Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Platinum prices increased over 10% in Canada

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    I cant even buy any plat on mine so can't check if they have increased the price on UK pounds

sent from fritters beak
    Its either of the two:
    1. You had your "Background Data Restrict" on.
    2. Or your googleplay is outdated.

Fixes:
    1. Turn you Background Data restiction off.
    2. Update you googleplay to the latest version.

On the topic. In the Philippines, the price for the 10 Platinum is sooooo ridiculously high that you can already buy your entire Breakfast-lunch-dinner-and-snack for the same price with a meager 10 plats. Its one of the things why I opt to be a non-plat.

#riffOff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Whut!! O.o

I'm in the UK and my plat prices have never once ever shown up in £ on any of the devices I've used to play (tablet, phone, pc). Maybe it's something in my google settings?

That aside the pricing hasn't changed for me since Jan 2013.

Odd!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Whut!! O.o

I'm in the UK and my plat prices have never once ever shown up in £ on any of the devices I've used to play (tablet, phone, pc). Maybe it's something in my google settings?

That aside the pricing hasn't changed for me since Jan 2013.

Odd!
    It doesn't show that its in £ with me until i go and pay for it from my Google wallet

sent from fritters beak
    Last edited by Kyle Holmes; 05-05-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

My prices are showing up higher on the actual game interface.

If it was apple and google both suddenly adding a tariff for currency exchange rates, one would think it would have always been that way, or one would do it but not the other. Both at the same time seems weird. One would also assume that if exchange rates were being applied, that would happen after purchase like the taxes, not in the Arcane Legends menu. But maybe the AL interface is tied to the payment vendors.

I'll take G's word for it though. I don't know enough about how payment vendors work. It just all seems strange, which is why I made the thread.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

This is the first game I've ever played where they add more price if your in a different country, like wtf is that about, it pickles my head. Every game I've played has had the exact exchange rate for every country. The thing is, they would prob have a lot more people buying plat if it was a bit cheaper, which would prob be more money in the long run.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    This is the first game I've ever played where they add more price if your in a different country, like wtf is that about, it pickles my head. Every game I've played has had the exact exchange rate for every country. The thing is, they would prob have a lot more people buying plat if it was a bit cheaper, which would prob be more money in the long run.

sent from fritters beak
    The highest plat pack came to $100 after Canadian taxes were added. Now it would be closer to $115. While that may not be a lot to some people, there is a line that most of us must draw when it comes to budgeting. When the prices go over $100 for something, that crosses the line of acceptable expense for a lot of people.

Also, the Euro is worth MORE than the US dollar, so why were their prices raised also?
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-06-2015 at 01:57 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I just want to add that it is not just apple. The price went up in the Google playstore. At least for Euro that is. Very curious indeed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The highest plat pack came to $100 after Canadian taxes were added. Now it would be closer to $115. While that may not be a lot to some people, there is a line that most of us must draw when it comes to budgeting. When the prices go over $100 for something, that crosses the line of acceptable expense for a lot of people.

Also, the Euro is worth MORE than the US dollar, so why were their prices raised also?
    I can't justify paying that much, in England the jobs are so unstable these days its unreal. Having to do agency work and never knowing if I'll be in work the month after. And deffo not for something that goes within a couple of days popping locked

sent from fritters beak

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Holmes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Easy there. We have nothing to do with the price increases in various territories. That is all Apple, and how they deal with global price currency fluctuations. No conspiracy, we love Canadians too (at least when they are not cursing at us).
    So we blame you stg and you blame Apple, very convenient for us customers! Now without irony I'd like to know why this happened now and why it didn't happen before, one thing I can't understand is why is this related to Apple? Are they somehow involved and how? I know you guys need money to pay your bills but give me a break it can't raise more than 5 euros to buy platinum!

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    So we blame you stg and you blame Apple, very convenient for us customers! Now without irony I'd like to know why this happened now and why it didn't happen before, one thing I can't understand is why is this related to Apple? Are they somehow involved and how? I know you guys need money to pay your bills but give me a break it can't raise more than 5 euros to buy platinum!
    I am not blaming anyone, I am stating facts. We don;t control global price changes. Apple and Google both react to adjust. This is from February, but the cause is the same: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/09/...crease-europe/

"After sending out an email to developers earlier in the week detailing App Store price changes coming to a few territories, Apple has today raised the price of apps in all countries within the European Union, Norway, Russia, and Canada. The price increases are due to shifting currency exchange rates and tax increases in some countries. "
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I am not blaming anyone, I am stating facts. We don;t control global price changes. Apple and Google both react to adjust. This is from February, but the cause is the same: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/09/...crease-europe/

"After sending out an email to developers earlier in the week detailing App Store price changes coming to a few territories, Apple has today raised the price of apps in all countries within the European Union, Norway, Russia, and Canada. The price increases are due to shifting currency exchange rates and tax increases in some countries. "
    That is not nice for us customers because plat is self wasn't cheap and now... thank you very much to answer our questions g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I wasn't blaming anyone, only trying to find out why the prices were raised so much without any announcement. Thanks G for the link.