Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

He was saying that dodge is mostly useless in Pvp. Dodge doesn't affect skills. Most rogues spam skills in pvp. As far as I know bosses don't dodge either.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Dodge should be good in pvp they just need to nerf the dodge down 25% or something i personally enjoy longer clashes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Rather then throwing your toys out the pram and start getting condescending, work with me here.

Way I look at this is say an average rogue has a base of 50% crit... my proc takes away just 3.2% of that for however many seconds.

Now a rogue gets a 10% dodge reduction over however many seconds...

Now with that in mind some please go find out the average dodge % mages have as a base stat as for me mine sits at 10.65%...

I also dont lack gears or pets.

For however many seconds a rogue during pvp will proc the chance to hit nearly every single time.

Thats my perspective and Im open for the idea to be sold to me that 6.5% crit reduction for a mage even the 1.5 bleed is relevant when much better alternatives exist.

I dont want to simply kick a fuss for the sake of it on a thread and I especially wouldn't want to jeopardize the opportunity of such a great idea coming into play ( I personally have been longing for armour gems since i first heard about para ).

If the rogue community is happy with the current modifications on the gem then YAY!! thats a 1/3 of the way there

I simply want to get more peoples attention to relook the proc on the mage just as rogues have done the same and unfortunately it does seem out of all the classes it is what it is at the moment rogues are the favoured ones.

Just about time other classes voiced out their opinions on what comes our for them rather then dictated by people biased to the opposing class
    ^.^
    I agree with baronb. mages need more proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    Cara,

It may be best to put this gem on the backburner until the new skill system is released and balances have been made. There seems to be too many issues from all sides twinks, end-game, warriors, mages and rogues. Maybe instead a new (not recolored) farm-able vanity in chests may be a decent substitute if it is awesome and doesn't drop very often.
    Some people have issue with everything coming to this game, it doesnt mean all updates should be stopped because of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldmarket View Post
    Some people have issue with everything coming to this game, it doesnt mean all updates should be stopped because of them.
    It's not about stopping the updates. This gem should be released but at a later time. The game is so out of whack right now balance wise, that I proposed a different option which has no effect on game play at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    It's not about stopping the updates. This gem should be released but at a later time. The game is so out of whack right now balance wise, that I proposed a different option which has no effect on game play at all.
    I don't see any issue with this update or any other in AL and I think everything should go on. All have to follow the game. We can't decide for game producers or devs what to do or when to do it(I think thats a little bit rude to ask for something like that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I don't see any issue with this update or any other in AL and I think everything should go on. All have to follow the game. We can't decide for game producers or devs what to do or when to do it(I think thats a little bit rude to ask for something like that)
    Devs are human too. They don't play the game nearly as much as we do. They take in feedback. Elites were postponed last spring due to issues/possible issues. Delays happen. Better to prevent issues rather than wait till they happen.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

This is a suggestion/discussion thread. Cara asked for our input. Does that mean they have to do it no. Since when is it rude to give input on a thread that is asking for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Devs are human too. They don't play the game nearly as much as we do. They take in feedback. Elites were postponed last spring due to issues/possible issues. Delays happen. Better to prevent issues rather than wait till they happen.
    Good point but some players need to bring down that expectation they imagining inside their mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Good point but some players need to bring down that expectation they imagining inside their mind.
    I'm sure they have some sort of expectation or hopes. Not all my suggestions were considered or even replied to but its collaborative.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I'm sure they have some sort of expectation or hopes. Not all my suggestions were considered or even replied to but its collaborative.
    Your a old good player bro, I hope you will be more happy as well. I remember bro your 500 flag AP, maybe you don't remember but I do. If im right it was on l31. Now you'r number 1/ very nice keep it up bro. Hope to see you always number 1.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Taking a step back from the gem in its current form, this conversation has certainly dived into a completely other realm. There are class balance issues, and ultimately this gem is not supposed to "fix" or address in any band-aid kind of way the larger scale problem which needs to be addressed by a deeper dive and potential refactoring of skills as we know them.

I think the idea of armor on the gem with reduced primary stats is probably going to be all there is on this gem. Bringing the primary skill value up a touch and omitting the plans for Procs on this gem is the way to go, allowing the choice for players to utilize a little extra armor if they see fit. I agree with Raregem on this one, and the procs and other related elements of a gem are best left until the underlying issue is resolved.

I will bump the rarity of the gem down from a legendary into an epic, making them a lot more common and maintain a liquidation value of 2750 so that it's value in secondary market never dips too low. Naturally, new gems in the future with procs and the like are a discussion for that time and not off the table completely.

Thank you all for the feedback, and in depth discussion related to this gem!
    Last edited by Carapace; 02-04-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Taking a step back from the gem in its current form, this conversation has certainly dived into a completely other realm. There are class balance issues, and ultimately this gem is not supposed to "fix" or address in any band-aid kind of way the larger scale problem which needs to be addressed by a deeper dive and potential refactoring of skills as we know them.

I think the idea of armor on the gem with reduced primary stats is probably going to be all there is on this gem. Bringing the primary skill value up a touch and omitting the plans for Procs on this gem is the way to go, allowing the choice for players to utilize a little extra armor if they see fit. I agree with Raregem on this one, and the procs and other related elements of a gem are best left until the underlying issue is resolved.

I will bump the rarity of the gem down from a legendary into an epic, making them a lot more common and maintain a liquidation value of 2750 so that it's value in secondary market never dips too low. Naturally, new gems in the future with procs and the like are a discussion for that time and not off the table completely.

Armourer gems yay ^.^!!

Serious note I am thankful you habe taken this approach rather then a hasty decision be made.

The idea tho of having different gems that proc different abilities is still very appealing. Prehaps a option where players can have a choice of what procs to equip on their armour ?

Could start seeing all sorts of combos ect ^.^
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

How long is a mage buff/skill revamp been over due ?

The issues with warriors has only more recently been highlighted and noted where as mages has had it way over due.

These gems shouldnt be seen as a fix to the need of using warriors or mages in maps your right but the package offered by these gems so far are more favourable to rogues at this moment in time, then warriors an then lastly to mages.

Unfortunately I might not be as clued up as some with the exact game mechanics as some of the other people that are posting suggestions and so far if you read through the thread most of the ideas that seem to have sparked a developers interests have been predominantly rogue players.

Like it or not this will always lead to some form of baised decisions which is fair enough as we all want our class to be the best but lets not keep allowing one particular class to have all the advantages.

I wouldnt be quite so sure about the lack of nox being used in pvp however... tho majourity of tanks use jugg.. not so many mages actually use curse.

But just because a rogue uses razor shield dosnt also mean mages in pvp have dropped fireball as they cant get the stun at the start anymore.

Keep the gem for rogues as it is.. fine... people are happy... but mage n war proc on gem need fixing to be more on par with rogue proc, and thats the underline concern here now.
    This post is rather misinformed and irrelevant. B.

This is a discussion about a new gem and how it should benefit each class in both pve and pvp. It is not about mage skill revamp, nor does it have any connection to it.

The rogue gem procs are completely useless in pvp (since all skills hit) and only benefit rarely from mobs in pve. Moreover, the stats that the gem are not worth keeping due to the primary stat trade-off. How would a gem that's rather ineffective be favoured?

Atm the proc benefits warriors rather well both in pve and pvp, with the only downside of having a relatively low chance of proccing. Considering the mage proc, reducing the crit rate of a boss would be useful, particularly in elite maps. Although the bleed in pve may not sound too satisfying, it definitely can be a game changer in pvp. On top of that, there is a high chance for mages to proc due to Dot.

If you are talking about skill revamps, then this is not the thread to discuss it. Even without a proc on this gem, 3 rogues will still complete elites efficiently.

Also, the devs are not favouring suggestions based on their class, but their experience and knowledge about the game. An example of this would be Hali's awesome table that he shared with everyone. It would be reasonable for the devs to adopt suggestions from players that are polished with the game mechanics over less experienced players (who are many people posting in this thread, including you and me).

Fyi, razor shield rogues do drop nox.

Just my 2¢. Be cool and stay rational
    Last edited by Jeffgeomon; 02-04-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    This post is rather a ridiculous and irrelevant. B.

This is a discussion about a new gem and how it should benefit each class in both pve and pvp. It is not about mage skill revamp, nor does it have any connection to it.

The rogue gem procs are completely useless in pvp (since all skills hit) and only benefit rarely from mobs in pve. Moreover, the stats that the gem are not worth keeping due to the primary stat trade-off. How would a gem that's rather ineffective be favoured?

Atm the proc benefits warriors rather well both in pve and pvp, with the only downside of having a relatively low chance of proccing. Considering the mage proc, reducing the crit rate of a boss would be useful, particularly in elite maps. Although the bleed in pve may not sound too satisfying, it definitely can be a game changer in pvp. On top of that, there is a high chance for mages to proc due to Dot.

If you are talking about skill revamps, then this is not the thread to discuss it. Even without a proc on this gem, 3 rogues will still complete elites efficiently.

Also, the devs are not favouring suggestions based on their class, but their experience and knowledge about the game. An example of this would be Hali's awesome table that he shared with everyone. It would be reasonable for the devs to adopt suggestions from players that are polished with the game mechanics over less experienced players (who are many people posting in this thread, including you and me).

I appreciate the response.

My original argument and still is how the procs and there respective % for mages seemed unfair as to what was being offered the other classes.

I appreciate this isnt the place for skill refinements nor that the gems are any sort of fix as im sure ive mentioned in previous posts.

I know I don't understand the full ins and outs but all I ask for is a explaination or justification to being offered.

For the record as well, I did say it was a case of basied players getting their inputs overheard. As a class rogues have the strongest voice so to speak in game and forums.

Now that is the reality of the game politics that one must navigate through in this game and it is what it is.

Now so far it seems all the excitement is coming from rogue camp about the procs on these gems.

Im happy for them but someone for thr love of god show me clear pros and cons of each class and there justifications for having whatever %s ...

Again may not know full ins and outs but I am willing to learn and not being able to get what I regard as standard information for such an iteam, then a "nub" such as myself will never be able to make a better informed decision before jumping the gun so to speak.

Also threads like these are f***ing fantastic!! More should be around and this is a great example of getting involved with the game developers ^.^ epic!

An most appreciate the time people have taken to at least read my couple pence ^.^

1 < 3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I appreciate the response.

My original argument and still is how the procs and there respective % for mages seemed unfair as to what was being offered the other classes.

I appreciate this isnt the place for skill refinements nor that the gems are any sort of fix as im sure ive mentioned in previous posts.

I know I don't understand the full ins and outs but all I ask for is a explaination or justification to being offered.

For the record as well, I did say it was a case of basied players getting their inputs overheard. As a class rogues have the strongest voice so to speak in game and forums.

Now that is the reality of the game politics that one must navigate through in this game and it is what it is.

Now so far it seems all the excitement is coming from rogue camp about the procs on these gems.

Im happy for them but someone for thr love of god show me clear pros and cons of each class and there justifications for having whatever %s ...

Again may not know full ins and outs but I am willing to learn and not being able to get what I regard as standard information for such an iteam, then a "nub" such as myself will never be able to make a better informed decision before jumping the gun so to speak.

Also threads like these are f***ing fantastic!! More should be around and this is a great example of getting involved with the game developers ^.^ epic!

An most appreciate the time people have taken to at least read my couple pence ^.^

1 < 3
    +100 to baronb

yes/ all the excitement is coming from rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    This post is rather a ridiculous and irrelevant. B.

Don't call someone's post ridiculous/ maybe you'r more ridiculous than anyone. keep it clean and decent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to see the Cursed Skull adjusted to make the proc actually handy. It would be a good place to start if you are planning on looking at proc gems in the future. Once the formula is set and people are happy with how it works, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to other things. As it stands now, the proc on that gem is just a gimmick so people don't have much faith in gem procs as a feature.

Something to think on, anyways.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to see the Cursed Skull adjusted to make the proc actually handy. It would be a good place to start if you are planning on looking at proc gems in the future. Once the formula is set and people are happy with how it works, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to other things. As it stands now, the proc on that gem is just a gimmick so people don't have much faith in gem procs as a feature.

Something to think on, anyways.
    Wouldnt let me do a thumbs up so this shall have to suffice..

+1
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+100 to Carapace / we appreciate all of your work.