Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Truth. Which is why with the review of the leaderboard system there needs to be some sort of way if incorporating more players. When I played Runescape (way back) the leaderboard evolved from the top 25 (I think don't quote me) to the top 100 and finally to include all players above a minimum level. This singlehandedly motivated me SO much and gave me a context to where I stood against other players. The website had a section for the leaderboards where you could search for any name. This made me feel like I was not just a nobody who wasn't in the elite .01%.

The board system in this game is extremely underdeveloped. The pvp and pve boards are stagnant and won't change unless someone spends hundreds of extra hours a month or macros. I mean let's be honest who is gonna get 6m pve kills in the next two years?

The last time I checked these are seasonal leaderboards so as such they should reflect the players who were the best in this seasons. (Given that potential glitch abuses. Macros etc. are fixed)

And Serancha, it's been identified that the map being abused is not kt4 ... but I never stated which map that were exploiting. I just stated that legitimate players use wt4/kt4 to farm pve kills. Your times are probably accurate and I just guessed a few weeks since that's the last time I saw the LB and the person we are talking about had less than 1m kills. So my mistake for making that assumption.

There are many other glitches and abuses that happen on a daily basis and if a moderator would speak up I'll gladly shed light on many of these things via pm.

I just hope that this thread actually turns into something positive, and triggers some sort of change in the STG - Player relationship instead of relying on forums (which represents a disproportionate subset of players)

Also please refrain from name dropping.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least you acknowledge the fact that timed run LB is also not just for anyone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    They took kills out of boulder over a year ago. We're talking about what's possible now....or not, as the case may be.
    I know, thags why I said "When Camp Boulder upped your PvE count". Did I say we were talking about anything besides that? No. I don't see the constructivness of this post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    At least you acknowledge the fact that timed run LB is also not just for anyone now.

I know, thags why I said "When Camp Boulder upped your PvE count". Did I say we were talking about anything besides that? No. I don't see the constructivness of this post.
    Actually the discussion was about a certain player's kills in the past few weeks. So I didn't see the relevance of the reference to camp boulder farming, that is all. This whole thread is kind of non-constructive, since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.
    You should try emailing support then. Because I know for certain me and everyone else who tried got ignored with a copy and paste message saying 'Thanks for the report' and then logged on a week later to see the same person doing the same thing. And telling everyone how to cheat might make STS actually do something?

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There is a very simple solution to fix this, but it may become an annoyance if implemented. We have all been to many sites on the web where they have some sort of bot protection:

Name:  captcha.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  10.9 KB

How about one like this each time you enter a map, but just have it be 2 or 3 letters instead of a long word as typing is somewhat of an annoyance on mobile devices. This would solve this issue, but is it something we all want?

As for making the leaderboard more interesting, in Battle Command (another STS game) when you look at the leaderboard it shows you the top 100 players in each category, but then at the bottom it shows you what your rank is. So if you are not in the top 100, you can then see that you are actually ranked 1355 (or whatever your rank is). That gives you an idea of where you are in relation to everyone else, and would probably be a good thing.

Additionally, it would be nice if more factors were taken into consideration in ranking the "Top Player" leaderboard. For the guild rankings, they take all sorts of categories into consideration, but for Top Player it is just APs and PvE Kills. How about having CTF Kills, Flags and TDM Kills entering the equation. I do understand that APs are the top consideration for Top Player, but some points should be allocated for these other areas as well instead of just having PvE kills be a tiebreaker. At a minimum these other factors should be considered in the tie breaker formula.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I didnt know STS get paid by NativeX. Maybe thats why they dont do anything about plat farming? And the PvE kill issue, its already too late. Unless the botters get wiped off the LB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

imho the whole ap/lb system needs to be renewed as badly as the skill system. in fact if you take a closer look, a lot (not all) of the perceived class imbalances are just the result of the combination of team pvp modes with single player ap/lb awards.
    that being said, if there are lb awards, stg ows all players to monitor a fair competition, or we re better off without them.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I agree, Ard! Why award individuals for team pvp matches? The board system needs to be revamped.

Energizeric, that's a genius idea... Adding the rank of the player on the leaderboard is probably extremely simple, especially if it's already been implemented in another game owned by STG.

And Sera I disagree and think that emailing support wouldn't do a thing for the simple fact that this isn't a high priority item. It's been 2 years and yes bolder was fixed, but well after the damage was done. Fixing this will take a lot of effort, and will not bring about a commensurate amount of revenue for STG, so from a monetary stand point I understand that, but from a business stand point I really don't. How can a company continue to focus on events and expansions, when the foundation of the game clearly isn't sufficient to continue to sustain any more growth?

I posted this to bring to light an issue that has been swept under the rug countless times. I'd rather hit the nail on the head by pointing out the issues in a public forum rather than begging and pleading behind the scenes while we all pretend that everything on the surface is all peachy. Hopefully this will bring about some sort of change before more players quit. So overall, I believe that posting this here for all to see will have a net positive impact on the community (assuming that STG responds to this instead of deleting it)

I know it's the weekend, but a mod response to all of this would be greatly appreciated! And thanks to everyone for keeping this constructive!
    Last edited by raw; 02-15-2015 at 05:31 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I have better things to do with my time than monitor kill counts of someone who was in my guild for 2 weeks once last fall. I can tell you that I boot people who play dirty, and he wasn't booted. Whether that changed, it is not for me to say, but it is totally uncool to be naming on forums.

Warriors can gain pve kills faster than rogues due to skills like skyward smash, chest splitter and windmill, which all hit multiple targets. Tomb mobs are weak and die easily. The warrior you're referring to with your oh-so-subtle hint has spent over 2 years working on his kills. 80% of those kills were gained in the 2 season pve war between him and Boss before Boulder was de-killed. It is not possible to gain kills as fast these days.
    Thank you Sera, but by this point I don't mind being 'totally uncool'!! It is not what I am concerned with
    Last edited by leoakre; 02-15-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Actually the discussion was about a certain player's kills in the past few weeks. So I didn't see the relevance of the reference to camp boulder farming, that is all. This whole thread is kind of non-constructive, since botting should be a matter for support. Giving people ideas on how to cheat is not helpful at all for the community and game.
    I think giving EVERYBODY ideas is very constructive because that is the only way Sts will actually notice the problem and try to correct it before all of AL stops needing potions to pve because when players stop spending gold they pay more attention. Plus, maybe others can boost their way up the LB and finally receive a meaningless banner!
    Last edited by leoakre; 02-15-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    I think giving EVERYBODY ideas is very constructive because that is the only way Sts will actually notice the problem and try to correct it before all of AL stops needing potions to pve because when players stop spending gold they pay more attention. Plus, maybe others can boost their way up the LB and finally receive a meaningless banner!
    I agree, without this much commotion STS will never take notice.

+1 Energierz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

This thread is pretty constructive to me. Everyone is putting their ideas, and if camp Boulder doesn't work anymore, it's not giving people ideas lol. Anyway, I think STS should first ban all the botters, then revamp the leaderboard to eliminate potential cheating. Then, try to make a macro dectector (I guess if that's possible).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    This thread is pretty constructive to me. Everyone is putting their ideas, and if camp Boulder doesn't work anymore, it's not giving people ideas lol. Anyway, I think STS should first ban all the botters, then revamp the leaderboard to eliminate potential cheating. Then, try to make a macro dectector (I guess if that's possible).
    This idea is awesome Obee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Personally, My friends recently made up a macro detector. And almost all games have in-built macro's due to an overpopulation of SKILLS. (just saying<<). And yes, detecting a macro is very, VERY simple. I can assure you about that. In Hopping from map to map, the location changes. Let's say u go to pier and the locations is (X: 29; Y: 30) and then when i teleport to pier again your location changes (X: 32; Y:35), and also macro's dont have the intelligence to detect if they are on the same spot, like when i go to pier )the 2nd time location) and u try to go the auc (using the macro) ultimately ur location was actually in line with the stash. And boom, your caught!

The problem here is ^ that bard quests, your location remains the same, your start position does not change no matter how many time you just re-map and hop-in again. By this i mean that it might be a difficult task to identify who is using a macro (but PC moves are awkward) but since every key stroke and release has the timing STG/S can detect the movements easily. Also, i dont see any profit using them, just ruins the game experience, nothing like those slogans "download macro and let the game be at your fingers!' or "Macroing: The new art of enhancing your gameplay!". No, its all crap. This enhancing your gameplay and crap stuff can only mean danger, And as i have said earlier in Leo's thread that these file types of macro's are very dangerous and believe it or not...they wont hide anything in their stomach! So this enhancing can be ur doom. I cant say anything, because i havent tried any of the macro softwares ( and i do not want, makes me sick!) but these are really dangerous, they'd leak out everything to the owner of the software. IMO, just play with your friends and chill-out that would be way better than "Enhancing your gameplay" and crap stuff like that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

To help prevent or cure a type of problem, it helps to be as educated on the subject at hand as possible.

Which is why threads like these in my personal opinion shouldn't deleted, but maintained and kept clean (tho I might not agree with the entire post word for word, the idea of sheding light onto taboo subjects shouldnt be something people are afraid of)

Now after reading through many of different posts over the times here it, it does seem there is still plenty of work to be done but so far ill take my hat off too the STS/STG team as I have been enjoying myself more and more as I have been playing.

Now my hats off is for the fantastic platform thats been put together with still so much potential if done right...

The standing ovation however goes to the mind blowing community of people I have discovered here and the efforts some people have put into the game and in their posts for others to be informed more about the game is incredible!

When I first started I spent countless hours browsing through page after page looking for tips and advice on how to do maps and how to build up my character in this new little world I came across.

EVERYTHING when it came to guide related stuff was all contributed by the players of the actual game. There is alot the community will contribute and deleting/silencing threads that shed light to new information isnt the right way to go.

Now some glitchs or bugs per say IMO is what should be more gray rather then clear black or white / right or wrong... A cool example is the haunlet pool which lets you respawn for multiple coins, Ive seen mentioned enough times on forums but lets be honest its not really doing anyone much harm and its left to its own devices (maybe until it gets completely out of control but it might not either gotta have some faith ^.^).

Then there was the mt boulder case for example with the AFK farming. Now when it comes to levelling up your pets or even essence farming I would say why the hell not? even for looting gears.. its essentially a way of doing a level auto run which is provided by many games.

Where its not right is when those actions is when there is a leader board involved which people are supposed to work their backsides for as a point of recognition for the rest of the community to see -"yes this players worked hard achieved this and is the dogs bol***ks!".

Now going by the original topic of this thread about the PVE leader boards... It seems some great solutions have been thrown onto the table and this would be a great opportunity to get the support from the staff over at SpaceTime Studios in implementing the necessary changed to this game needed to keep it its burning soul going.

This has been done before with topics such as paragems, plannr tombs, nekro, DC issues, arena gems in the recent times that ive been here. Where staff and the community are in converse for achieving the same goals of bettering this fantastic game we all love and wish to support.

So why not work out a new systems for parts of the leader board or revamp it as its been suggested all together in a way that would prevent peoples efforts to achieve that ranking for all to see go to waste.

A possible solution for PVE leader board perhaps only the kills that are gained in particular areas of the game (such as top end elite maps) count towards your leader board rankings?

Who knows....

Ill be honest its hard for me to put to much of a input as I dont understand technical side of things to much, but i am always keen and willing to learn and without threads like this with different peoples perspectives and opinions thrown in it would be impossible to do so.

1 <3

PS...

As for making the leaderboard more interesting, in Battle Command (another STS game) when you look at the leaderboard it shows you the top 100 players in each category, but then at the bottom it shows you what your rank is. So if you are not in the top 100, you can then see that you are actually ranked 1355 (or whatever your rank is). That gives you an idea of where you are in relation to everyone else, and would probably be a good thing.

Additionally, it would be nice if more factors were taken into consideration in ranking the "Top Player" leaderboard. For the guild rankings, they take all sorts of categories into consideration, but for Top Player it is just APs and PvE Kills. How about having CTF Kills, Flags and TDM Kills entering the equation. I do understand that APs are the top consideration for Top Player, but some points should be allocated for these other areas as well instead of just having PvE kills be a tiebreaker. At a minimum these other factors should be considered in the tie breaker formula.

^WHY THE HELL HASNT THIS ALREADY BEEN IMPLEMENTED?!?!
    Last edited by BaronB; 02-16-2015 at 01:26 AM. Reason: my ps note
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    The leader boards have no value. GG Spacetime!
    Now youre saying that because your not 1st anymore.

Nheedles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

and the response from STS is ... *crickets*....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    You should try emailing support then. Because I know for certain me and everyone else who tried got ignored with a copy and paste message saying 'Thanks for the report' and then logged on a week later to see the same person doing the same thing. And telling everyone how to cheat might make STS actually do something?
    If you will notice, I said botting should be a matter for support. STS does not often take action against people who break the terms of service, which is the root of the problem.

So, instead of using a thread to call out pve kill boosters and naming one specific player as a cheater, why are we not calling on STS to crack down on ALL bots, kill farmers, and dummy farmers? The problem is not limited to pve kills.

If bosses like Jarl and the Goldmine guys no longer dropped crates on a regular basis, I would bet all my gold that the value of them would more than double after the first crate event weekend (prices would not rise substantially until the inventories were mostly cleared), as would the value of their contents.

However, the more crates that drop, the more there are to open, so (just like with plat farming for over a year) STS ignores their own rules when those breaking them keep the money rolling. And if the rule breaking doesn't adversely affect their income, they ignore that too, like kill farming and dummy farming.

Until the developers decide the integrity of the game is more important than the immediate bottom line and take their own ToS seriously, nothing is going to change.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nheedles View Post
    Now youre saying that because your not 1st anymore.
    If you say so....but many much better players than myself have been passed on the leader boards by such shameless boosting players. Since when does an arcane ring rogue need to bot farm low level mobs to gain an edge over other hard working honest players?! Its been a problem for awhile, and yes...it affects me in a big way now so I decided to speak out. So what?! I tried the emails to support along with sending nice long letters to moderators. What I received was an automated impersonal reply the first time from a certain support tech, then a very condescending reply when I emailed him again which only reinforced the feeling that the players (i.e. customers) and our concerns are insignificant to Sts on a whole. What really set me off was being told by a moderator that the exploited quest in question here was being 'played as designed but not as intended.' Wording the explanation this way then reinforced my already growing sense of insignificance because any moderator who spends any time at all actually playing the game we all love and enjoy would realize the absurdity of their explanation of that daily quest being abused. Technically, that moderator could be right although common sense dictates otherwise!!

I still suggest putting a time limit on how long a player may keep a daily quest. Say, if the quest has not been turned in to the Minstrel within 4 to 6 hours of taking the quest then it expires and that player loses the quest and his reward until the next daily Bard quest becomes available.

Not so hard to fathom.

P.s. you're so smart *snickers*
    Last edited by leoakre; 02-16-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

If you will notice, I said botting should be a matter for support. STS does not often take action against people who break the terms of service, which is the root of the problem.

So, instead of using a thread to call out pve kill boosters and naming one specific player as a cheater, why are we not calling on STS to crack down on ALL bots, kill farmers, and dummy farmers? The problem is not limited to pve kills.

If bosses like Jarl and the Goldmine guys no longer dropped crates on a regular basis, I would bet all my gold that the value of them would more than double after the first crate event weekend (prices would not rise substantially until the inventories were mostly cleared), as would the value of their contents.

However, the more crates that drop, the more there are to open, so (just like with plat farming for over a year) STS ignores their own rules when those breaking them keep the money rolling. And if the rule breaking doesn't adversely affect their income, they ignore that too, like kill farming and dummy farming.

Until the developers decide the integrity of the game is more important than the immediate bottom line and take their own ToS seriously, nothing is going to change.
    Totally agree!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

We did call sts ... they ignore us. :/ not surr if you were there but I made a thread on it and poof, deleted