Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
Maybe all the bold caps and name calling were something to do with it.

To generalize that the long-term players are a bunch of knowitalls spreading lies and misinformation is insulting. A lot of us do endless testing before ever presenting anything on the forums, in order to make sure our information is accurate. You're just blanketing everyone with the same accusation, which is unfair, inaccurate and completely untrue in many cases.

It seems like this thread is designed to be a personal attack on someone, but if someone actually thinks that much of themselves, they will not recognize that they are the one you are targetting here.
It's not a personal attack on anyone, but a wake-up call to stop us all from taking our tenuous and fact-deficient conclusions about the economy and the game too far. I just added an edit that will hopefully clear things up. I can also say that I'm extremely well aware of the work that many long-term players have put into the game, there's no ingratitude here. I don't regret calling everyone out on this - it needed to be said. We all sometimes let our emotions get the better of us, myself included.