Thread: graphics tablet's too slick...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default graphics tablet's too slick...

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get a little more traction on the tablet surface?
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ii use iphone but i think it have same effect I just use tissue with water and wipe it and then dry it off with tissue. This will eliminate the oily surface and give a lot more traction. I do this every time i play. Hope this helps.
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm talking about graphics tablets, like a Wacom. I've been getting back into digital art, but my new tablet's got a really slippery surface, which feels really odd.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ah ic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by Keohike; 03-10-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, i have a Wacom Bamboo pen and touch, i never at all found it slick... Can you tell me which one you have?
    If it is slick, it may just be new or you got some sort of Lysol spray on it.
    just use a wash cloth and wash it a bit, it won't ruin it, trust me. the only way to ruin it is to get water on the usb plug in, and dab on the tablet area, because you can lose pen sensitivity if you press to hard.
    Hope this helps!

but, tell me this.. are you concerned about the pen aspect or the mouse aspect? because if you got a bamboo touch, you probably shouldn't have.
    i never am able to use my bamboo touch properly. If you did, i would have gotten a pen + touch, or just a pen.
    Touch is only useful when your web browsing almost or are sizing in photoshop. but i see what you mean by that being "slippery" i would not say it is, but to help go to start > search"bamboo" > you should see bamboo properties if you installed the disk at the beginning.
    In there, you can adjust your touch sensitivity, so that way, you can slide with less computer traction, and that would work. its just a different way of solving it.
    Last edited by Frenzyn; 03-10-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh, it's a cheap Kanvus 9x12. Lightwieght, no eraser function on the pen...but it's a digitizer. If I had my druthers, i'd be using a Cintiq by now, but I haven't invested enough time to be interchangeable with paper and digitizer. I don't even have a scanner!

I'd like to have the feel of a ball-point pen, I think. I wonder if I could put on some frisket or something to the surface to gum it up a bit....

I have never liked the prices of Wacom products. There's other companies that do as well or better for cheaper..well except for Cintiqs. with so many capacitive multi-touch screens out there, there's no reason why a 128 level 4x6 pad should be 150-200USD. My pad was 120USD and I got 9x12 workspace and 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. If the traction was a little slower and it had an eraser function, I'd be totally happy with it.