Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arena... I find it very challenging

Overweightank

Default Arena... I find it very challenging

No! its not even hard.. its impossible without a maxed to hell party, luck, or tricks/abuse. Literelly we have to force use anhks, cuz let me ask.. has anyone in a normal non lb party ever killed Stahl before he enraged WITHOUT any tricks? Ofc not. I know for sure no one can kill that boss in 60 seconds without a lb pt. this means no maxed to heck players in all 4 slots of a party. even with 1 or 2 maxed players, this is still awful. Please sts make these enrage bosses in arena somewhat doable. atm its irretating, because I know I'll get recipe some day, but after 1 awesome run, i lose like 10 anhks. this is literelly the hardest boss in the game. no other boss is harder... we did enrage ferrix, survived killing 40% of his hp on enrage. it was cool. but stahl is a no go. even if he aiming to one person, all 3 die. he has no red zone which is REALLY unfair. Ferrix has a quick red zone showing atleast. stahl is killing arena for me and a lot of people. Arena is only gold source, and theres a predator that's impossible to kill without luck, max full pt, or abuse of bugs or so on.

- man who lost 37 anhks in 27 runs.
    Last edited by Justg; 02-24-2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Enraged Stahl is horrid, I'll agree, but that doesn't warrant nerfing the arena as a whole..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Completing 4 bosses gives a legendary Elite Arena Master Chest

Ankh can be looted from those chests. Awesome stuff aswell.

Name:  10967271_974705125874168_2129005712_o.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  128.5 KB

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Enraged Stahl is horrid, I'll agree, but that doesn't warrant nerfing the arena as a whole..
    I'm not saying to nerf arena. sorry about the confusion. haha. I mean to nerf the Stahl enrage, atleast sts should give him a red zone. its literelly a ankh pit. that anhk weekend was 100% useless, lost all the anhks i farmed in 7 runs, only made 200k profit. not worth it T_T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    I'm not saying to nerf arena. sorry about the confusion. haha. I mean to nerf the Stahl enrage, atleast sts should give him a red zone. its literelly a ankh pit. that anhk weekend was 100% useless, lost all the anhks i farmed in 7 runs, only made 200k profit. not worth it T_T
    you know 200k profit means a lot for many people? right? do you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    you know 200k profit means a lot for many people? right? do you?
    But when you take away hours of running, all the potions, and all the anhks used... only like 50k profit, which tbh is good. But I lost too much time. The effort exhurted towards the arena doesnt pay off when out of all the runs, you end up stuck with an enrage stahl... you just wanna rewind time and never have done runs in first place.. it sucks... real time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You lose more gold than you make in arena if you have bad or average luck.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This area of the game violates the free to play concept. It was specially designed for people to spend plat and merch ankhs, creating artificial demand for them and for others a giant gold sink. Currently people are being victimised or asked to leave for not having quite expensive and useless tool when they simply want to play the game. The area is so tiny, its hard to maneuver and dodge, with whim i can run circles around every single boss in the game, in arena i die too often. I was done with arena and unfair recipe drop after a sinlge try yielding too many deaths i had no control over.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 02-24-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Enrage Stahl is the hardest boss in the game. Don't enrage him!

I've told ppl how not to enrage, they say ok, then they enrage. There's a lot of ppl playing this game who just do not listen to good advice and instructions -_-
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Stahl + enraging obelisk in arena is doable with a good pt of 2-3 rogues/mages. Keep pets parked or don't summon one at all if you're afraid it might attack the obelisk when you die and revive (pets resummon beside you). However if you do enrage him while only halfway through and decided to keep on going and not reset instead of using revive, use revenge as it will give your whole party a better chance once he has enraged because all of you stay alive and attacking for 15 sec which means Stahl dies faster. Also don't forget to resummon your pet once the timer starts for maximum damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    - man who lost 37 anhks in 27 runs.
    37 ankhs in 27 runs is actually good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Enrage Stahl is the hardest boss in the game. Don't enrage him!

I've told ppl how not to enrage, they say ok, then they enrage. There's a lot of ppl playing this game who just do not listen to good advice and instructions -_-
    how to no enrage him? other than killing him before he gets enraged
    he hits too hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    how to no enrage him? other than killing him before he gets enraged
    he hits too hard
    Everyone need to stay out of the circle in which the boss and obelix spawn. Let the rogue/mage fire from outside. Its kinda boring as tank lol, only 2 positions in which u can also attack him..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Everyone need to stay out of the circle in which the boss and obelix spawn. Let the rogue/mage fire from outside. Its kinda boring as tank lol, only 2 positions in which u can also attack him..
    I think that falls under the bugs/tricks the OP was referring to. I run arena in pts of 3/4 600+ damage rogues and stahl is still likely to enrage (especially in pts of 4) if the trick to prevent enrage counter isn't used. Also, the pylon tends to soak up a good amount of our damage even if stahl is between us as the pylon. It's a separate bug for another post I suppose. We certainly don't use 5+ ankhs before the boss is dead, so the ankh usage really isn't that big of an issue for all rogue pts that know what they're doing. Mages are good for lots of weak mobs and rogues are best at single target combat. I'd suggest hopping on a lvl 41 rogue alt for arena runs. Decent gear is cheap and can easily get you above 500 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Just a note that tricks/exploits don't fall into the same category as strategy.

Waiting for stahl at the edge of the arena until he comes within firing range is the equivilant of waiting for bael on the bridge (anyone from the early seasons will remember that). personally I don't believe in doing things like that since they fall somewhere closer to exploit than strategy, and is just plain laziness.

As for strategy, the closer you are to stahl, the less damage his daggers do.
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-24-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blissfulgod View Post
    I think that falls under the bugs/tricks the OP was referring to. I run arena in pts of 3/4 600+ damage rogues and stahl is still likely to enrage (especially in pts of 4) if the trick to prevent enrage counter isn't used. Also, the pylon tends to soak up a good amount of our damage even if stahl is between us as the pylon. It's a separate bug for another post I suppose. We certainly don't use 5+ ankhs before the boss is dead, so the ankh usage really isn't that big of an issue for all rogue pts that know what they're doing. Mages are good for lots of weak mobs and rogues are best at single target combat. I'd suggest hopping on a lvl 41 rogue alt for arena runs. Decent gear is cheap and can easily get you above 500 damage.
    Probably yes, I was just answering the question of the person I quoted.
    U can kill Stahl before enrage with full dps pt too btw, I did with a pt of 3 rogues and a mage. All had mythic weap tho, and no arcanes (pets,ring etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

And.. the gate is broken. I hate it.

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

A party of 3 rogues can kill Stahl before he enrages even if they activate obelisk early. And they don't need to be maxed out. Same applies for almost every boss besides Rutger probably, as his clones soak up a lot of damage.

A party of 4 usually can't do it.

Standing at the gate and firing from there is a legitimate strategy. Implying it's an exploit (read cheat) is not cool imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

2 rogues on a team who knows how to break the obelisk before the countdown ends is enough to run without wasting alot of anks

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Agreed. A strong rogue party can kill him before the 10 count starts. If it's a bit weaker, he's probably the only boss where it can be make or break to smash the obelisk. If not, it's best for the players to be spread in different directions because his daggs can and will kill everyone if you're in the line of fire which of course makes him reset. It's also a little harder to focus on the obelisk because you can't pull stahl away from it like the other bosses.

I want stahls daggers with throwing proc for new arcane daggers and spiked dog in tombs for new ultra arcane pet!! lol I dream I dream!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Just a note that tricks/exploits don't fall into the same category as strategy.

Waiting for stahl at the edge of the arena until he comes within firing range is the equivilant of waiting for bael on the bridge (anyone from the early seasons will remember that). personally I don't believe in doing things like that since they fall somewhere closer to exploit than strategy, and is just plain laziness.

As for strategy, the closer you are to stahl, the less damage his daggers do.
    Ty and yes, I almost never use these bugs and tricks. I always like to have hard challenge, but have it fair. We shouldnt have to use exploits to fight this boss. and ty for the tip. Now I know how close to be when I fight him!