Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warriors we want to play to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yep. Warriors should deal more damage and be fast. Pls do an update on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The source of the issue is why Tanks aren't really welcomed in party. It all comes down to the fact that Warriors don't save much in the way of ankh (which is the real currency for elite, since pots are just the cost of doing business) because many mobs and bosses one-hit, tank or no tank, yet their presence slow down runs tremendously.

The solution in my mind is to have Warriors deal massive debuffs on armor, hit %, damage, etc. AND strong party buffs. If a Warrior can debuff mobs and bosses enough that there is no appreciable difference in overall run times, AND their presence can save you some pots/ankh, then the entire dynamic of tanking changes. If I can save some pots and ankh but still farm at the same rate, then my preference would be to have a tank. But, when I'm paying 30-40k or 12 plat for DMG, DMG Reduction and Reroll kits every 30 minutes, the Warrior penalty means I get in one or two fewer runs than with a full DPS party, so the cost per run increases by as much as 40%!

Here is an idea on skill upgrades:
    VB: Extend buff to entire party
    RC: Double the buff time
    WM: Extend attack range, mobs/bosses hit get a -30% armor debuff for 6 seconds (10 if charged)
    SS: 50% Damage reduction to affected mobs/boss for 6 seconds (10 if charged)
    HoR: Panic mobs in range
    AT: -30% armor debuff for 6 seconds
    CS: 100% interruption of windup on bosses! 100% stun!
    Jug: Damage taken while skill is active is also reflected back on the attacking mob/boss

Obviously, these added effects would only apply to PvE, but if these were added, why wouldn't DPS players want to run with tanks?

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would really love s buff for warriors so that I can finally not get kicked out a party for having "low damage"

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The source of the issue is why Tanks aren't really welcomed in party. It all comes down to the fact that Warriors don't save much in the way of ankh (which is the real currency for elite, since pots are just the cost of doing business) because many mobs and bosses one-hit, tank or no tank, yet their presence slow down runs tremendously.

The solution in my mind is to have Warriors deal massive debuffs on armor, hit %, damage, etc. AND strong party buffs. If a Warrior can debuff mobs and bosses enough that there is no appreciable difference in overall run times, AND their presence can save you some pots/ankh, then the entire dynamic of tanking changes. If I can save some pots and ankh but still farm at the same rate, then my preference would be to have a tank. But, when I'm paying 30-40k or 12 plat for DMG, DMG Reduction and Reroll kits every 30 minutes, the Warrior penalty means I get in one or two fewer runs than with a full DPS party, so the cost per run increases by as much as 40%!

WM: Extend attack range, mobs/bosses hit get a -30% armor debuff for 6 seconds (10 if charged)
    Jug: Damage taken while skill is active is also reflected back on the attacking mob/boss

Obviously, these added effects would only apply to PvE, but if these were added, why wouldn't DPS players want to run with tanks?
    +1000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Has STS ever acknowledged that a tank in the party scales the mob difficulty significantly? If not, then why would they ever add the suggestions?

If they have acknowledged it, then the debuffs proposed will only mitigate the Warriors presence.

I'm with you, and all those who are making this suggestion, I just don't see STS adding debuffs for something they don't believe is actually happening. In their mind this will only make the maps that much easier, no?
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's an idea: parties of 3 or 4 that include all three different classes get a buff. Now I don't know what buff, but let's say for example it's a +dmg, +speed, +hp, +mana and dmg reduction, in a way that a party of 3 or 4 with the class buff is as efficient or at least almost as efficient as a party of 3 or 4 rogues. This would obviously go against the whole platinum spending that STS desires, so maybe a lesser buff just to make it an incentive would be pretty good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes! Warriors need a buff in pve!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

for the pve side, there are options to reward mixed parties on map design alone:
    for examples 3 obstacles, which could only be conquered each by by one class and reveal a shortcut to the boss.
    this could serve as a quick fix for event lb s for example, where the tank with the most dps friends wins...

but in generell the skill system must be recalibrated to make all classes desireable in a party without artificial elements on the map.

and yes, like ota said, the scaling needs to be looked into too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Carapace please take a look at the above skill set and improvements mentioned by Kalizzaa. This is what we really need, and I'm sure would not take much time being implemented.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Awesome upgrades.

As a tank, I am frustrated on keeping aggro. I'm using 3 taunt skills with all taunt upgrade. But I still lose aggro so much. The bosses don't even bother to look at me like my cs don't even scratch him.

It's either rogue's dmg is too higher than warrior's taunt or taunt itself is too short and weak.
    Please let us 'tank'.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hard to find tank now -.- plz guys come back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Posted this on Remiem's weekly update:

Hi Remiem,

Thanks for the update.

I understand that you guys are busy and preparing for the expansion.

I dont wont pretend to know how the game coding/mechanism works but as mentioned the foundation needed in the warrior skills for the warrior to be more effcient in party runs at endgame is already there and maybe you can activate them or increase their percentage. This was the quick fix that i was reffering to. For example:

1.0 Skward smash, chest splitter , axe throw have already in their description 'increased damage on a critical' why not just increase the percentage of this damage to make wars more efficient in helping to take out mons and bosses
    2.0 Axe Throw Denting Blow upgrade description states 'enemies hit by your weapom recieves 10% armore reduction' why not increse this to 40-50percent
    3.0 Chest Splitter staggering blow upgrade states 'will interrupt an enemy's attack wind ups' why not apply this to all bosses and mons as currently it is not in effect and if it is it is not noticable, immaging how helpful a warrior can be if we can cancel the boss special attacks.
    4.0 Feeble of axe throw and chest splitter all is states in the skill description is 'for a short time' how short is tbis time? Can it not be increased? Like from 2sec to 8seconds?

I understand that a revamp is necessary but as show here the foindation required to asssit warriors in becoming effcient in parties are already there is it really that complex to increase the values in these parameters? Yes its a quick fix i understand that but better have it temporarily intil the real skill revamp than have warriors switch toons just because they cant pve efficiently.

I wont event want to mention 'Taunt' cos for warrior to taunt at endgame parties ... That is a major revamp indeed.

Regarding your planning and mentioning in your post that hope will post an update when there is a relevant progress, to be honest and no offense intended, thats not exactly a what a client would want to hear, i mean yes its a game but also a business right. Its like saying 'when we find a solution, and we are alworking in it, we will get back to you' well in a business environtment that just doesnt work. Sts has to be responsible enough to give itself a deadline to achieve the goal and if you have given yourselfs a dealine why not share it with us? We would be more appreciative of that. It could be as simple as we will lok into it for a year an have quarter updages with the 'tweeks' and reasses the situation per update'. But such an aswers was not even hinted.

I know my tone here and in previous post is rather persistent and hopefully not aggressive but i just sincerely belive that such a change will help the game, thus my persistence, a game which i love and spent money on and a game which i hope will last.

Thanks for reading and i hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    Maarkus

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    Doesn't matter how much u buff warrior, even if it does double the damage in pve then what it does now , id rather run with rouges , warriors still womt be able to match a rouge with anks around who needs a warrior for survivability, now that's the real problem, ank kits.

And @remiem you can have new maps deal 10k damage we still won't need tanks, we are all too dependant on anks and elixers. With them around us rouges really don't need any help, only reason I ever run with tanks is to help them get in a party because they really are not much benefit to any party in pve, no offence tanks lol!.
    Lol and this is all true

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Same as PL all about mages/archers for quick runs. The whole tank idea is useless if the other classes kill things instantly. I feel like warriors should be able to spec as a tank or a damage or hybrid.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bustaflex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hey OP i felt like this too.

even with bonesaw, mythic sets and samael on me...i was kicked from pt because the pt leader want a fast run.

well its easy for me i just remove him from my friend list and put him on my ignore list..

what is the maximum the ignore list can handle? lol

everbody now become racist to warrior.

im sad to see this conditions. all my friend warrs told me no body want to play with them, and they even evicted from map by others in random pt.

well i only have 1 char and its a warr. come on sts make this game more fun to play for warrior.

dont make us to fell wasted while play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

+1 awesome! We need this!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Just an interesting fact. CS used to have 100% stun, or close to it, and that stun also worked in pvp. They took it out in the middle of season 3 in a hidden patch.

Ravager can verify that, since I used it on him until he learned how to run (that took all of 3 fights)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Just an interesting fact. CS used to have 100% stun, or close to it, and that stun also worked in pvp. They took it out in the middle of season 3 in a hidden patch.
    And that's the problem. A skill, described as being able to cancel boss windups, no longer performs as advertised. It could be a great skill because it has a very fast cooldown, so, in the right hands, could be priceless.

I have no issue if STS decides to continue the trend of one-hits, but there has to be a strategy or party alignment to counter that. A tank with a proper CS skill could be that counter. If some of these debuffs could be added, and STS creates tougher and tougher bosses, it would actually discourage all-DPS parties and success would require a competent tank, which is what everyone is asking for.

Given the skill upgrades I am suggesting, imagine a tank rounding up a massive group of mobs, Sorc knocks them all down with a FB then drops a clock to root them, the tank uses WM to debuff the mobs and VB to buff the party, and the Rogues go to work taking out the pack in their weakened state. This would be the true cooperative dynamic which is currently missing. This could potentially make runs extremely fast with the right classes together, but much, much more difficult on all-Rogue, or all-DPS parties.

Even better would be with bosses! A tank holding aggro and absorbing the normal damage, using CS to stun on the big windups, debuffing and casting VB to boost the party for faster kills. Far better than the hacks we employ now rotating Kelvin/George/Breeze. Rogues (the single target DMG class) nerfing themselves with inferior pets just to interrupt windups is counter-productive. There isn't much strategy in chain-stunning. Somehow, this game should reward skill and teamwork, and this is a could be a really good way to get there.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Love these ideas... Would be nice to get 1/3 the population back into pve... and stop losing so many end game tanks outta boredom.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about the update on warrior skills? Any new news? Thanks