Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Gem Disparity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Does it stop it? No, it doesn't solve the issue. It just teaches us to stockpile paras to last 2-3 expansions by the time Halloween comes. So, no...you cannot stop goals of players. We all look for different things in game. Personally, I chase stats. The reason is, that way I know if there's a mistake happening w/ my gameplay, I cannot blame it on my stats but must find the true reason.

Anyways, I've said my input and cannot keep repeating myself. It's now up to developers to read the content of this thread and make a decision.
    Yep this is exactly why I have 14 characters waiting for the Halloween event. But I realize I have to wait till then for para gems. Releasing them before then doesn't make much sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Wow... So many rants on here about the rich... Don't think that's the point of this thread but to solve that problem...

Dear sts... Please nerf Zeus...

Hehe... Just kidding :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    I agree with you Ark. This is a pointless thread. Those gems should never come back period. If you happened to save those gems, more powered to you.

As this game progress, and lvl gets higher, everyone will have a fair chance at similar stats and gears (with future gears/items), except for a very select few who save their gems. But, eventually those gems will be depleted.

Like you said, people, who like to show off or the filthy rich wants them back so they can bragged about how OP their characters are.

If these gems (or something comparable) don't return to game at some point... then anybody wanting to create a new twink will have no chance of competing with players that were around for event last year.

Also I don't think there's anything at all wrong with people wanting to make their toon as strong and competitive as possible... That's kinda the whole point to RPG games.

I have no problem if gems (and discontinued pets, hehe) come around annually during events or in whatever way sts decides to re-release them!

I think the whole point of this thread is just to find out and voice this issue... that we don't want top gems being unavailable forever!

... since we haven't gotten any word from sts concerning if these gems will be back at all (either during events or in some other way) ... or if something comparable will be taking its place.... I think that's the real question here
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I can't see clearly if the creator of this thread is trying to brag about his op stats, gold, and dollar bills, or trying to get flamed on, on purpose.
    All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor. Then, it will just be who has best gears and a nekro, which will still be the very rich players. If only this can be fixed... Maybe add actual QUESTS to achieve a weapon and/or pet that will be on par or close to( not 690 damage below) the best gears next expansion. However these would be untradable and unstashable, and can be only done one time. So if you sell your item and remap, sucks to be you. This would give f2p players a chance to see what PvP is like, and get invites for endgame elites. Plat is supposed to be a way for people to get ahead of others, not tower over them and force choke them to death or anything. I do hope sts actually tests the new expansion(lol, when did they ever test anything!) Before releasing it. This way plat players keep shelling out their money and f2p players can play this game for once.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

The gems should come back at their events only!

If paras never come back, then we want probably better twink items than DWS, SS, LURID, UMBRAL, TARKOK AMU, VORPAL, WINTERSTAR, POWER RING etc.
    There are lots of people who had them with para then they thought to take a break from pvp and sold the items. Then if para gems are announced to never come back, those items will get super costlier and out of reach.
    Endgamers will move on but twink pvp will be kind of destroyed.
    i know some new players and good farmers who are eagerly waiting for Halloween events to hand on their para!

The more supply of para, eye gems, the gaps between stats will be lessen in long run!

I would like to see increasing of first para damage which don't stack and lower damage bonus of para which stacks.
    like currently para gem gives what 7 damage? Its 5 (non stackable)+2 (stackable) damage.
    it can be 6 (non stackable) + 1 (stackable)??
    Or probably 6.5+ .5??
    that way people would hand on para but won't stack it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    Current upgraded mythic set is untradable, so logically, the next set should be as well.

If you have plans on selling anything it should be the various components that are part of the crafting of the new Legenday and Mythic sets. Hell, they could even make it so that the Legendary set is tradeable just like the current dark crystal and imbued sets, since those will be needed as a base for the new mythic sets anyhow (just like the base models of the Uller, Himingleva, and Villi are needed before you upgrade to the 36 set, which are also tradeable).

But lets leave the perfected new mythic set as a bound and untradeable.
    the previous mythic pendant was tradeable so logically the new planar pendant should also been tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

There's a reason those gems weren't tradeable parth, and it's because of stat junkies like you who feel the need to have unchaseable stats.
    zeus is not a stat junkie....he does what is possible for him to do...if you had 200mil will you wear druid and roam arlor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    If these gems (or something comparable) don't return to game at some point... then anybody wanting to create a new twink will have no chance of competing with players that were around for event last year
    This isn't true. If better gear comes out like in previous events for twinks then the players with new gear have advantage over players with old gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Para should come in event. There's already a recipe for Eye.

And for you Zeus, I think you're the only one who play this game mainly for stats.
    Is this a show-off thread or like a warning thread to others that you will be the most para-gemmed player? Seriously, if you've already thought about this then why would you buy those paras? If you do care the non-plats then why did you state you've stocked 10 paras? It's just so ridiculous. There is no way out. You aren't new here, if you can't accept our feedbacks, you can simply PM one of those devs, they respond you fast and I know it because you are a massive plat user. Like how you get the Zeus IGN, I thought you were Apollo.

Back to the thread, I already suggested my own idea early. I think that adding new gems is the best option for STS. Don't ruin the past, because we can't. (Don't mind the last sentence.)
    why are you blaming zeus that he has 10 paras reserved for him...he didnot buy paras with platinum...even he got only one para in the event...the sellers sold him para thats y he bought it because he has the capability to buy it...if zeus gave you 6mil for a para will you not sell it? then later complain that you dont have any para

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Yep this is exactly why I have 14 characters waiting for the Halloween event. But I realize I have to wait till then for para gems. Releasing them before then doesn't make much sense.
    see you habe 14 character waiting means you want to get 14 paragems....after you sell you paragems dont complain that you dont have a paragem and the rich had paragems stacked in items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor.
    I disagree. There may be some players who want to paragem (which they obtained running event last event) their gears until they can afford a good gear. So not letting para/eyegems in lvl42+ equips is a bad idea. What they do with that gem then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I can't see clearly if the creator of this thread is trying to brag about his op stats, gold, and dollar bills, or trying to get flamed on, on purpose.
    All jokes aside, I agree with what Ravagerx has stated. Not letting para/eye gems in lv42+ equips will definitely close part of the gap between the rich and poor. Then, it will just be who has best gears and a nekro, which will still be the very rich players. If only this can be fixed... Maybe add actual QUESTS to achieve a weapon and/or pet that will be on par or close to( not 690 damage below) the best gears next expansion. However these would be untradable and unstashable, and can be only done one time. So if you sell your item and remap, sucks to be you. This would give f2p players a chance to see what PvP is like, and get invites for endgame elites. Plat is supposed to be a way for people to get ahead of others, not tower over them and force choke them to death or anything. I do hope sts actually tests the new expansion(lol, when did they ever test anything!) Before releasing it. This way plat players keep shelling out their money and f2p players can play this game for once.
    zeus didnot brag about his stats...he only described about all the gems in the game and how other gems are useless except para, eye, reinforced blood....it is the others who came up with ideas like ungemming para gems and he just agreed with it because everyone will want it to happen...but if we see the ungemming thing not throught personal point of view but how it will effect the community n gear gap then it is a bad idea

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    The point should never be to give to poor and take away from rich. The point should be to give to everyone.
    This is a little offtopic now but:

You can adept that to the real world! The rich (FED in 1. position in US, EZB in europe) dont want to give anything (they take away every day!!!) away and children around the world starve to death!

I know this comparison is a little bit strange...

Do you really think arcane legends is fun when only the 1% of rich players are there and all others left? It wont be fun when you enter a room and have to wait 30 minutes for someone else to join... after several fights its obvious that both have same gear, nearly same skill and who wins is just based on luck...

Dont get me wrong, this no offense at all - just something to think about.

regards, Rob

ps: live and let live!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 05-01-2015 at 12:57 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

this thread have two debates :
    1. Paragems -

1.1> Ungemming - It is overall a bad idea. Some may agree to it because they might have some para gem in their lv41 gear and will want to add it to their lv46 gear. But there are also some players who wants to make money. So they will sell it and only the players with most money can buy it. It will not make the OP players more OP but now if 20% of the players have paras then only 5% will have it. Today is May.Six months left till halloween. Expansion is also not getting released so soon so there is still time.Many say "what about the new players?How will they get paragems.?" But even if paras are made tradeable n ungem possible new players cannot buy it. And also of the set of the strong players will already be para'd only need for armour.

1.2> Paragemming lv46 stuff - Many people complain about that it shouldnot happen. But why blame the people who can buy it. Because they are doing what they can do. Also blame the sellers for selling para gems. Everyplayer can farm only one para gem per char. Everyone can stack paragems if they wanted. If zeus farmed his paragems then he earned and no one should blame him for stacking para gems and if he bought it no one should blame him because sellers sold him. Even a gobling event is coming who knows sts might introduce a new gem too.

*I just had a thought that all gems should have a bonus on the first gem not only para and eye

2. Mythic armour -

2.1> Untradeable mythic - Many say new mythic should be untradeable. And that the components to craft should be tradeable n farmable. I think both mythic and their components should be farmable and should drop from different parts of the map not only one map. Just saying if it only drops from planar all players will grind planar and the prices of planar chest, planar items will drop too. But if it is spread then there will be less players in each man so less other items in market n the prices will be balanced for small items too. Most people want mythic set to be untradeable because rich players will buy it for 40mil and there will be gear gap. But suppose i get a mythic set then someone can buy from me if i wish to sell it he/she cannot take it from me. And as for the price it is us who can decide the price. Even if the first 10 sets get sold for 50mil if they are not that OP their prices will automatically get reduce. And since there is so much talk about class balance and gear gap I have a personal feeling that the new mythic and legendary will not be that much different in stats. So the prices may not be high

This is what i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    This is a little offtopic now but:

You can adept that to the real world! The rich (FED in 1. position in US, EZB in europe) dont want to give anything (they take away every day!!!) away and children around the world starve to death!

I know this comparison is a little bit strange...

Do you really think arcane legends is fun when only the 1% of rich players are there and all others left? It wont be fun when you enter a room and have to wait 30 minutes for someone else to join... after several fights its obvious that both have same gear, nearly same skill and who wins is just based on luck...

Dont get me wrong, this no offense at all - just something to think about.

regards, Rob

ps: live and let live!
    I wouldn't know. I chose the level at which I want to compete at by laying out a lot of money. I have many friends in game and on this thread. It's likely I don't farm as much as the elite pve guilds but I've still logged ~1200+ arena runs and who knows how many tombs runs so I wouldn't say I'm a lazy plat spender either. Many people will attest to that. Everyone that's under geared thinks the reason they can't compete is gear. To some extent that is true. I don't consider myself in the top 1 % (I borrow gold and have less than 4m currently). If I am considered that by other people, they will certainly see or hear if they ask that I give a lot to many people for nothing. I paid money in this game not to compete with lesser geared players but to compete with the most geared people in the game. I believe in fairness and equality. I hope that everyone else does as well.

If someone thinks that they should have what I have and run less and spend less, that's not equality. I believe in equal opportunity. Not that everyone should have the same but that everyone has the same avenues to obtain the same. We are in the same guild. Watch my vids as proof that even though I spent crazy money and farmed crazy hours for my stuff, I still gear down against rings and nekros.

I don't attribute my losses or victories to luck. Especially when score margins are in the 50-200 kill difference range. If one would argue it's based on gear, watch my vids.

I don't need to spend money on ankhs and elixirs. I do better than break even farming, even just arena. I may or may not need an ankh for a full arena run. Same goes for tombs. There's not a chance they could get my money at this point unless there was some advantage.

The good thing about luck systems is that it functions as a lottery. I think the rng should be adjusted but it's important. Recipes are still 6-8m right now. If it were obtainable after 1000 runs, I'd imagine if would be 2-3m instead.

Sorry for the derailment of this thread. This is my second rant. I will stop now. if a mod thinks this inappropriate, pls remove it.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I Prefered it when the only gems available were tarlok gems and normal fire/glacial/blood gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    see you habe 14 character waiting means you want to get 14 paragems....after you sell you paragems dont complain that you dont have a paragem and the rich had paragems stacked in items
    Lol I won't be selling mine unless they are made tradeable. Those 14 are for my equip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I wouldn't know. I chose the level at which I want to compete at by laying out a lot of money. I have many friends in game and on this thread. It's likely I don't farm as much as the elite pve guilds but I've still logged ~1200+ arena runs and who knows how many tombs runs so I wouldn't say I'm a lazy plat spender either. Many people will attest to that. Everyone that's under geared thinks the reason they can't compete is gear. To some extent that is true. I don't consider myself in the top 1 % (I borrow gold and have less than 4m currently). If I am considered that by other people, they will certainly see or hear if they ask that I give a lot to many people for nothing. I paid money in this game not to compete with lesser geared players but to compete with the most geared people in the game. I believe in fairness and equality. I hope that everyone else does as well.

If someone thinks that they should have what I have and run less and spend less, that's not equality. I believe in equal opportunity. Not that everyone should have the same but that everyone has the same avenues to obtain the same. We are in the same guild. Watch my vids as proof that even though I spent crazy money and farmed crazy hours for my stuff, I still gear down against rings and nekros.

I don't attribute my losses or victories to luck. Especially when score margins are in the 50-200 kill difference range. If one would argue it's based on gear, watch my vids.

I don't need to spend money on ankhs and elixirs. I do better than break even farming, even just arena. I may or may not need an ankh for a full arena run. Same goes for tombs. There's not a chance they could get my money at this point unless there was some advantage.

The good thing about luck systems is that it functions as a lottery. I think the rng should be adjusted but it's important. Recipes are still 6-8m right now. If it were obtainable after 1000 runs, I'd imagine if would be 2-3m instead.

Sorry for the derailment of this thread. This is my second rant. I will stop now. if a mod thinks this inappropriate, pls remove it.
    So basically you're trying to say that if people don't buy plat, then they shouldn't even have a chance to compare with higher geared players? Its an mmo ffs.. Everyones supposed to have a chance to compete. So much goes for your fairness and equality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why need to change the gem circulation, just wait for the next events when they come back. There is no need to over complicate the situation. The current circulation makes an ideal market for such items and it would be wrong to re introduce them which causes the current items to plummet.

Ingame name: Invasions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    Why need to change the gem circulation, just wait for the next events when they come back. There is no need to over complicate the situation. The current circulation makes an ideal market for such items and it would be wrong to re introduce them which causes the current items to plummet.

Problem is most of these 'new' gems such as para gems and eye gems make an unbalance in pvp and making an item such as para gem untradable makes it even worse and bridges a bigger gap in stats between players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

When the events come back, so will the above mentioned OP gems. Everybody that missed the bus, can acquire them then. I think I dont have enough and I am waiting too.

OP's point is that these gems are no longer available to all and that is unfair. I am totally in for an early Para+ Eye lootable gem event where everybody can loot the gem again.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 05-01-2015 at 08:46 AM.