Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime is being greedy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    Another thing, Elixirs shouldn't be bought with platinum... What a friggin' joke.
    list of things I think deserve to be bought in plat.

1. Expansion packs
    2. Unique weapons
    3. New races I would actually pay for that.

But everything else needs to come standard or changed to be bought with gold.
    You can buy elixer with gold to man, but I agree. PvP should have been a free update. PvP is something that should be in all MMOs, so why are we paying for it?
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah I forgot about respecs.... That just straight up sucks to pay for. But god I have litterly made myself look like a huge asshole that loves to complain in less than one hour.

yep. You big ole smelly butthole! To be a grammar nazi I think you meant figuratively, but that is going a tad far. There might even be repercussions

I think respecs are ok as they are. Since its something you can do without. eg, if you make a character with the wrong stats, no one is stopping you from deleting it and remaking it from scratch. So respecs are a convenience and should be paid for.

I do think there should be a respec sale everytime we have a patch update. Makes it fair tho, to people whoes builds get gimped. if they are still too whiney to pay up then well, go make a new char then.

I firmly believe if you add stats like the game intended (warrior str, archers dex, mages int) you will never have issues with respec-ing

Last edited by Splurd; 05-25-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

first, i posted it in another tread then i saw this one here, so sry for posting twice! hey, thx for the pvp mode but,10 platinum for a map its too much! 5 platinum will be a fair deal for this. and now we watch to the selfe buff potions......5000g for 5min buff? my warrior its the purest char i have he its using a lots of heal and mana pots, atm i have 20k gold on it and i need it to buy the normal potions to play at swamps.....the manaleeching monsters robe my mana like a flower who get 2 weeks no water! so for me its no option to buy this selfebuff potions.....my archer have more gold he need but he cant trade potions or gold to my warrior...sad but truth.i and dont tell me words like"then use ur archer for pvp or just buy gold with platinum.....i dont spend 25 platinum for 5k gold...never ever.thats all i want to say atm,greets a sad sad gunny alias meldius/fearbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To be honest personaly I have no problems with these charges I used to play FFXI and most others all have a monthly subscrition then on top of that to get extra storage you would buy mules to increase your storage my monthly bill was around £20 atm Ive probably spent about £24 buying all the map packs on 2 ipods plus spending loads of plat on various other things if we had a monthly subscription then yes a lot of these charges should be dropped. One argument I keep seeing is that you dont pay for new areas in other games I dont know about most but i know everytime a new expansion came out I had to pay £20 for a new disk this isnt a standard game they have to keep servers going etc im more worried that without a monthly subscription and reduced amount of new content the game will be unfeasable to operate for spacetime which I realy dont want to happen.
    ProudLEGENDSmember
    Bodhii Enchantress LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiia Archer LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiib Warrior LVL 35 Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all honesty, compared to the pricing structure of most other MMOs, PL is still not so bad. Even many of the "free" MMOs out there charge ridiculous sums in order to get upgrades and gear that are almost requisite to be able to feasibly compete. However, there are a few other factors coming into play that need to be considered with the PL pricing structure:

1. You are dealing with a different customer base than most MMOs. Most computer games run $50+... as a result, the bulk of computer gamers are willing to shell out a higher price for games they enjoy. On the iPhone, however, most paid apps run around $.99; even on the iPad it is pricier, but we are talking $5-$10 an app as compared to the $50+ per game most MMOs can target to. The result is that people are going to be much more reactionary when faced with rising costs. Is Pl expensive? When compared to computer games, not at all. But compared to competing apps on the same platform? Very much so. Of ourselves, it is also on a production level dramatically superior to any competing apps of the same genre.

2. Costs seem to be increasing, and people are discovering that they are being charged for features many would consider "standard." Stash, for example... I cannot think of any other MMO that does not have some sort of a bank feature. The bank feature on PL is largely ineffective unless you shell out a bunch more plat. That rubs people the wrong way. I am not real sure what the argument is against the PvP maps, though... except that you need to buy 2 maps to do what you should expect to do with one. Aside from that, I think PvE maps were also 10 plat, weren't they?

3. The previous two factors play off each other. If you have a group of people used to spending $.99 to $10 for an app and be done with it, and then they start shelling out more money than they are used to, and THEN discover that more money is required yet again to unlock features they think should be standard... the responses are going to be disproportionately large. I think that is just one of the challenges that this genre of game will face in developing a pricing structure for this market. Thus far, I think you have done largely a fantastic job pulling it off simply by convincing us of the value in it. My advice? Help us to understand why feature x or y is worth purchasing separately, and is so amazing that it should not be included as a standard feature. If we see and understand the value, we will be more willing to put out the plat.

***NOTE: Just a thought that may help to solve the whole "stash" controversy. The big feature of stash is that it is accessible across characters. 5 cross-character stash slots is more than enough, if we have other ways of maintaining items on the characters themselves. My suggestion would be to create a bank feature that holds items for the character only, while maintaining a separate cross-character 5 slot stash. If each character can only hold 50 items on their person, then perhaps the bank feature (accessed by NPC in town) could hold 150 slots. This way, after a lengthy dungeon run, the character can stash the items they want to keep for themselves or for trade, and th esteems they will use can stay on their own person. anything else can be liquidated. Now, we have a way to stash items, and if we need more space for character transfers, well... I can certainly see the value for purchasing that feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Folks, this is good feedback. We're just figuring out how to provide services and products. We're not trying to being greedy, we're trying to develop and run a business. If something is out of whack then please let us know. Like ya just did

I don't agree that infinite inventory space should be free, but there should be a fair price in there somewhere. Keep providing us feedback, and we'll keep tweaking things.
    FIRST: I agree with Bodhi (ABOVE) - happy to choose exactly what I want to buy and how much - is very fair. And best system on the app store imo FREMIUM allows you to sample and increment up at will.
    SECOND: Investing in this game is cheaper than comparative games MMO's and helps keep the pace of updates flowing thick and fast!
    THIRD: I like investing in a GOOD game and seeing it grow and therefore all the previous time and attention put in, being being rewarded/challenged/changed and improved from feedback of ideas from the community that the devs spring to implementing.

Personally think Obliteration OP raises an excellent question to discuss but is imo a) far too demanding b) unrealistic (business model) c) Pricing model for running live games needs long-term commitment/investment from players to make the whole thing take off on another level of gameplay/service.

A previous poster did some interesting maths on the Plat, so will post more on this later.

For me: Very happy with the price of expansions, PvP updates are a STEAL, patches are value for money too. The pay/features could be discussed more (eg paying for Elixirs is fine, equipment slots could be looked at??)
    Last edited by ratava; 05-25-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: clarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why pay for extra "stash" now when the "bank" feature will be coming out soon. Will the bank feature be the same as stash? I don't recall ever being told we would have to pay for the PVP.
    Last edited by Invictus; 05-25-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Invictuss : level 35 Enchantress
    Dmode : level 5 Warrior
    Habsown : level 1 Archer
    GO HABS GO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Guys, this an iPhone app though, not a $50 game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I cant see much difference apart from what devices its played on ffxi had about as much content when released the main differece is as u say they are not charging us $50 I play PL about the same amount of time
    ProudLEGENDSmember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I cant see much difference apart from what devices its played on ffxi had about as much content when released the main differece is as u say they are not charging us $50 I play PL about the same amount of time
    comparing pocket legends to a traditional MMO is silly. a traditional MMO will have a higher subscription fee due to the vast amount of content it has compared to pocket legends. im starting to doubt this game and its pricing scheme, i was perfectly happy paying for expansions, it isnt much money after all, but all these extras i need to pay that should have been in the first place is starting to bug me. its like spacetime have released a half completed game and making us pay until it reaches 100%. i have full support for spacetime studios and this game but things like paying for pvp maps? how many maps do they intend to release, because in the long run, if i purchase all the upgrades and map packs, its going to add up.
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ffxi is and was a traditional mmo it had no more content than this when it started just because the screen is smaller means nothing you hav to remember this is still a baby this game is never going to be free the only question is would u prefere to pay for content when its added which is cheaper or pay £15-£20 a month every month to play remember with a subscription if you dont pay you cant play with this ppl can still play until they can get the content just not access them areas.
    ProudLEGENDSmember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think what's important to bear in mind is that potentially the cost for this game is unlimited. Of course, not really unlimited, but eventually, players are going to stop playing and disappear when they realize they have already put $50, $60 or $70 into the game. Anything above $40, even the ability to play ongoing expansions seems crazy for a pocket game on a tiny screen. Given the allegiance already shown by those who have purchased significant platinum, enough to equate to a complete purchase of most games, should seriously be given some kind of permanent *residence*.

I can readily see that the number of players has been dropping over the last couple of weeks. Everyone sees it. Spacetime, you're definitely not going to see those numbers INCREASE by having us pay more. It's time to consider a small monthly fee all-access pass with semi and annual options. What would I pay? Given the amount of platinum I've already sprung for, $0.99 per month, $4.99 for six months and $9.99 for a year. All access means all access PLUS probably free platinum along the way. A bank with a savings account for gold would be really, really cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sayishere View Post
    its like spacetime have released a half completed game and making us pay until it reaches 100%. i have full support for spacetime studios and this game but things like paying for pvp maps? how many maps do they intend to release, because in the long run, if i purchase all the upgrades and map packs, its going to add up.
    - Released the BEST MMO on iPhone I have seen and the pace of updates/support beats the cojones out of MMO's on the PC I've epxerienced!

- Paying $3-4 / 30 Plat for PvP is a STEAL ! The PvE is already hours of fun for free and the PvP could be weeks/months of fun for above price if it workd esp. if playing against/with friends and with future maps and improvements too. C'mon!

- Sure it's "going to add up (in dinero)" - but context eg I pay a few dimes every week or so on the app store/iTunes - (1)that entertainment already saves me spending elsewhere because it feeds & fills-up the spending bug, (2) PL investment is $
    cheaper than a pay-for PvE and PvP on the PC with subscription as Bodhi says:
    if you dont pay you cant play with this ppl can still play until they can get the content just not access them areas.
    (3) Pay and play at your pace and for things you really want is much fairer on the customer eg I've paid for Expansions (got the discount) x4 and enough for the PvP with purchase of x2 30 Plat. BARGAIN!! Likely to be top quality entertaimnent and keep me sorted on all the above for next few months on top of the World Cup ; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratava View Post
    - Released the BEST MMO on iPhone I have seen and the pace of updates/support beats the cojones out of MMO's on the PC I've epxerienced!

- Paying $3-4 / 30 Plat for PvP is a STEAL ! The PvE is already hours of fun for free and the PvP could be weeks/months of fun for above price if it workd esp. if playing against/with friends and with future maps and improvements too. C'mon!

- Sure it's "going to add up (in dinero)" - but context eg I pay a few dimes every week or so on the app store/iTunes - (1)that entertainment already saves me spending elsewhere because it feeds & fills-up the spending bug, (2) PL investment is $
    cheaper than a pay-for PvE and PvP on the PC with subscription as Bodhi says: (3) Pay and play at your pace and for things you really want is much fairer on the customer eg I've paid for Expansions (got the discount) x4 and enough for the PvP with purchase of x2 30 Plat. BARGAIN!! Likely to be top quality entertaimnent and keep me sorted on all the above for next few months on top of the World Cup ; )
    the best mmo on the phone because theres hardly any for a start, especially 3D ones. the reason they update and support us is due to the community. The community is quite small compared to a PC MMO, so its firstly easier for them to monitor messages and secondly they want the game to succeed. This game is incomplete and basically still in beta, they obviously want to improve their game, so they will update on a regular basis. The pvp is a steal, well yea true i agree with you, this is why i still play PL because i have no time to be playing a PC mmo so this is perfect for me. That being said, if i played this game as much as some others do, i would definately pay more for a better pvp experience because comparing it to my past pvp experiences, this game doesnt compete whatsoever (right now). You call the PVE fun, but theres no variety right now at all, theres no incentive to go back to older map packs (that we payed for) and its just endless farming. If you find that fun then fair enough. I know they are implementing new things, thats great dont get me wrong, but we are paying for a half done game, thats all im saying. That being said i will end up still paying for this game for now just because i like the aspect of playing it when im free and i enjoy it.

Again im trying not to flame spacetime, its just my thoughts
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I thought it was crazy to have to pay for a 3 PvP & 5 PvP seperate!!
    Come on that just getting greedy.

The game is already hurting for players, I have seen it over 400 in at least a week.

Steve
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In my oppinion Spacetime is shooting itself in the foot. When I started all you had to but was maps. New people complain about having to pay past 13, that's there fault for being tight wads. Now new players are gonna pick this game up get to 13 and realize they are gonna have to pay to get to 35, no big deal. Then they are gonna realize they have to pay a whole lot more to have a normal experience. This is gonna kill your game guys.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You have been pretty clear about your opinion Obliteration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I kinda regret paying for the PvP maps. It's just not very fun. Shoulda saved the cash for Alien Oasis. But it'll get better soon, right?
    Last edited by Banned; 05-25-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay I'm just stating my oppinion here, yes i do realize you all do this for a living. However 120p for 75 stash slots - any amount of plat for stash is BS stash should come free. And charging for more Inventory space, BS.

Okay I'm fine with having to pay for maps but this is getting extreme... It's quite frustrating pretty soon were gonna have to pay for almost everything... Stop all this and make thing like this standard. Just charge a little more for the expansions I don't care.

Just stating my oppinion more **** is popping up with the platinum store...
    Let the flame begin.
    i completely agree here, 120p for more stash is stupid.

paying for content, maps, pvp maps etc is fine. but lowering the amount you can carry, then charging an arm and a leg for storage is unreasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly i got all excited about the stash when i first heard of it, then I see we only get 5 by default and we have to buy more room in the stash. I'm fine with paying for new dungons and new playable classes, but when I saw that our stash was only 5 slots, and that we couldnt stash gold, I felt as if a horse had kicked me in the teeth. I really enjoy the game and the community, but paying a total of 20 plat for both 3v3 and 5v5 pvp was another kick in the face. I dont like to complain, but those exlixers are a MAJOR ripoff, especially with the new selling price for garbage loot...At least 3v3 pvp is freaking sweet, on the other hand, I CAN'T stand how we cant cast Evade while moving, we might as well have a neon bullseye attached to our chests.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)