Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New type of Locked Crate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default New type of Locked Crate

Hello, Locked crates are really cheap now, barely worth even farming. And 90% of the player base depended on them for gold. So I was thinking next expansion, make a new locked crate. Maybe call it 'Locked Grand Crate of Ren'gol' and make it only drop from the new expansion maps, elite and normal. This crate is just like a normal crate, and requires 15 plat to open. However it drops exclusive new expansion items such as eggs or gear or vanities. IMO this will give new players who still don't have good gear/ankhs something to farm for and give them a way to earn gold. Then once they can afford ankhs they can move on to elites and hardcore farming.

Thoughts? Just my opinion, but I don't really see a flaw to this idea, but if you do please say so.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default New type of Locked Crate

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Hello, Locked crates are really cheap now, barely worth even farming. And 90% of the player base depended on them for gold. So I was thinking next expansion, make a new locked crate. Maybe call it 'Locked Grand Crate of Ren'gol' and make it only drop from the new expansion maps, elite and normal. This crate is just like a normal crate, and requires 15 plat to open. However it drops exclusive new expansion items such as eggs or gear or vanities. IMO this will give new players who still don't have good gear/ankhs something to farm for and give them a way to earn gold. Then once they can afford ankhs they can move on to elites and hardcore farming.

Thoughts? Just my opinion, but I don't really see a flaw to this idea, but if you do please say so.
    next season the loot table of the lockeds needs to be revised anyway. also, that s why we have event crates, to use up all overfarmed (botted) lockeds and limit the influx of new items. don t worry, stg knows this needs to be adressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    next season the loot table of the lockeds needs to be revised anyway. also, that s why we have event crates, to use up all overfarmed (botted) lockeds and limit the influx of new items. don t worry, stg knows this needs to be adressed.
    Yea I feel time for the locked population to go down.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post

nice idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think "better" lockeds might destroy the normal lockeds market. What might help the current state of things in my opinion are crate events where you have to use normal crates to craft event ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Or could be a point system to open them so 25 runs = 25 points you can open then grand locked crate of ren'gol so people who farm hard but don't always loot anything still have something to run for rather than hoping to loot something in the run.

Each lock needs 25 points so a point each run or something to that effect

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Make it craftable with essence drop from mobs or something and make it so locks are required to craft like event locks so normal locks won't be worst. If you make it so it can only be farmable from maps in new expansion then it'll just be like an elite create that requires plat to open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Make it unlockable with gold!
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    I think "better" lockeds might destroy the normal lockeds market. What might help the current state of things in my opinion are crate events where you have to use normal crates to craft event ones.
    And its not already destroyed with all the bots? Lmao

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

A key to open lock crate will be nice solution,can be obtain by crafting or drop from elite boss and also from key kit with plat purchase. So grand lock crate can be removed from elite loot table and replace by key or crafting ingridient to make a key.

Plat players have more option for spending their plat and free players have a chance to try their luck with lock crate with this key. If I saw from what they already did on elixir and revive system,think this "key" is not imposible to be apply in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    A key to open lock crate will be nice solution,can be obtain by crafting or drop from elite boss and also from key kit with plat purchase. So grand lock crate can be removed from elite loot table and replace by key or crafting ingridient to make a key.

Plat players have more option for spending their plat and free players have a chance to try their luck with lock crate with this key. If I saw from what they already did on elixir and revive system,think this "key" is not imposible to be apply in game.
    As long as its available through hard work and no insane luck like recipe or fossil, +9999999999999999 to this post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Maybe those new expansion crates can have a chance to drop a key to unlock normal locked crates as well. That would help everyone
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Maybe those new expansion crates can have a chance to drop a key to unlock normal locked crates as well. That would help everyone
    Agree with that would be really helpfull.. But if that key came from crate/chest that's mean we'll need double luck to loot this key,first we need luck to loot that crate/chest then we also need luck if we wanna loot this key from crate/chest. Acctually triple luck,coz after we've got this key we wanna loot good thing from lock crate.

We already know how luck work in AL ... some ppl said luck is like unicorn,some call luck is just myth and just few ppl call that luck thing is really exist. I don't mind with luck system involved in game that help some item stay long enough at their best price and controling amount of item exist in game,but if need too much luck that would be anoying . How about 50% hard work and 50% luck that would awesome.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I love some of these ideas +1 to all the constructive post. I hope STS looks into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

When the expansion comes all the gear currently in locked will be discontinued and replaced with the new gear from expansion. This happens with every new cap. When this happens regular locked will go up again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Maybe let's just craft Ren'Gol locks using 3+ locks for one?

-Productive

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrisber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrisber View Post

-Productive
    Its expansion not event. I doubt it would work like that. The idea of crates that f2p players can open seems nice though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrisber View Post

-Productive
    I dont why i didnt think of that lmao, nice idea recipe drops from elite expansion maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    When the expansion comes all the gear currently in locked will be discontinued and replaced with the new gear from expansion. This happens with every new cap. When this happens regular locked will go up again.
    Im positive they wont go above 5k unless some new arcanes/mythics release, then a few days later back to 3k
    Last edited by Titanfall; 05-06-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'd like to add a modification to your idea...

Instead of having this new type of locked crate drop from the new expansion maps, have a legendary crafting component that drops from bosses in the new maps (both elite and non-elite). Then when you combine this crafting component with 3 locked crates (the old type), you can craft a new locked crate which will contain new items.

That being said, from everything I have read over the past few months, it seems that after 2 years of complaints about locked crates being unfair and pay to win, STS seems to be phasing them out and instead making events and energy for events their new revenue focus along with pet egg crates and mythic pet eggs.