Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Yes but back then I was considering of joining the contest but just simply couldn't, I also was dissapointed about not being able to join in the contest and even more dissapointed when noticing that I could've gotten a vanity (liked the design).

It still didn't pop up in my mind to start complaining about these things, I would've loved getting one of those vanities but I wasn't gonna rage over it, a vanity isn't a game changer.
    Yes and exactly why I am not complaining about the prizes. You will never see me complain about them being awarded and therefore, I defend the contest participants in that. I am asking for a change in exclusive STG prize announcement so that future complaints are greatly diminished. The Tour of Arlor vanity does not even appeal to me. It's far too common for me to enjoy wearing (As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!). I think you, and many other forumers, are mistaking intent for my posts.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes and I am not complaining for the prizes. When do you see one word about that? I defend the contest participants in that. I am asking for a change in exclusive STG prize announcement so that future complaints are greatly diminished. The Tour of Arlor vanity does not even appeal to me. It's far too common for me to enjoy wearing (As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!). I think you, and many other forumers, are mistaking intent for my posts.
    I'm not saying you're complaining @.@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not saying you're complaining @.@
    Lol, I edited just before you posted.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    So, you are saying that you would only participate out of greedy and not to help your guild and maybe even have fun with some of your frieds? There are some pretty fun maps to ran there if you are a PVE player....
    He did not say that. He is wealthy enough not take take part in contests to gain rewards which would benefit other players more. As for being helpful, get to know the guy better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    (As you can tell, I only wear vanities that very very few players can obtain. This is why I sold off Medusa!)..
    Zeus IRL
    Name:  3263234_orig.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  12.7 KB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    why i need to shut up cuz u say me? I moved from that contest cuz i don't need to compete for gold or eggs, and give more chances to win something to non-wealthy players, But i was gonna participe if it was a banner or exclusive vanity to remember the contest.
    In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' The prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained did they? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.
    Last edited by Titanfall; 02-20-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Zeus IRL
    Name:  3263234_orig.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  12.7 KB
    Lol! I get annoyed if I catch somebody wearing the same shirt as me IRL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' Prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.
    What do you mean by clearly announced? Clearly announced is in a post by sts or in game news not in some post by some forumer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    What do you mean by clearly announced? Clearly announced is in a post by sts or in game news not in some post by some forumer.
    Clearly announced on contest section. I didnt see forebearer being annouced in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

In the Contest Thread made by the Contest Organizer....not hard to find

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Clearly announced on contest section. I didnt see forebearer being annouced in game.
    I already explained why Forebearer was not announced prior to the contest. If it were, people would throw in junk entries just to get the vanity which in turn, would make it that much harder for judges to effectively judge the videos.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Clearly announced as ALL of their events...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

In the end of the day mate, face the fact that you were to lazy to run for the secret prize which was clearly announced. What did you think the secret prize was a deary egg? And go back to the forebearer vanity. You could only get that if you had a screen recorder and a forum account. I couldnt screen record along with alot of other people but we didnt complain saying 'wow sts thats unfair I cant screen record' The prize was an exclusive vanity but no one complained did they? Why? Because STS hosted it. I bet if STS hosted this contest you'd stay put cause its an 'Official STG contest'.
    lazy? cmon.. if its was an official contest i gonna be top 10 for sure, if the prize was gonna be announced at start i was gonna be top 10, if its a guild contest i was gonna push all my mates to run.

At forebears thinking u saying 'they made unfair and i can't get...' so the same problem its repeatly here.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

In the end, the truth still remains; there was a special prize from STS announced in advance. Sure, nobody knew what it was. But, it was announced. You decided not to run this event therefore making you ineligible for the prize. End of story.

I also did not run(can't run any elites past week 1/2 very well), and am fine with not adding this vanity to my collection, and I'm not going to make a complaint forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Just my experience:

1. Check forums for new posts, as usual. Read Kali's Contest planning thread >> I think, "Cool name. Interesting idea. Sounds like lots of work for Kali and team."

2. Read Kali's Contest Week 1, see what runs required, see Weekly prizes, see STS secret prize >> I think, "Wow, that's pretty cool. And the runs are super easy. Hmm...I'll give it a go!"

3. Last day of Week 1 >> I think, "OMG, wth! LOTS and lots of posts! Lots and lots of people running! Wow!"

4. Week 2 >> I think, "This event is crazy! And a lot of fun! Solo could be interesting later."

5. When secret prize is announced >> I think, "Ah, so that's the secret prize. Guess it's the usual STS contest thing. Nice, but I'm busy running elites!"

P.S. I was thinking this would be great as an annual event. Maybe STS can take it over. I really had not done the lower elites in quite a long time, and had to relearn lots of them. Great event and great work, Kali+team.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-20-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

lazy? cmon.. if its was an official contest i gonna be top 10 for sure, if the prize was gonna be announced at start i was gonna be top 10, if its a guild contest i was gonna push all my mates to run.

At forebears thinking u saying 'they made unfair and i can't get...' so the same problem its repeatly here.
    Omg all you had to do was spend an hour running elite map it takes no effort. It clearly said 'Secret prize from STS' Read that? S T S. Its an official prize from STS. Its clearly your fault. Did I run to win 500k and grimm? Not really I ran for the secret prize along with the other 100 people. And it was a guild contest

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Nobody was complaining when the first forbearers were released, you are complaining now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Nobody was complaining when the first forbearers were released, you are complaining now.
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

because we just heard about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Omg all you had to do was spend an hour running elite map it takes no effort. It clearly said 'Secret prize from STS' Read that? S T S. Its an official prize from STS. Its clearly your fault. Did I run to win 500k and grimm? Not really I ran for the secret prize along with the other 100 people. And it was a guild contest
    First, the prize non announced the first week.

Second, i dont need to read from player ill get a STS regard to participe
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore