Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elondrian Rifle STILL Roots Through Stun Immunity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Carapace just informed me that this will be fixed on Thursday. Thanks Carapace, you're the man!

I just hope they do it in a way where immunity from root does not also cancel the armor debuff.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-21-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello Developers,

Despite multiple fixes, Elondrian Rifle still roots through stun immunity effects like: Juggernaut, Mage Shield, Razor Shield, & Nekro Shield. Casting the skills before or after root do NOT remove the root effects of this gun despite so called fixes to this proc.

On top of this, there is no immunity for this proc so players can stack a team of mages with these guns and keep the entire team rooted for ages making PvP very luck based on the proc.

Please fix this...it's be unresolved for months despite developers stating that it in fact has been resolved.
    MAGES GOT ROOT DOWN!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Happy for you Zeus since you are the top man in the forum (Tournament & Ladder Leader) ... you have your wish come true ... bye bye mage
    Last edited by will0; 04-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    Happy for you Zeus since you are the top man in the forum (Tournament & Ladder Leader) ... you have your wish come true ... bye bye mage
    I learned to give up with complaining about favoritism after they let people re-egg sns. It's really unfair I mean really unfair not cool at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought that root was not a stun as you can still use your skills and attack. So it shouldn't be classified as a stun in the stun immunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Nerf this buff that when will it end? Pretty soon we'll all be immune to everything rendering all procs and abilities useless. Let's just fight naked no pet bare hands. Probably be more fun at this point. I'm pretty sure root is not a stun or it would be called stun not root. I used a elo rifle for a long time and yes you can rely on the armor proc but the root is quite rare considering the consistency of other procs flying around in pvp. To my understanding a player can still spam skills under the effects of root. Stun is different entirely. Can't skill can't move. For eons mage class went w 0 stun immunity, no sooner do we get said immunity do ppl start noticing the effect our gear has now that we can actually play in pvp and get a few rounds off before we succumb to stacked sns pools, stuns and breeze freezes. If only my freeze could freeze like that -.-
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muddd View Post
    I thought that root was not a stun as you can still use your skills and attack. So it shouldn't be classified as a stun in the stun immunity.
    A while back, STG classified root as a stun/movement impairment. I think people are getting the 7 second stun immunity confused w/ the stun immunity spells. I am stating that the root overrides the stun immunity spells. I have no issues w/ the root overriding the 7 second stun immunity as all procs are programmed to override the 7 second stun immunity.

This is the only thing being acknowledged as a bug and the only thing being fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I think i misunderstood. If this is a glitch then it needs to be fixed. Looked more like a nerf at first.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

When a player gets hit with a fireball lets say, a player gets STUNED. Meaning they cannot move or attack.

When the proc of elon gun goes off you get ROOTED. Meaning you just cant move around but you can still use your skills.

So we are clear there is a difference.

Now what ive read and seems like being implemented without the rest of the community having a say (other then a couple people) is that a root attack be considered a stun and that stuff like shields ect should be overriding it ?

This some kind of sick late april fools joke?

If a rogue gets rooted lets say with nekro.. whilst rooted you can still activate the pets shield or still use razorshield to protect themselves ect.

All root does is stop an enemy moving around.

At the moment there is more balance in classes due to recent fixes like the immunity added to mages shield (this shouldn't be classed as a buff but fix instead).

All this commotion has come about because now people want to whin about clashes because their guild dosnt have same number of mages with guns.

So instead of fixing the guild recruitment or making new friends, a campaign to "fix" something that isnt broken is being made on forums and from zeus post earlier already being implemented. ...

Why is there an open forum if not for discussions.

Might as well make a form website to just post a request and if a mod or developer likes you enough then you get your request.

Gun if t gets outdated then it does. At least there is new gear to aspire to.

Just because a rogue dosnt carry a gun dont cripple everyone elses game for benifit of a few people who do nothing but clash in pvp and moan because they bow losing and dont know what else to do.

Absolute joke.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    When a player gets hit with a fireball lets say, a player gets STUNED. Meaning they cannot move or attack.

When the proc of elon gun goes off you get ROOTED. Meaning you just cant move around but you can still use your skills.

So we are clear there is a difference.

Now what ive read and seems like being implemented without the rest of the community having a say (other then a couple people) is that a root attack be considered a stun and that stuff like shields ect should be overriding it ?

This some kind of sick late april fools joke?

If a rogue gets rooted lets say with nekro.. whilst rooted you can still activate the pets shield or still use razorshield to protect themselves ect.

All root does is stop an enemy moving around.

At the moment there is more balance in classes due to recent fixes like the immunity added to mages shield (this shouldn't be classed as a buff but fix instead).

All this commotion has come about because now people want to whin about clashes because their guild dosnt have same number of mages with guns.

So instead of fixing the guild recruitment or making new friends, a campaign to "fix" something that isnt broken is being made on forums and from zeus post earlier already being implemented. ...

Why is there an open forum if not for discussions.

Might as well make a form website to just post a request and if a mod or developer likes you enough then you get your request.

Gun if t gets outdated then it does. At least there is new gear to aspire to.

Just because a rogue dosnt carry a gun dont cripple everyone elses game for benifit of a few people who do nothing but clash in pvp and moan because they bow losing and dont know what else to do.

Absolute joke.
    The thing is, this has already been "fixed" before but it was a failed attempt. This is just a correction at that attempt.

Roots are classified as movement impairing effects and things like Juggernaut, Razor Shield, or Nekro Shield are immune to movement impairing effects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The thing is, this has already been "fixed" before but it was a failed attempt. This is just a correction at that attempt.

Roots are classified as movement impairing effects and things like Juggernaut, Razor Shield, or Nekro Shield are immune to movement impairing effects.
    Roots isnt a skill tho its a proc.

Procs based on "luck".

Im happy for your razor shield/nekro shield make you immune from a SKILL I can use and works every time like my fireball before curse attack...

If I get a lucky PROC after spamming the guns fire button god knows how many times then why shouldn't you stop running around for a few secs. You still can use your SKILLS and still immune to them which ever shield you choose to use.

Whats being askef for is an immunity to procs, shields are there to protect you from skills.

Nothing really should have been fixed unless the proc rate was abnormal or it wasnt doing ehat it says on the tin.

No mentions of immunity to procs anywhere so id say last time the development team did work on this it was a success rather then a fail.

If it really is that tough in those clashes and you need a mage feel free to call ^.^
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Roots isnt a skill tho its a proc.

Procs based on "luck".

Im happy for your razor shield/nekro shield make you immune from a SKILL I can use and works every time like my fireball before curse attack...

If I get a lucky PROC after spamming the guns fire button god knows how many times then why shouldn't you stop running around for a few secs. You still can use your SKILLS and still immune to them which ever shield you choose to use.

Whats being askef for is an immunity to procs, shields are there to protect you from skills.

Nothing really should have been fixed unless the proc rate was abnormal or it wasnt doing ehat it says on the tin.

No mentions of immunity to procs anywhere so id say last time the development team did work on this it was a success rather then a fail.

If it really is that tough in those clashes and you need a mage feel free to call ^.^
    Stun immunity generated from skills is applicable to every single stun or movement impairment related proc, including maul. The only exception was gun and that was determined to be a glitch. It's been glitched from the start so why not just enjoy the time of having a glitched weapon and then be okay with it once it's fixed. The frost gun does not even allow for slow downs during stun immunity so that is a clear example that the gun was glitched.

It doesn't matter where the source of the movement impairment or stun is, the immunity generating skills protect you from all of them. The only thing that procs override is a 7 second stun immunity after being stunned. That, IMO, is more than fair.

Game mechanics clearly show this..

Anyways, what would happen when the gun is outdated? Players cannot look at glitches as a way of balance. Otherwise, what glitches should be judged to remain and what should not be?

If we want glitches to remain, then I would like my AS crit stacking for 10 seconds to return please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Stun immunity generated from skills is applicable to every single stun or movement impairment related proc, including maul. The only exception was gun and that was determined to be a glitch. It's been glitched from the start so why not just enjoy the time of having a glitched weapon and then be okay with it once it's fixed. The frost gun does not even allow for slow downs during stun immunity so that is a clear example that the gun was glitched.

It doesn't matter where the source of the movement impairment or stun is, the immunity generating skills protect you from all of them. The only thing that procs override is a 7 second stun immunity after being stunned. That, IMO, is more than fair.

Game mechanics clearly show this..

Anyways, what would happen when the gun is outdated? Players cannot look at glitches as a way of balance. Otherwise, what glitches should be judged to remain and what should not be?

If we want glitches to remain, then I would like my AS crit stacking for 10 seconds to return please.
    Gun has been fine since day one.

And all its doing is impairing your ability to move... not disable your ability to use skills so it does matter where it comes from really as I cannot on que strike a proc.

If gun spawns roots every other shot then yeh thats a glitch.

If my gun says I have a chance to spawn roots which immobilises the target and also reduces the targets armor.. then my gun is working fine.

Does what it says on the tin.

If you can accept something like a proc overrides stun immunity rules then your a hypricite sir to campaign agaisnt roots vs shields.

Roots override movement abilities which is less usefull then complete stun immunities your happy for override any rules on.

This is all about your opinion on fairness and I wont sit here and let your annoyance of mag mages stacked in clashes killing your op n expensive characters backside dictate my game play which I put money into.

You know I will agree with you on topics Z when it is just and right.

This right here is nonsense and I do pray message gets out in time to stop any unnecessary changes being made to a perfectly fine weapon.

And when gun gets outdated like it should id hope to get hold of the bext best thing which like im sure so many are eagerly waiting for ^.^...

I want new gears I can go after that would be great. Frost gun if it also came with a frost shield armor of somesort to match the elon guns armor buff then imo would have been great competition between the two.
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Gun has been fine since day one.

And all its doing is impairing your ability to move... not disable your ability to use skills so it does matter where it comes from really as I cannot on que strike a proc.

If gun spawns roots every other shot then yeh thats a glitch.

If my gun says I have a chance to spawn roots which immobilises the target and also reduces the targets armor.. then my gun is working fine.

Does what it says on the tin.

If you can accept something like a proc overrides stun immunity rules then your a hypricite sir to campaign agaisnt roots vs shields.

Roots override movement abilities which is less usefull then complete stun immunities your happy for override any rules on.

This is all about your opinion on fairness and I wont sit here and let your annoyance of mag mages stacked in clashes killing your op n expensive characters backside dictate my game play which I put money into.

You know I will agree with you on topics Z when it is just and right.

This right here is nonsense and I do pray message gets out in time to stop any unnecessary changes being made to a perfectly fine weapon.

And when gun gets outdated like it should id hope to get hold of the bext best thing which like im sure so many are eagerly waiting for ^.^...

I want new gears I can go after that would be great. Frost gun if it also came with a frost shield armor of somesort to match the elon guns armor buff then imo would have been great competition between the two.
    Procs never override stun immunity generated by spells/Nekro shield. Name me one weapon that does besides Elo gun. There is not even one...not even maul overrides it (a weapon infamous for overriding 7 second stun immunity which activates after being stunned).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Procs never override stun immunity generated by spells/Nekro shield. Name me one weapon that does besides Elo gun. There is not even one...not even maul overrides it (a weapon infamous for overriding 7 second stun immunity which activates after being stunned).
    And there isnt really any other pets like a sns or a nekro...

Point is that its unique which is also what makes epic ! No other gun like it for mage but one day will die out for something cooler just like top pets or gears.

But.lets not be attacking a weapons epicness an uniqueness, lets like you said earlier enjoy it whilst it lasts an until something new and better comes out... not tear it apart.

Sometimes I scream that the my gun is broken and never procs other times im blown away its like every shot bam.roots... this altho two extreme sides to the proc imo is a fun balance is not some glitch you wish to call it.

Im still saddend tbh to hear they will be changing it but I also dont want to keep in this debate as I am in to much of a loving/positive mood at the moment... just a lil heart broken changes being announced before getting a view across

Lets not kill uniqueness. As much as I might dispise say sns pools ability I can also appreciate its uniqueness and the efforts made by some to obtain such an incredible pet.

I try to keep my own basies out of matters that concern so many...

So you know im also sincere when I say if im on game or message me on line n im off work ill happyily join to have a giggle in a clash ^.^

But lets not however take that pvp rage out of the game and destroy a class with it using the forums as a blunt instrument.

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And there isnt really any other pets like a sns or a nekro...

Point is that its unique which is also what makes epic ! No other gun like it for mage but one day will die out for something cooler just like top pets or gears.

But.lets not be attacking a weapons epicness an uniqueness, lets like you said earlier enjoy it whilst it lasts an until something new and better comes out... not tear it apart.

Sometimes I scream that the my gun is broken and never procs other times im blown away its like every shot bam.roots... this altho two extreme sides to the proc imo is a fun balance is not some glitch you wish to call it.

Im still saddend tbh to hear they will be changing it but I also dont want to keep in this debate as I am in to much of a loving/positive mood at the moment... just a lil heart broken changes being announced before getting a view across

Lets not kill uniqueness. As much as I might dispise say sns pools ability I can also appreciate its uniqueness and the efforts made by some to obtain such an incredible pet.

I try to keep my own basies out of matters that concern so many...

So you know im also sincere when I say if im on game or message me on line n im off work ill happyily join to have a giggle in a clash ^.^

But lets not however take that pvp rage out of the game and destroy a class with it using the forums as a blunt instrument.

1 <3

Hey B,

I get your point. However, can the same be said about other weapons? When LifeThief daggers used to deal a ridiculous amount of damage for the proc & it was a glitch, it got fixed as well. Sure, the daggers were unique but that didn't mean that the extreme damage wasn't a glitch.

The same concept should be applied here. If there was a glitch with rogue bows, I'd be the first to make a thread about it. I just believe that true balance is clearer when glitches are removed so we can see what really needs to be balanced and what doesn't need to be.

My two cents & I certainly respect the fact and reasons you have for not fixing this glitch.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

"Paper weapons are ok, but rock weapons are annoying nerf it"

-Scissor user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    "Paper weapons are ok, but rock weapons are annoying nerf it"

-Scissor user
    Lol, I'm not asking for a nerf! I'm just asking for a proper fix on the last time developers tried to fix the glitched root. The armor debuff should still proc as usual but if I have a stun immunity spell up, why should I be rooted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Hey B,

I get your point. However, can the same be said about other weapons? When LifeThief daggers used to deal a ridiculous amount of damage for the proc & it was a glitch, it got fixed as well. Sure, the daggers were unique but that didn't mean that the extreme damage wasn't a glitch.

The same concept should be applied here. If there was a glitch with rogue bows, I'd be the first to make a thread about it. I just believe that true balance is clearer when glitches are removed so we can see what really needs to be balanced and what doesn't need to be.

My two cents & I certainly respect the fact and reasons you have for not fixing this glitch.
    Well if the roots are stacking I cant see that being legit as once your rooted should be at leaat immune from being rooted again which would be a fair balance.

However as you are aware bud my technical skills are not as extensive.

If root is stacking and unfortunately I cannot vouch for this as I don't play enough with other mages on same team who use elon, then I would happily agree that it is right and should be at least looked into sorting as yeh unfair to be stacked over n over and not be able to move at all.

However maybe a player having immunity to being rooted again whilst under the influence of roots is what needs looking at.

That even I would agree shouldnt happen but same time never been in a situation to notice if this is the case.

Roots however itself are fine just way it is (aside any stacking glitches)

Having a shield or not shouldnt matter tho, if rooted then should be caught for those brief few seconds.

An if there are mages or teams are having to use this kind of exploit to get a kill in over you then id def take it as a compliment as I know from personal experience you certainty domt die easy nor often ^.^
    Godfather of Arlor

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well if the roots are stacking I cant see that being legit as once your rooted should be at leaat immune from being rooted again which would be a fair balance.

However as you are aware bud my technical skills are not as extensive.

If root is stacking and unfortunately I cannot vouch for this as I don't play enough with other mages on same team who use elon, then I would happily agree that it is right and should be at least looked into sorting as yeh unfair to be stacked over n over and not be able to move at all.

However maybe a player having immunity to being rooted again whilst under the influence of roots is what needs looking at.

That even I would agree shouldnt happen but same time never been in a situation to notice if this is the case.

Roots however itself are fine just way it is (aside any stacking glitches)

Having a shield or not shouldnt matter tho, if rooted then should be caught for those brief few seconds.

An if there are mages or teams are having to use this kind of exploit to get a kill in over you then id def take it as a compliment as I know from personal experience you certainty domt die easy nor often ^.^

Your solution is not a bad one and wouldn't mind if this were implemented instead (preventing stacking of roots from multiple guns, just as stacking of multiple SNS).

However, they should design it in s way that the immunity of root does not interfere with armor debuff. 25% armor loss is quite significant.