Thread: Migrating grand gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Migrating grand gems

With the recent crafting event, I did a lot of upgrading. I noticed that, quite often, a grand gem in the last slot of a mythic or legendary item would magically migrate to the first, and quickest slot to upgrade. What this means is that the normal gem I had in slot one which would've taken 8 hours to resocket, has been replaced by the grand gem I got on another slot. So the normal gem I want to resocket is now the slot that will, coincidentally, also take the longest to resocket, thus perhaps being more likely to make one want to use plat to speed the whole process up..

Has anyone else found this? Or am I being a bit too cynical

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Migrating grand gems

It doesn't matter stats etc don't change. The time for crafting doesn't change.. Its all good. Once you have crafted 2 gems on a legendary item it then takes 12hrs on either socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    With the recent crafting event, I did a lot of upgrading. I noticed that, quite often, a grand gem in the last slot of a mythic or legendary item would magically migrate to the first, and quickest slot to upgrade. What this means is that the normal gem I had in slot one which would've taken 8 hours to resocket, has been replaced by the grand gem I got on another slot. So the normal gem I want to resocket is now the slot that will, coincidentally, also take the longest to resocket, thus perhaps being more likely to make one want to use plat to speed the whole process up..

Has anyone else found this? Or am I being a bit too cynical
    This happened to my Para bulwark, and I was super pissed. Usually a common scam / trick I've seen be used is that people say to pay a tad bit more, due to the para being in the last gem slot, so then the buyer can just do whatever gems on the first slot. But then you buy, next thing you know, its on the 1st slot. Boom wasted your money XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwsome View Post
    It doesn't matter stats etc don't change. The time for crafting doesn't change.. Its all good. Once you have crafted 2 gems on a legendary item it then takes 12hrs on either socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stats obvs. don't change but I was sure the time to resocket depends on the slot used not how many gems are already there? I could be wrong though, and I'm not in game to check atm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    This happened to my Para bulwark, and I was super pissed. Usually a common scam / trick I've seen be used is that people say to pay a tad bit more, due to the para being in the last gem slot, so then the buyer can just do whatever gems on the first slot. But then you buy, next thing you know, its on the 1st slot. Boom wasted your money XD
    Yeah when it costs so much plat to instantly upgrade the difference between sockets is significant!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If there is already a gem and you want to replace it for another one then it is always 12hrs it doesn`t matter if is the first slot or third one

Officer at <Crime Sorciere>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arturohoward View Post
    If there is already a gem and you want to replace it for another one then it is always 12hrs it doesn`t matter if is the first slot or third one
    Ah ty I guess I was being too cynical