Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding a recent public-made-glitch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Regarding a recent public-made-glitch

A fellow forumer recently made a guide on how to perform the wall glitch.

His intentions with going public were nothing but good. He explained that he wanted the recent flood of scams to end. The scam being, that the person would supposedly tell the victim how to perform the said glitch for a large sum of gold, but then ran with the money instead. So the guide maker thought that the scams would end if all players knew about the glitch.

I do not however think he considered the following; between all the people who have seen the guide, there are bound to be some who see an opportunity in this. There have been many "watch-out-for-this-and-that-to-not-get-scammed" warnings on the forum before and a twist always followed. While the intentions of the person who wanted to prevent future scams are good, it turns out that the number of scams only increase, since not so many players are on the forum or read the warning. Scammers on the other hand get new ideas.

I know I am breaking some rules here, but I cannot in good consciousness stand idly by. What bothers me is STS's solution, or in this case the not-solution. Clearly the best way to prevent the scams is to fix the glitch, but we all know that is not going to happen anytime soon, so this does not really bother me as much. What bothers me is the moderation on the forum. As said above, the forum member's intentions were nothing but good and he clearly had no profit from it, in contrary he invested his time in order to reveal the glitch. Don't get me wrong though, I understand that the guide had to be removed for reasons mentioned above. But the person who made the guide surely didn't deserve what he received. I just hope that his sanction is not permanent.

In conclusion: the guide had to be removed. Moderator's actions have been rather rushed as he removed the guide, without any explanation in order to prevent such guides in the future. I think an explanation as to why not post such things would be far better than sanctioning a member as a warning to others.

Also, I walked into Balefort today and there were a lot of silly people ramming their heads against the corners of the wall. Not sure if I should find it funny or be concerned.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  266.1 KB
    Last edited by LEVEL ONE; 01-11-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LEVEL ONE For This Useful Post: