Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Nice more for Platimun Users
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    To make the massive chests worth crafting/farming they need to be special. As it stands now I can just open 3 "regular" lockeds get 3 tokens and three chances. There is not a difference.

I propose making the massive chests 12 plat to open with double odds. They will be in high demand then and retain value.
    Exactly. Unless we haven't been filled in, there's no real benefit for opening a massive crate comparing to the simplest one. Sure you'll need three items instead of one but considering how much easier the first one will be to acquire, I can't see those fancy large ones being in any demand at all.

Suggestions:
    -Lower the platinum needed (5 for simple, 8 for double, 12 for triple drop).
    -Increase the loot chances accordingly by 3-5% increments (item X has 5% in simple, 8.5% in double, 11.5% in triple).
    -Increase the token payouts so they scale ( 1+ item, 3 + items, 6 + items).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

This is going to be the cycle of this game:

Non-plat players spent hours of playing -> loot many crates -> sold on auction -> benefit for plat players.
    Plat players spent minutes of playing -> bought crates -> loot arcane and mythic items -> no benefit for non-plat players.

If only they made it more f2p, 50% of the notable players would not have retired.
    I wish I were me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Well I'm what I'm doing I will buy plat when on sale. And then open those crates whew

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The issue here is that people saw arcanes for tokens and thought "woot, free arcanes for all". That's not the case. Ren'gol crates are replacing platinum based crates after all.

The token system isn't focusing on making the game "more f2p" but it's helping everyone; paying players directly and non-paying indirectly. Everyone except the "wallet warriors" who expected the OP pet/gear they were once lucky to get to keep being OP and only accessible for very few so they can feel like they're good at this game by plain overgear.

We just need a few tweaks there and there but the basis for this system is good to go. Perhaps a weekly quest that rewards 30-50 tokens for killing 20 elite Ren'gol bosses. Stuff like that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Exactly. Unless we haven't been filled in, there's no real benefit for opening a massive crate comparing to the simplest one. Sure you'll need three items instead of one but considering how much easier the first one will be to acquire, I can't see those fancy large ones being in any demand at all.

Suggestions:
    -Lower the platinum needed (5 for simple, 8 for double, 12 for triple drop).
    -Increase the loot chances accordingly by 3-5% increments (item X has 5% in simple, 8.5% in double, 11.5% in triple).
    -Increase the token payouts so they scale ( 1+ item, 3 + items, 6 + items).
    Isn't that a bit too much for a crate that guarantees already a token each time you open it & is here to stay forever?
    I suggest to simply:
    - invert the plat cost.
    15 plat : simple crate. 1 loot + 1 token
    10plat : middle crate. 2 loot + 2 tokens
    5plat: massive crate. 3 loot + 3 tokens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This thread makes me laugh a little. Let's get something straight folks.. the primary goal is to extract as much money from paying or potential paying players as possible. Let that soak in a little. Now why would players pay money if things are "fair"? There is a conflict of interests there. You're welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

wew i want a info about old lock crates..i hope sts will not leave old lock crates behind, i mean make them usefull because there is alot of old crates remaining...and that old lock crates came from a poor and hardworking players like me....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Crate Tokens from Locked Crates :'( *sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Game becomes sick day to day...!

Of course it has been made by STS they rule it...they need more money and they take it in this way.

These type of updates are the reason why people stop playing the game and that's what happening in AL.
    And STS people trying to uplift the market well that's not gonna happen in any time soon.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

wait... no arcane shard from new locked crate?

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Will elite chests from rengol drop tokens? Im a non plat player :/ i hope like copper elite chest drop 1 token gold 3 tokens... considering how hard and time consuming the new elite maps are.

Last edited by bedmaster; 06-19-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

So for non-plat players, the game remains the same before and after expansion :/. Farm locks now. Farm locks later too.

Its the only small money-maker that holds a small ounce of value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This expansion will probably just be a joke now. Got my hopes up high and then it all crashed like the economy when the crate thread was released yesterday. Sts DID say they were gonna make it more for F2P players. In a way they did. Now instead of farming a map scaled to like level 11 or 16 or whatever, you get to farm a map scaled to endgame for locks! And oh wait, if you dont have gold then you probably cant run the elite maps which drop the chests for tokens I assume. So many new things for f2p players. 2 years of chores for pixels! Who doesn't want that, right? (sarcasm).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	365.5 KB 
ID:	134775
    ...................s u n...............................
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=107505&dateline=14000  78776
    T H A I L A N D

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nuwar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

So basically the system is revamped but not changed, those who open locks still get something and those who don't lack a way to get things without playing for days on end. Why not just make a straight Platinum to Arcane/Mythic conversion then? I think I hear Zeus asking for these things to be harder to loot, and I may be misreading (Sorry if I do) but from what I hear he says that spend $300 on a game and becoming instantly rich is to easy? That prices should be higher so people would need to spend more to be guaranteed rich.

Absurd.

:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    So basically the system is revamped but not changed, those who open locks still get something and those who don't lack a way to get things without playing for days on end. Why not just make a straight Platinum to Arcane/Mythic conversion then? I think I hear Zeus asking for these things to be harder to loot, and I may be misreading (Sorry if I do) but from what I hear he says that spend $300 on a game and becoming instantly rich is to easy? That prices should be higher so people would need to spend more to be guaranteed rich.

Absurd.

some players pretend they want the best for everyone but really just want to extend their own advantage over the game.

also $300 is a LOT to spend on a game that isn't even subscription and damn straight i want at least one amazing virtual game item in return for my half a weeks wages!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post

Absurd.

Hello SacredKnight,

You say absurd, I say rational and logical. Why? In the current set-up (assuming that token values will remain the same), $200-300 is manageable for most folks to spend. If it is manageable and guarantees them the best gear, then spending becomes a routine, almost like a purchasing a new set of tires every few months. Next arcane item? Drop another $200-300. When I left PL for AL, I enjoyed walking away from that sort of system. The fact that AL was not a directly pay2win game won me over. Yes, one could spend but there was a chance that spending the money would result in one coming out empty handed. As a result, it did not segregate the plat players from the non-plat players.

In PL, the object that causes a divide between plat players & non-plat players was elixirs. Unless a player was capable of running on a Thrasher Elixir, players would not farm with you. Here, it will be gear. Non-plat players will farm with non-plat players and plat-players will stick with their own groups. Unfortunately, this is the nature of the pay2win style which is why I and many others dislike it.

So, because $200-300 is manageable for many players (mainly U.S players w/ decent salaries), most of these players will be able to afford to drop that sort of money to get the best gear. The rest? They are left behind to farm locked crates, which will provide a meager income.

For me, this system is beneficial because it's far cheaper to spend $200-300 every few months than randomly bingeing on crates. However, for every other non-platinum user...it is not. By upping the token cost, STG deters this sort of pay2win spending. If it's very expensive, people will think twice before splurging but it still will not stop the whales from spending. However, the other solution (and potentially better) which I liked was Madnex's suggestion which allows a slightly more efficient way of farming tokens for F2P. This solution expelled the chasing after a chance to loot a token in a crate that took them 15 minutes to farm in the first place. F2P will still chase after the golden orc crates for more tokens, but they also have weekly quests to look forward to.

Something like what Madnex suggested would be viable for F2P.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-19-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't have any plat so ...I will never open these crates ... So give some plat first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thanks for the post devs. And great new system.

One question clicking in mind
    Other than drop rate difference Is there any restriction for normal crates?
    Like normal won't drop arcane items or it will drop item limited to legendary category and scrolls etc.

And for Zeus n other top players
    Bro there is old saying in different styles "let ur little brother play with your old toys which u don't need "
    I hope u guys will also like to move to next power level and limites instead staying at same repeated thing.
    U guys are top players and will like to be on top and u will love to prove once again why u r on top.

Change is rule of life. No changes then u r practically dead.
    Thanks