Thread: Gear vs skill in pvp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Recently got mythic daggers - an upgrade from my expedition recurve - I don't get 1 shot anymore, instead I 1 shoot (tested today) I've played since S2 and reached LB in S4, won 2 tournies so if I don't have skill I don't know who has. My so called skills weren't even used as I simply charged aimed. It's still 100% about the gear. I witnessed a mage with SnS and the pink gun completely destroy a mage with mythic gun and mythic gear.

However,
    In team-fights or clashes it does aquire skill. It takes a large amount of skill to move around skillfully in clashes. To rush the rouges and mages (the back line), but not putting yourself in complete danger. Hiding behind the tanks and staying in range of the mage mana heals, the HoR range. You must utilize a good pet combination (SnS, SnS, SnS, Nekro, Nekro (Lol)). It takes good synchronization to coordinate the time to rush and the time to use razor effectivly. It DOES require skill. Maybe not as much as in the past, but definitely a great deal.

A random meet-up (1v1), with a random person, in a randomly joined game is purely based on the gear and luck. If a little rouge goes against a rouge with Nekro, Arcane Ring, Mythic Planar Pendant, 69 paragems & 10 Eyes. With daggers and full imbued set of potency. Well yes, you're going to lose because you're undergeared.
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 02-21-2015 at 12:17 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post: