Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A big request from an old player. (Read this one, devs.)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    edit: read two posts below

I agree with most of your points except the most important one: Fbows/Paws/Str Packs don't automatically grant noobs skill. An f bow doesn't grant stomp range knowledge. A paw doesn't grant MS timing. The procs of the new generation weapons are often complained about, but they don't really affect more than 1/5 of fights. 4/5 of the time, the person who has more skill will win.

Another thing I have against further nerf of fbows/whatever/etc. is that by removing their usefulness to PvP, you're forcing low level PvP into using either:
    a) Platinum exclusive items - when the best items are achievable via in game currency, it becomes something known as Pay to win.
    b) Extremely expensive gold items- Fbows/paws cost around 3M, and are considered the best items at low level, and there's a decent enough supply to where pretty much anyone with the gold can find one. This is decently affordable. In comparison, the best items at the levels 10-30 (which is pretty much what an bow nerf would affect) would be narrowed down to Winter Fest SBLs (L15 Bear) and Toys (L15/25 Mage) which cost around 30M and allow people with insane amounts of gold to bottleneck the arena.

The further nerf of these items would also deal a devastating impact to the "balance" and variety that low level actually has. Low level is surprisingly balanced contrary to what many believe, there's just a stigma against it due to the immaturity of some members of the community (which is also silly, every level has immature people.) I'm just going to do a run down of what all would be pretty much eliminated from usefulness in low level PvP if these items are nerfed even more.
    Fbows/paws/str packs have granted incredible variety and viability almost all the different classes in low level twinking, for example, L17 Rhinos with fbows can beat many L15 bow bears, and absolute demolish mages. Without an f bow, rhinos would be pretty much eliminated from the equation.

However, I think the true value of your post comes in the Low Level as a Whole section. You hit the nail on the head right there. You don't need to nerf fbows to bring back a sense of fun. Change the culture. Do some FFA in Low Level, as it can get just as exciting as any FFA in high level. If anything, you could remove everything else in your post besides this, and your message would stay the same to me. Want to make low level more appealing? don't blame the fbows. Change the culture.
    Low level variety? Don't make me laugh imo. Everyone uses forgs, plat packs, and halloween crap. FFA was almost never happening in lower lvls not even before forgs. And pink 25 toys have 2 more damage 2 more hit then purp, Lol. You were obviously not here before in 26. Actually before forgs, SSC sets that used tank/nuke builds could easily beat toy, yes even lvl 25 toy. people would use the lvl 15 armors and diffrent wings shield and all. And we do need to nerf fbows, Lol. Don't blame the fbows not the culture? Lol. Once fbows came egos started rising as i said, and ffa games were never apparent even before forgs came out. And did you say nerfing these items would make it less balanced? Lol.

Fbows do grant skill to noobs, one can easily proc blind hit which is way overpowred down there and plat packs are plain op same with halloween poop. Oh and low level as a whole is not only lvl 15, sir.
    Last edited by Burstnuke; 02-24-2015 at 09:33 PM.