Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by famousfame View Post
    Sorry skipped straight to comment after reading , apologies if I'm repeating. Gem idea is not good at all I wouldn't want to swap none of my gems for this, at moment process of getting grand is pretty diabolical and +4str and 15armour is worthless, to make this gem appealing add HP or dmg, maybe +5str 5%hp 5%armour

"what goes up will come down"
    If 5% too much then 3%

"what goes up will come down"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    more then two warriors in one team is a crying shame. i completely agree to your point. but wouldn t it be interesting to have a counter against too many para gems because people neglected their mana needs? most players are frustrated with gear gap and class imbalances, and this could help steer things a bit in the right direction *if carefully balanced*, that s why the call for discussion.
    I think it would be interesting, and it's definitely an idea. There are still a lot of players without para gems though that try to get into pvp so you're right it would have to be carefully balanced. It would probably be worse for twinks than endgame. Maybe the rogue gem could have a counter effect for an additional proc? Maybe 2.5% regain so the war gem still does some damage if the rogues procs.

Overall if there is an immunity and no stacking rogues probably don't need the counter because you're right it's about an aimed shot. I am at 1865 mana and an aimed shot takes 6% of it. Packs take 5% so it wouldn't be too bad but may help with the rogue situation a little. Rogues are over powered atm.

I think stacking would be the biggest issue even if you're only facing two wars say one gets lucky procs twice so it stacks 10% 186 mana loss(using my 1865 mana as a base) and the other war procs right after for another 93 mana loss you'd be in a mess. This may never happen and I may be over thinking it, you never can tell how something will work until it has been implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As long as pet damage does not count as a chance to proc the pet, I do not see an issue with this. Warriors already have to chase after rogues as it is. However, if that is going to happen, then as a rogue I would also appreciate something that would give me a PvP benefit as well. Else, these gems are going to be looking at a very one-sided demand. Perhaps..5% hp reduction on warrior?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Since you already stated that you find it interesting to create a buff/debuff gem,how about something really new? For example,on taking damage chance to proc stun immunity for (idk) 10 seconds...
    I think all classes would benefit from those... Both pvp and pve. With so many new pets who can stun you,with warriors who stun on ss,that would be a life-saver. And mages stun with those lightnings,so I suppose it would make pvp bit more fun. And pve as well. If we encounter those big tindirin guys who has to stun you no matter which class are you,it would save your "life" and some pots for warriors. Adding armor sounds to me like a bad idea. I tried twinking,but those low level warriors are already too powerful... Well,any thoughts about this one?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hhhohstapler For This Useful Post:

.no

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Is this based on the initial post, or the revised post? The amount of armor accrued at a lower level would be pretty low given the potential rarity of the gem and amount of them required to have an effect. At level 13 it would add 8 or 12 armor per gem, a pretty minuscule amount of damage reduction comparatively. 15 of these in a worst case would be 120 - 180 armor on a fully geared legendary+ player would be about 8-12% reduction. Less than a single piece of gear, but that's a lot of primary stat to relinquish.

As mentioned above the hope is that this provides additional choices for players, and not a "must have" go to for every slot in their gear.
    Cara u didn't get the twink opinion on this. As a new level 10 warrior twink. Im seeing the opness of warriors Atlow level. The current armor and hp presence is already at peak And it's like a full packaged hulk. Basically at this current time it requires 3/4 players to bring 1 super tank armor based warrior down.
    THIS IS UNREAL. It's super hard to penetrate the 700 around armor at such low levels.

From the twink perspective WE DO NOT WANTANY MORE ARMORS at low level. If u guys don't belive me then please test andpoint Me out if I'm wrong.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lol, many crying in low lvl twink warrior got so many armor and hard to kill.
    Now theres new armor gem hmmm you guys really listning or you ignore us in low lvl pvp. Or this is a joke?
    If this release im done in other class lets make all warrior and be immortal in pvp!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

What's the meaning of pvp if nobody going to die? I kindly request to devs team,
    Please lock those gems to level 40/41 only.

Overweightank

Hello everyone!

Inbound in the future is a new Arena Gem for players to farm for. The primary idea behind these gems is to give players something in between the Arcane Fossil, and the Undead Vials, mixed in with the Gladiator gear to pursue. There will be three flavors of this gem, one for each primary stat (DEX, INT, STR).

In order to prevent scamming and other issues associated with gems/socketing/selling items, these gems have been scaled in such a way that everyone can use it without breaking PvP from the Armor amount at lower levels. The armor will certainly help however, but it will take some time and some coin to acquire. Note that the hit reduction on enemy only applies in PvE.

Here's a quick breakdown of what the gems are in there current form:

EDIT: Current iteration here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post2034518

Base Gems:
    8 Armor, +INT (Scaled based on item level), and chance on do damage to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target
    8 Armor, +STR (Scaled based on item level), and chance on do damage to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target
    8 Armor, +DEX (Scaled based on item level), and chance on do damage to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target

Grand Gems:
    15 Armor, +INT (Scaled based on item level with supergem bonus), and a chance on attack to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target
    15 Armor, +STR (Scaled based on item level with supergem bonus), and a chance on attack to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target
    15 Armor, +DEX (Scaled based on item level with supergem bonus), and a chance on attack to apply a 20% hit reduction debuff on the target

And here's a breakdown of important aspects related to these gems:

• The armor bonus does stack with multiple gems
    • The chance to proc hit reduction debuff on attack ability does not stack, or benefit from multiple arena gems. This currently has a 2% chance on doing damage to go off
    • The chance to receive a super gem is the same as other gems
    • The Supergem bonus for the stat portion of the gem will be a bit lower than a pure Blood, Glacial, or Fire gem. Not a lot, but enough to dissuade a potentially broken scenario of all gem slots taken up by these gems.
    • Arena Gems can be traded and stashed
    • Their vendor value is 2750 Gold
    • Only available from Elite Arena Master Chests
    • No crafting is required, the actual gem will drop and be of Legendary quality
    • Don't underestimate the value of reduced chance to hit in PvE!

Here’s how the Gem compares against its basic glacial, blood, and fire gem counterparts throughout some sampling of levels.

Level 02:
    Attachment 117420

Level 11:
    Attachment 117421

Level 21:
    Attachment 117503

Level 31:
    Attachment 117504

Level 41:
    Attachment 117505

Thoughts? Concerns?
    It's nice I guess, Just dont make this gem really hard to get. Because then it will be useless. if its just easy enough to get, then I guess its good idea. I was hoping for an armor gem, and now I got one. Ty sts i love it personally <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Don't u get it warriors already dominating the low level pvp! With more armor being added up it will more more stressful to penetrate those armors and deliver damage
    Remember, not all rogues open armor reduction on aim. At level 10 they r just tight with handful of skill points where they can't even open reduction.
    Calm down, armor is not the only factor on why anyone is hard to drop at lvl 10 or level below 15 +30 armor say from 3 arena gems does not have a huge impact.

As mentioned not all will use a full 10 arena gem.

the idea of 3.5% chance to reduce armor 8%, combined with 5% Mana damage for Warriors could be something
    A dual proc seems to be good with mythic rarity gem; arena gems is of legendary rarity should stick to 1 proc, and lets not forget this gems not to appease warriors its for the whole game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

2% chance is ridiculously too small for something that can't be stacked -_- ...
    at least 10% chance is reasonable, but no more than 20%
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

So based on feedback I'm hearing I want to propose these changes. The idea behind these gems is to provide a debuff that helps a team in PvE/PvP, and not so much a single character buff. Splitting the procs out based on class gives each class a purpose in having the proc gem as the only way to acquire that debuff is to have that class in the group. Here are some related thoughts based on feedback I read in this thread.

I originally intended for these to be level 40/41 only as was previously mentioned, however that does not work in our current system. As a level 41 person I can socket that gem into a level 15 weapon and sell it on the Consignment Shop and all hell breaks loose, so the more intelligent approach is that of scaling based on level for everyone.

Owning/socketing multiple gems into gear of the same type adding additional stats of relevance does work, but only when it comes to personal statistics. When the debuff is applied to a target it's a different story, and unfortunately does not apply in that form.

With this in mind, I'm proposing these changes:

The INT/DEX/STR stat will remain the same. However the Armor value will appropriately scale starting from (5 +.2*level) on a normal gem, and (8+ .33*level) on a super gem. Remember that the level is attached to the item level. Some examples using Dex.

Level 2:
    Normal Gem: 1 Dex, 5 Armor
    Super Gem: 1 Dex, 9 Armor

Level 11:
    Normal Gem: 2 Dex, 7 Armor
    Super Gem: 2 Dex, 12 Armor

level 21:
    Normal Gem: 2 Dex, 9 Armor
    Super Gem: 3 Dex, 15 Armor

level 31:
    Normal Gem: 3 Dex, 11 Armor
    Super Gem: 3 Dex, 18 Armor

Level 41:
    Normal Gem: 3 Dex, 13 Armor
    Super Gem: 4 Dex, 22 Armor

The procs per class would be as follows, and now would apply to PvP as well as PvE:

Rogue:
    3.5% chance to doing damage (This includes dots) to reduce enemy hit by 15% for 6.5 seconds

Sorcerer:
    3.5% chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce chance to Crit by 6.5% for 6.5 seconds

Warrior:
    3.5% Chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce armor by 8% for 6.5 seconds

- Note that Maridos reduces armor by 15%, so this keeps him special without giving too much to Warriors. These are powerful debuffs, especially in PvE and obviously useful in PvP.
    This is still too strong on low lvls, if 10 grand armor gems are used on lvl8, then its +100 armor. Give them 0 primary, or much much less armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've been absent from this conversation so far, but here are my thoughts on the new gem:

Cara: you need to make the scaling more steep, i.e. lower armor amounts at low levels and higher at high levels. And yes, I'm looking at the REVISED numbers, not the original.

Keep this in mind... At lower levels, PvP fights tend to take too long because armor amounts are too high. That is mostly due to the pet happiness bonus not scaling. Yet at higher levels, we have the exact opposite issue..... not enough armor. PvP fights there last 5 seconds and you can die from a single hit sometimes.

So therefore, how about some more extreme scaling. Keep the middle levels (20-30) the same, but make the lower levels have less armor and the higher levels have more armor.

I can tell you as a level 10 mage with 5 para gems (137 damage), there are warriors in my guild who I cannot kill if they just stand there and don't fight back and keep healing themselves with HOR. That is already a serious issue, and one which we would like to see addressed. But giving warriors a means to add even more armor will just totally break pvp at these levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Don't u get it warriors already dominating the low level pvp! With more armor being added up it will more more stressful to penetrate those armors and deliver damage
    Remember, not all rogues open armor reduction on aim. At level 10 they r just tight with handful of skill points where they can't even open reduction.
    What about this

Name:  arenagem.png
Views: 212
Size:  31.1 KB

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, that's perfect Hali

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

the idea of 3.5% chance to reduce armor 8%, combined with 5% Mana damage for Warriors could be something
    any thoughts of the idea of adding a mana drain proc?
    i think it s overlooked a bit in the discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i suggest:
    1. 15% chance for 15% armor reduction for normal attack, or
    2. 15% chance for 10% damage reduction for normal attack (rare debuff), or
    3. 5% lifesteal for every normal attack, or
    4. 5% manadrain for every normal attack
    adding proc to skill is kinda unfair for warrior who has long cooldown on most skills, and i don't know about other but, i refrain greatly from adding DoT to my skill set, because its ridiculous aggro-gain
    Last edited by extrapayah; 02-03-2015 at 06:11 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    What about this

Name:  arenagem.png
Views: 212
Size:  31.1 KB
    That is indeed pretty good scaling. Thank u hali for ur effort. If possible to keep 0 primary stat till level 10 will be more beautiful. And start 1 stat from 11 and onwards.

NOTE TO STS DEVS TEAM:
    Please reconsider gears and pets armor at low levels along with the 3 heals skill build. Immortal tanks is not that we wanted to see.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I've been absent from this conversation so far, but here are my thoughts on the new gem:

Cara: you need to make the scaling more steep, i.e. lower armor amounts at low levels and higher at high levels. And yes, I'm looking at the REVISED numbers, not the original.

Keep this in mind... At lower levels, PvP fights tend to take too long because armor amounts are too high. That is mostly due to the pet happiness bonus not scaling. Yet at higher levels, we have the exact opposite issue..... not enough armor. PvP fights there last 5 seconds and you can die from a single hit sometimes.

So therefore, how about some more extreme scaling. Keep the middle levels (20-30) the same, but make the lower levels have less armor and the higher levels have more armor.

I can tell you as a level 10 mage with 5 para gems (137 damage), there are warriors in my guild who I cannot kill if they just stand there and don't fight back and keep healing themselves with HOR. That is already a serious issue, and one which we would like to see addressed. But giving warriors a means to add even more armor will just totally break pvp at these levels.
    Thank you bro for ur great words. True fact indeed warriors r very over powered at low levels. The amount of heals, armour is simply biased to be god of ctf. Like yesterday we were trying to kill a warrior with juggernaut and expedition shiled. Took around 25 minutes for 3 of us with 1 rogue to bring him down.
    Those heals:
    Juggernaut around 500
    Vengence around 450
    Horn of renew around 220 per tick
    Where the armor around 700 doesn't even allow crit penetrate and deliver damage. And the annoying part is he just kept running around from cornors to cornors.
    I didn't get this. Is this a pvp or a marathon?
    We got tired n stopped for a while. Then he fires back his words" common boys tired already?"
    I nearly broke my device on rage.
    Last edited by davidvilla; 02-03-2015 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thank you so much, this is the greatest update ever. very nice

Only thing is:
    1. Armor stat should be increased.
    2. Chance to proc hit reduction debuff on attack should be increased.

This is a gem like other gems, some ppl said it should be limited to l40/l41 lol thats so funny why other gems are not limited to l40 / l41 and only this should be and if anyone not interested can simply sell it in auction for some gold and some said how to bring down 2 warrior in a team if they use this lol why not talking about how to tank in front of 4 full arcane rogue with para& syrilax gems. Better stop complaining, rogues are already overpowered and is really hard to tank in front of full para rogues.( better say impossible)

We love to see more armor based gem into game rather than bunch of crit and damage gem. This gem and more armor based gems are really good for elite maps as well.
    Last edited by cyrusrevange; 02-03-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

That is indeed pretty good scaling. Thank u hali for ur effort. If possible to keep 0 primary stat till level 10 will be more beautiful. And start 1 stat from 11 and onwards.

NOTE TO STS DEVS TEAM:
    Please reconsider gears and pets armor at low levels along with the 3 heals skill build. Immortal tanks is not that we wanted to see.
    I adjusted the numbers to the original gem stats, -1 on normal and -2 on grand. If someone put 10 grand arena gem on lvl10, then its +50 armor, but -20 str -200hp compared to grand blood, thats a huge loss, hopefully seems less logical to use at this level.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: