Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So hows the LB vanity goes ?

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Hey, to comment on the banner thing, there are not any leaderboard banners for this event. However, we have been listening to the feedback on this and I do believe we will make LB banners the norm going forward. This time around, the vanities were the only prizes. Thanks for understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    To me the sorc and the rogue vanities are awesome and worth their price! I fell in love with the rogue and spent all my wealth buying it. It's the first true rare vanity that won't be messed with. Halloween has 80+ sets and jester were gifts that will always come recolor. Arlors if enough people complain eventually may come back as they were purchasable for plat. There were only 28 or 29 for rogue sets and since I will never sell mine that's one less off the market! I paid between 30-40.

As for the warrior yetti, it's so butt ugly and troll like that it's not worth more than 15m.
    awesome feedback, thanks for sharing.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    What does it prove?
    someone must have asked why no banner this time? And that answer had come.
    Well the question was so clear and we hoped mods will update us with a sure reply and there was many threads as well from the time of event on .they never bother to reply us.

Name:  1420750464-picsay.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  96.1 KB
    Last edited by RDX; 01-08-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

rdpro, I think LB stated the prizes already and theres no banner that is indicated, so I think its obviously no banners to be rewarded at all, no confirmation needed.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    rdpro, I think LB stated the prizes already and theres no banner that is indicated, so I think its obviously no banners to be rewarded at all, no confirmation needed.
    ermm, to answer your question...yes it can be profitable. But right now as candy pointed out..many are to broke to purchase those vanities form sellers. I loved halloween ghost "duh right" but as for golem im not gonna buy it unless its a recolor..or sold for plat. Speaking of recolors...its becoming a new trend that I want to see going away. Packing awesomeness into an event means new stuff..not old stuff with a fresh coat of paint.

Time always has benefits to those who wait..like heraldic, carrier..and founder sets....but see "recolors can destroy its value..just because you can obtain a similar item..with a different color. But like holiday alors can retain value (red and green sets)..because winter rage uses the same design and has a cape.

eg: look a the fossils, and other items, in initial release of them of course they are valued high...but with many broke people, these prices drop just as fast.

p.s. I never ran LB for the halloween event i just traded some nice stuff to get what I really wanted...this goes for anything I want in the game.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-08-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

There a bad buy i think fraline there prob gonna take a dip in price so id invest then maybe not so much now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

And something i never understood about people complaining about something like lb vanitiesnot being profitable is the people that own the lb vanities obviously set the market for these so if there not profitable its because u chose to sell it at a price that wasnt so all the balme is to whom set the market that way just saying blame yourselves not someone else sts doesnt set market value on items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

;

Yeah the prizes but banner is more than a profitable prize which we can sell .it shows our dedication and hard work towards that specific leadorborad .and as i said in last post theres no update for other lb banners as well .all players who do hard work for lb like flags etc and dnt use forums they all know that lb always give a banner to remember our hard work there is no announcement aftr each season end INGAME that sts will give them banners for next season.banners r to remember ur hard work.
    This time 1-50 got no banners .26-50 used plat or gold for being in lb and spent our time for nothing.
    In all world ppl ppl join a competition so others will remember them and for money
    Same was in al .ppl remember ur hard work when they see cap banners,lb banners,event banners
    How we gonna tell our folks that we ran one month in winter event? While others can show thier one or two week hard work
    Last edited by RDX; 01-08-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    And something i never understood about people complaining about something like lb vanitiesnot being profitable is the people that own the lb vanities obviously set the market for these so if there not profitable its because u chose to sell it at a price that wasnt so all the balme is to whom set the market that way just saying blame yourselves not someone else sts doesnt set market value on items
    at some point, few runners still doing LB rewards as part of their merching tactics - we cant deny it, its a fact.

Although they set expectations on how it should be valued - after it is released / or after few months ; few are still disappointed. Some might aim to be like "i want to gain 10m more when selling this vanity" - ended up selling it cheap - gains 4m profit. Thats how I see why few complains that it wasn't profitable at all. Just IMO.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RDX View Post
    ;

Yeah the prizes but banner is more than a profitable prize which we can sell .it shows our dedication and hard work towards that specific leadorborad .and as i said in last post theres no update for other lb banners as well .all players who do hard work for lb like flags etc and dnt use forums they all know that lb always give a banner to remember our hard work there is no announcement aftr each season end INGAME that sts will give them banners for next season.banners r to remember ur hard work.
    This time 1-50 got no banners .26-50 used plat or gold for being in lb and spent our time for nothing.
    In all world ppl ppl join a competition so others will remember them and for money
    Same was in al .ppl remember ur hard work when they see cap banners,lb banners,event banners
    How we gonna tell our folks that we ran one month in winter event? While others can show thier one or two week hard work
    true, I made a thread few days when event started. I always want to collect LB banners but since they didnt respond about the banners, I already think that theres no banners to be handed out at all, by then, I didnt tried to run and just sit my a** of to 41 and farm. Well, much said, sorry for your loss =/

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Very true but idk they dump 20mil into event then sell the event prize for 20mil or less then complain it wasnt profitable in reality its there fault for setting market that way makes no sense lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    Very true but idk they dump 20mil into event then sell the event prize for 20mil or less then complain it wasnt profitable in reality its there fault for setting market that way makes no sense lol
    I have the same question on halloween vanities as well- how the runners sold it for 7-9mil per set when lowest they can do is 10mil per set (basing the lowest points from the 3 classes). =/

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ok guys, thanks for the feedback but still, my questions are not yet answered.
    As stated, I wanted to see how much the profit goes for those who run to LB and selling their vanity. Its not my concern if most or majority of the lb runners are having fun / not regretting from running the event at all, LOL. Also not my concern if vanities are ugly or what so ever, my thread points on how was it profitable - to those who are selling their vanities.

Hoping those who sold their vanities might reply and not those who are just basing answers from what they observe.
    Thanks.
    I have a friend who is willing to sell her rogue set for 30m but sadly, no buyers yet. If I am not mistaken, probably 15m profit if it will be sold, not sure tho. Does it answer your question?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Venus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Fraline you miss a huge point of the leaderboard running. Have you ever participated? The majority of the LB runners do so for the fun of having their name on there, not to *get rich* from some item given as the prize.
    i doubt, maybe few but not majority.
    Who are those people who made threads in forum, shouts in pier and in gc selling for vanities? They merch it, right? Simply means they wanted profit and earn gold from running. I doubt most of them runs for fame cause all i see are people selling the vanities higher than what they spend (obviously) yet theres no buyers who are willing to buy them. Its also other players way of letting themselves gear up, from profits of the vanities, so "not to get rich" doesnt match the real situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Hey fraline..

Me and a bunch of my friends all did the lb and there's mixed feelings among us... The rogue sets are selling for the most and they also did the most runs, so it seems like the prices kinda reflect about how much we ran for most of us.

I kinda wanted to keep mine (especially since there's no banner and now I have nothing to remind me of all the hard work), but was broke and wanted to get whim before he disappeared so I traded my golem set for whim, a cpl legendary pets, and a cpl mil.

The mages that I ran with that sold theirs got 20-27m outta them, but I know some sold for less...
    The tanks I know have had no luck selling yet and are the most disheartened with this event.
    I don't know any rogues selling theirs so I can't add input on how they feel about the prices.

All in all I did make a profit, but wish the prizes were just a bit better... It was a lot of work... And I hope to buy golem suit back when I'm not so broke.

I think that if the prize was whim + vanity me (and everyone I know that ran) would have been much happier... Ppl that wanted to make money could have sold both and collectors would have their rare limited edition vanity.

Just my feelings on how the whole lb thing worked out :-)
    Hope that answers some your questions
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~Venus View Post
    I have a friend who is willing to sell her rogue set for 30m but sadly, no buyers yet. If I am not mistaken, probably 15m profit if it will be sold, not sure tho. Does it answer your question?
    yup, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Hey fraline..

Me and a bunch of my friends all did the lb and there's mixed feelings among us... The rogue sets are selling for the most and they also did the most runs, so it seems like the prices kinda reflect about how much we ran for most of us.

I kinda wanted to keep mine (especially since there's no banner and now I have nothing to remind me of all the hard work), but was broke and wanted to get whim before he disappeared so I traded my golem set for whim, a cpl legendary pets, and a cpl mil.

The mages that I ran with that sold theirs got 20-27m outta them, but I know some sold for less...
    The tanks I know have had no luck selling yet and are the most disheartened with this event.
    I don't know any rogues selling theirs so I can't add input on how they feel about the prices.

All in all I did make a profit, but wish the prizes were just a bit better... It was a lot of work... And I hope to buy golem suit back when I'm not so broke.

I think that if the prize was whim + vanity me (and everyone I know that ran) would have been much happier... Ppl that wanted to make money could have sold both and collectors would have their rare limited edition vanity.

Just my feelings on how the whole lb thing worked out :-)
    Hope that answers some your questions
    thanks! perfect answer for my question. as what ven stated :

Quote Originally Posted by ~Venus View Post
    Its also other players way of letting themselves gear up, from profits of the vanities, so "not to get rich" doesnt match the real situation.
    some do make LB reward as their opportunity to get the things they want from reselling the reward they got, just sad to see theres no banners for you to remind from your hardwork after selling the vanities.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I don't have the time or stamina to run lb but I know some that do. Some told me the expected to get 40-50m. I said from the beginning the would be lucky to get 10m. It appears I was a lot closer to the mark. I know some lb players haven't even had an offer for their vanities. Most will lose money.

The moral of the story is if you run lb for a vanity expecting a profit it probably isn't a good idea.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    I don't have the time or stamina to run lb but I know some that do. Some told me the expected to get 40-50m. I said from the beginning the would be lucky to get 10m. It appears I was a lot closer to the mark. I know some lb players haven't even had an offer for their vanities. Most will lose money.

The moral of the story is if you run lb for a vanity expecting a profit it probably isn't a good idea.
    true, i dont think its the best to earn profit using lb rewards, esp at this moment where everyone is broke but we cant hide the truth that there are still some who do it. Even Leaderboards is not designed to earn profit but to have something that is valuable to keep, still doesnt let all players follow it instead , they still try to merch it. We cant hide it, everyone is shouting in pier selling those vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Fraline you miss a huge point of the leaderboard running. Have you ever participated? The majority of the LB runners do so for the fun of having their name on there, not to *get rich* from some item given as the prize. Everyone knows leaderboard is very expensive and competitive, and the big prize is just a token of what you went through. Everyone in my guild, and I think we ended up with 5 people on the LB, just wanted the vanity to keep.

The problem with having an arcane item for the rewards is that it fosters cheating, unhealthy game playing behavior, and a rivalry that goes against the nice community that we have here. StS has said they will never repeat the SNS-type reward for the event LB again. In addition, a large population of the legends players are unable to keep up with the LB because they are working professionals, or students with limited game-play. Once you add in the element of arcane it just creates chaos and unfairness in the game.

I think the unique vanities will hold value, let's face it vanity are really the ONE thing that keeps and goes up in value in this game. We can't expect right after the event when the most of these items are in the game that the price skyrockets. It takes time.
    1. Vanities go up and up as time goes? Hell no. Not anymore aftrr those bans took place. Economy has broken down so much they are just going down. U can see the value of coloured jester/heraldic..
    2. Ppl run lb for fun of having their name there? Are u kidding me? There are only 10-20% ppl who actually run for that purpose. I dont wanna run lb, spend tons of energies and sleepless nights just coz i wanna have my name on it.
    I dont see any warrs who ran for the fun of it.. They are all selling their vanities.
    Some mages/rouges ran for the vanity but theres just a small propotion of them
    3. I dont get it how putting an arcane egg as lb reward promote scams or unfairness in the game?
    4. Its not our problem that many professionals who are working dont have time to play.. They can just buy the lb reward later if they want to. There are many sellers.
    Last edited by Universalpro; 01-09-2015 at 07:20 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Universalpro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

And yeah it was completely useless to run lb.
    How much profit did we earn? (-)4-5m i had say.
    We made huge losses instead..
    I could have easily made 10-15m out of the event if i wasnt running for lb.
    And ofc.. Sts is not to blame.. They already showed us the rewards and we agreed to run for it.
    The ppl at fault are those stupid lb runners who start selling their vanities for less than what they have spend for it.

And there are hardly any collectors left who actually wanna buy the vanities so its a complete waste.