Thread: Thinking Out Loud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Thinking Out Loud

Hey guys, I'll try and speak english here, its tough for me as I live under a bridge eating stolen peanut butter sandwitches.

After browsing the forums for a few days, I think I have a basic understanding of the personality of AL's community.

As a former devout PL player, I now realize that the two communities behave quite differently.

In PL, updates were about as rare as bannana bows. We jumped at news of a winter event, despite the fact that it was the exact same one as the previous two winter events. STS gives us a one level expansion thats simply recycled content with different color sparkles on the sets, and PLs loyal players go absolutely berserk. Class balancing, bug fixes, and free "blah" weekends drove us jumping with joy.

If I have noticed one thing here in AL, its that, and excuse my harsh wording, this community is infested with spoiled brats. "oh no, my banner doesnt go well with my gear," "this event is boring and dull, give us a real one, " "sts, im gonna kill myself, theres a slight discoloration on the left butt cheeck of my pet fluffycorn." Its all absurd.

You all need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you don't.

thx.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trollish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lmao, thank you for posting this xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The game is still running while other MMOs get shut down. Heck, a more drastic comparison: people in third world countries face poverty issues while we are complaining about a game no longer being updated. Perhaps you too need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you do not.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Yeah... plus if we never complain, how would sts know what we want? If they don't have stuff we want then they aren't getting our money/popularity
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

They don't make enough pink and purple and rainbow items. I wish that this would be fixed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The game is still running while other MMOs get shut down. Heck, a more drastic comparison: people in third world countries face poverty issues while we are complaining about a game no longer being updated. Perhaps you too need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you do not.
    ^^^

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

This ^^^. Made me think about our home and how many homeless and starving people are there. Made me call home and ask my parents to give some food to next beggar they see. Thank you for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    They don't make enough pink and purple and rainbow items. I wish that this would be fixed.
    "the drop rate for the ancient druid nipple amulets is too low. fml"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollish View Post
    "the drop rate for the ancient druid nipple amulets is too low. fml"
    People are spending their money on this game when they could be donating it. Lol I don't even know if people realize that. Those people, they would rather get a really cool, good weapon on a game they will probably play for less than 3 years then feed a family for a day. What makes it even weirder is the fact that a month later, they will probably spend more money to get a weapon with 5 more damage. I'm not saying that those people are stupid, just think about how your spending stuff, and what you could be doing with it. Spend your money wisely my fellow jedi.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think he's saying we complain too much not that we ask for more than sts can handle. There a difference between "sts can you please look into this" and "OMG sts what were you thinking!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Well, your browsing of AL Forum for a few days cant sum up the game and players personality. This interaction is pretty healthy as to why AL is the biggest money maker out of all Legends series.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Well said ^^^. Your absolutely right I mean look at us what have we become? We're just complaining about a game while many people are just trying to stay alive ;(
    I'm not saying that you should quit this game or something but just think about this for a second. At least you'll feel a bit of humanity in the inside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollish View Post
    Hey guys, I'll try and speak english here, its tough for me as I live under a bridge eating stolen peanut butter sandwitches.

After browsing the forums for a few days, I think I have a basic understanding of the personality of AL's community.

As a former devout PL player, I now realize that the two communities behave quite differently.

In PL, updates were about as rare as bannana bows. We jumped at news of a winter event, despite the fact that it was the exact same one as the previous two winter events. STS gives us a one level expansion thats simply recycled content with different color sparkles on the sets, and PLs loyal players go absolutely berserk. Class balancing, bug fixes, and free "blah" weekends drove us jumping with joy.

If I have noticed one thing here in AL, its that, and excuse my harsh wording, this community is infested with spoiled brats. "oh no, my banner doesnt go well with my gear," "this event is boring and dull, give us a real one, " "sts, im gonna kill myself, theres a slight discoloration on the left butt cheeck of my pet fluffycorn." Its all absurd.

You all need to take a moment and realize what you do have, not what you don't.

thx.
    so much laugh lol,

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

LOL too funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    People are spending their money on this game when they could be donating it. Lol I don't even know if people realize that. Those people, they would rather get a really cool, good weapon on a game they will probably play for less than 3 years then feed a family for a day. What makes it even weirder is the fact that a month later, they will probably spend more money to get a weapon with 5 more damage. I'm not saying that those people are stupid, just think about how your spending stuff, and what you could be doing with it. Spend your money wisely my fellow jedi.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    Hey, I like having intellectual conversations so I'd like to input my POV on this. Please don't take anything I say as offensive. When you say that people could be donating their money instead of using it for the game, an easy counter-example for that is instead of saving up your gold for something expensive, why don't you just donate it to the noobs? You can't help everyone, but I guess you can help a select few. Also, the only people who'd find some satisfaction out of doing these types of things are the ones who are selfless, feeling sympathy, and/or gain some sort of happiness from helping people. As for the people that spend their money, I think they should be fine with spending it for anything they want. Regardless of whether it will be spent for your own selfish desire or to a more productive purpose. They spend money on the game because they want to, they can, and/or it holds more importance to them. Of course you could say "it's just a game", but that's the thing. This "game" holds value to others more than most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelo View Post
    Hey, I like having intellectual conversations so I'd like to input my POV on this. Please don't take anything I say as offensive. When you say that people could be donating their money instead of using it for the game, an easy counter-example for that is instead of saving up your gold for something expensive, why don't you just donate it to the noobs? You can't help everyone, but I guess you can help a select few. Also, the only people who'd find some satisfaction out of doing these types of things are the ones who are selfless, feeling sympathy, and/or gain some sort of happiness from helping people. As for the people that spend their money, I think they should be fine with spending it for anything they want. Regardless of whether it will be spent for your own selfish desire or to a more productive purpose. They spend money on the game because they want to, they can, and/or it holds more importance to them. Of course you could say "it's just a game", but that's the thing. This "game" holds value to others more than most.
    *Takes the response in an offensive way*

BRAG U SUCK LOL! xD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rx8 For This Useful Post: