Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusrevange View Post
    If you have any questions regarding skills/stats/classes/gems you can email me. I would be glad to teach you
    I have a question....

I have a level 10 twink sorcerer with all max gear and 5 para gems with 137 damage. It is the most damage of any level 10 that I am aware of, and certainly the most in my guild Red Legion. Yet there are warriors in my guild who I cannot kill even if they just stand there and heal and don't even fight back. They will just keep healing faster than I can inflict damage. So what am I doing wrong? I'm using all the max damage skills.... Ice, Lightning, Time Shift..... I've tried all different kinds of builds, and nothing works. Now you are suggesting that they should have even more armor.

And just so you understand how OP I am at this level, when I run events I can solo even the toughest boss (like Syrillax) inside of 30 seconds. I can run the Gauntlet solo in about 2 1/2 minutes. Yet I cannot kill some warriors with max gear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Best scenario for most warriors is probably going to be just 1 grand gem of these arena gems. Just to have for the proc. Depending on the proc if its worth it too. Bad to sacrifice hp,dmg,bonus dmg for armor.
    Then which impress you? The first one was -1 primary, 0.25*item lvl on normal -2 primary, 0.5* item lvl on grand.

This is normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -2 primary, 0.6*item lvl:
    Name:  arenagem4.png
Views: 206
Size:  32.0 KB

normal: -1 primary 0.25*item lvl; grand: -1 primary, 0.5*item lvl:
    Name:  arenagem2.png
Views: 202
Size:  31.7 KB

normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -1 primary, 0.6*item lvl:
    Name:  arenagem3.png
Views: 203
Size:  32.6 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #143
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Very nice. I'm inclined to agree with the "normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -2 primary, 0.6*item lvl" iteration because the reality is a lot of players will be tempted to use a lot of these games with the higher primary stats, enough to make it the "go to" gem against the original gems and it should be a meaningful choice.

Thanks for the feedback in all regards
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Then which impress you? The first one was -1 primary, 0.25*item lvl on normal -2 primary, 0.5* item lvl on grand.

This is normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -2 primary, 0.6*item lvl:
Views: 206

normal: -1 primary 0.25*item lvl; grand: -1 primary, 0.5*item lvl:
    Name:  arenagem2.png
Views: 202
Size:  31.7 KB

normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -1 primary, 0.6*item lvl:
    Name:  arenagem3.png
Views: 203
Size:  32.6 KB
    Minimizing the strength loss is the only decent way for a warrior to use it. For me, I'm not looking for a defensive gem. Most warriors I know look for offense rather than defense.

41 Bonesaw > 41 Bulwark
    Grand Blood Gems > Grand Life Gems
    Grand Blood Gems > Enchanted Eye of Syrrilax

Those are my opinions and usually what I recommend when people ask me. Once you reach a certain armor level for warrior in PVP to survive an aimshot while jugg'd or for PVE to survive boss red zones, you don't need more armor at all.

I don't think there is a trade-off combination that is good for warrior without making the gem too strong. For 41, rage gems are 3/2 and better than normal gems 3. I would like at least to see 3 + (some armor value) for normal arena gems. I wouldn't grand the gem because I'll reserve grand slots for grand blood gems just like I use normal rage gems while crafting daily currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Also, the idea of doing mana damage or mana drain of 5% shouldn't be too bad especially since the proc chance is low. When using an arcane ring, I believe the ring is supposed to proc 2% mana regen at a low chance. This is hardly noticable but is probably there.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thanks Cara we hope this is the stat given in lower lvl. We dont need more armor in lower level.
    Can you please review warrior skills in lower lvl too +50 str vb is a no no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I have a question....

I have a level 10 twink sorcerer with all max gear and 5 para gems with 137 damage. It is the most damage of any level 10 that I am aware of, and certainly the most in my guild Red Legion. Yet there are warriors in my guild who I cannot kill even if they just stand there and heal and don't even fight back. They will just keep healing faster than I can inflict damage. So what am I doing wrong? I'm using all the max damage skills.... Ice, Lightning, Time Shift..... I've tried all different kinds of builds, and nothing works. Now you are suggesting that they should have even more armor.

And just so you understand how OP I am at this level, when I run events I can solo even the toughest boss (like Syrillax) inside of 30 seconds. I can run the Gauntlet solo in about 2 1/2 minutes. Yet I cannot kill some warriors with max gear.
    Armor is for all class, they all can use. hmmm you only compare yourself to warrior and not to rogues. You have to accept some classes are weaker than another. You can kill or deff against a rogue same op as yourself? ofc no, so armor is not only for warrior. Those who know how to build classes will use very well of this gem.
    Last edited by cyrusrevange; 02-03-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Armor is for all class, they all can use. hmmm you only compare yourself to warrior and not to rogues. You have to accept some classes are weaker than another. You can last against a rogue same op as yourself? ofc no, so armor is not only for warrior. Those who know how to build classes will use very well of this gem.
    Seems like you're only comparing to rogue and not mage. If anything, the mage armor gem should be buffed to offer higher armor. They would have to sacrifice some of that huge damage, but could be an opportunity to add some more survivability to them. The twinks are making a point about lower level pvp. If what they are saying about not being able to kill a level 10 tank when he's just spamming heal is true, that seems to be a problem. Max geared end game players prob don't need this gem as much. Might be helpful to players that aren't max gear if they are smart about it. This whole thread makes me so happy I chose the imbued will set. Plenty of mana and plenty of armor. Survivor rogue :-) Since we've had a mythic gem in para and some good legendary gems, I certainly hope we can get some ARCANE gems in next expansion maybe.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If you have any questions regarding skills/stats/classes/gems you can email me. I would be glad to teach you
    Ok Mr pro. Can u make a proper post about how to kill a warrior at low level like level 10 where he has 2300 hp around 700 armor, juggernaut, smash, vengence with 50 str and horn with duration and shield as skill set.

U saying ur a pro rogue at earlier post so can u please bring it on and prove it rather than just proposing literature at forums?

I will go at 11pm sharp London time and my ign is: unabinuate.
    I would like to see if ur theory on armor actually meets the real fact in game.
    Note: people r welcome to witness the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This would be much better(regarding -2 primary, 0.6*item lvl)

lvl 41 :
    grand arena (+5/45.6)

lvl 11:

grand arena (+2/27.6)

and same for all other levels
    Last edited by cyrusrevange; 02-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Ok Mr pro. Can u make a proper post about how to kill a warrior at low level like level 10 where he has 2300 hp around 700 armor, juggernaut, smash, vengence with 50 str and horn with duration and shield as skill set.

U saying ur a pro rogue at earlier post so can u please bring it on and prove it rather than just proposing literature at forums?

I will go at 11pm sharp London time and my ign is: unabinuate.
    I would like to see if ur theory on armor actually meets the real fact in game.
    Note: people r welcome to witness the game.
    This is my forume name. I don't post my IGN here sorry lol
    Prob we met before or we will

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is my forume name. I don't post my IGN here sorry lol
    Prob we met before or we will
    Don't run from it dude. Make a rogue and come down 10 with all ur theories and hypothesis. And let's evaluate the game. We will have lots of witnesses around don't worry.
    And no excuses please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Don't run from it dude. Make a rogue and come down 10 with all ur theories and hypothesis. And let's evaluate the game. We will have lots of witnesses around don't worry.
    And no excuses please.
    Armor value should be increased to what I post earlier. I can send someone to evaluate the game for you with different classes, but para and eye gem must be used. This gem can only be little bonus against rogues. If you are looking to kill the warriors fast better move to end game as I said before. Low levels are not same as end game to act fast.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Armor value should be increased to what I post earlier. I can send someone to evaluate the game for you with different classes, but para and eye gem must be used. This gem can only be little bonus against rogues. If you are looking to kill the warriors fast better move to end game as I said before. Low levels are not same as end game to act fast.
    Ur bla bla bla and all those literature again.
    From what I sense is:
    - u have a warrior at low level and u want those gems just to abuse through those armor being immortal.
    - u cannot ask directly for those gems bcuz all twinks r asking to low down stats completely but u can't admit it. Just because u have a warrior toon somewhere at those level u just using ur lvl 41 as a decoy to get more armor.
    When we asked for to limit at 40/41 nobody had any problem with it except u. Cuz u have a warrior somewhere dude. Just admit it dude that u want those gems badly to abuse at low level pvp.
    # dontfeelshy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ur bla bla bla and all those literature again.
    From what I sense is:
    - u have a warrior at low level and u want those gems just to abuse through those armor being immortal.
    - u cannot ask directly for those gems bcuz all twinks r asking to low down stats completely but u can't admit it. Just because u have a warrior toon somewhere at those level u just using ur lvl 41 as a decoy to get more armor.
    When we asked for to limit at 40/41 nobody had any problem with it except u. Cuz u have a warrior somewhere dude. Just admit it dude that u want those gems badly to abuse at low level pvp.
    # dontfeelshy
    lol how you know all twinks are agree with you?? most of ppl don't even come to forum, so we can't talk behalf of other people.
    It seems you don't want them badly lol but pvp must be balanced.
    I never waste time to play below l10.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

lol how you know all twinks are agree with you?? most of ppl don't even come to forum, so we can't talk behalf of other people.
    It seems you don't want them badly lol but pvp must be balanced.
    I never waste time to play below l10.
    Oh yea.
    U claiming Urself being a rogue and now this.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  43.6 KB

U r busted dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Oh yea.
    U claiming Urself being a rogue and now this.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  43.6 KB

U r busted dude.
    I have plenty of characters. 4.6 HP was long time ago now much higher , I use warrior as well.
    Last edited by cyrusrevange; 02-03-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Very nice. I'm inclined to agree with the "normal: -1 primary 0.3*item lvl; grand: -2 primary, 0.6*item lvl" iteration because the reality is a lot of players will be tempted to use a lot of these games with the higher primary stats, enough to make it the "go to" gem against the original gems and it should be a meaningful choice.

Thanks for the feedback in all regards
    A meaningful choice indeed. If it has the same primary stats as a the original gems, it's a no-brainer. But, if I'm choosing a primary stat OR armor (with some primary stat negated), I'll really have to think about it! Interesting...

Sorry to throw another variable into the mix, but I hope the gem isn't made too rare so that the trouble of obtaining one negates whatever benefits one may get from choosing it over the original gems. Sure, suppose after thinking it over I decide to use it instead of the original gem. I'll farm and spend some money to obtain it, but I don't want to fly to the moon and back to get it. That is, of course, unless it is some amazing gem like the paracelsus soul stone for which I will happily slingshot myself into lunar orbit for!

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Using Haligali's well put together spreadsheet (Attached here for reference) I'm proposing these procs.

Warrior Proc regardless of gem or combinations: 3.5% chance to proc armor reduced by 8% for 6.5 seconds, mana damaged 5%
    Rogue Proc regardless of gem or combinations: 3.5% chance to proc hit reduced by 15%, dodge reduced by 10% for 6.5 seconds
    Sorcerer Proc regardless of gem or combinations: 3.5% chance to proc crit reduced by 6.5% for 6.5 seconds, and adds bleed that damages 1.5% health every second for 6 seconds (9% total, bosses would be immune or take a reduced amount of damage, say 0.5% per tick)

Views: 158
    Last edited by Carapace; 02-03-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

So in pvp we (rogues) are looking at warriors taking away mana and now mages taking away 9% health in 6 seconds.. and we get dodge reduction.. I have no words. GG

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post: