decent idea and for that you get my thanks. Although I may have to vote no.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Brilliant

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    A. I don't play warrior often enough to know, I'm simply stating that new things will come, and they will GET THE JOB DONE , doesn't specfically mean they will show the old stuff up, just means they will be viable in a pvp scenario. Also, this thread isn't about "Warrior Twink Weapons", let's keep it on topic, so it doesn't get taken down needlessly. PM me of you want to discuss more
    Iam on topic my friend.
    Its not about warrior twink weapons but its about gears where WARRIOR Twink Weapons fall too and it was just an reply to your comment where you said twink people can use new weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    So, let me get this straight.

I save months for, say, elo bow. I pay 20 million. Then a few months later a better weapon comes out. Bow now costs 10 million, new weapon costs 20 million. And you are telling me my only option would be to liquidate the bow for like 500k? I'd never buy a bow, I'd be better off just taking a break from the game, sitting on my 20 million, and waiting for the next event or the new cap and get the next top weapon. And while there are a lot of people who do that now, implement this and you will see virtually everyone doing it.

And there are some other, specific situation. Think about the bulwark fiasco for example. It wasn't that long ago after all. Now imagine if we had BoE back then. How many warriors do you think would have rage quit? Imagine some of them liquidating maul to get this newly buffed super duper weapon.

In my opinion this suggestion will create more problems than it will solve. To be honest, I am not sure whether there will be any "economy" left at all.
    I see you're another person who doesn't read through comments - refer to cleansing essence please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think this would be a fine idea for legendary and below items. But for mythic and arcane, there is no need to do this as all it would cause is prices on this stuff to go even higher. But for legendary gear, this would help eliminate some of the excess on the market.

But really, I think a better way would be to just stop having so much of the legendary gear drop. It has become way too common.