Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | September 2, 2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Dimitrian was being facetious. Your post is very constructive, thank you. We do have more new loot coming soon with The King Awakens event. In fact we're incorporating some changes to that content right now based on some of your feedback. We'll be announcing those details very soon.

One question about this point:

"I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses."

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone. If you can think of examples from previous seasons that you thought worked well I'd love to hear them.

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that feedback. Sometimes the solutions come easier than others but we do read and discuss your feedback all the time. In fact the back vanities Remiem posted in this very thread came from those discussions.

Thanks for the response G-M. Appreciate it. I was being facetious in turn - I do actually have a sense of humour, contrary to popular belief.

As far as drop rates, everyone seems to agree that primary stat jewels are not dropping at all, and insignia drop rates are extremely low. We're asking for reasonable rates. 20-30 runs without either an insignia or jewel is not a reasonable drop rate. That would mean I need to do over 2000/3000 runs for the orcslaying set, and will not make a noble gem in the rest of my natural life.

Mostly though, we are asking for insignias and primary stat gems to be available in more than just the ren'gol normal maps. It's not about me wanting insignias yesterday, and being lazy. I think my track record proves I never ask for easy. In fact, I'm not even suggesting putting the items in normal maps, but in scaled elite maps in other areas of the game.

Having to run the same dungeon all day long is akin to being stuck in a cubicle in an office all day. There is a reason I don't work in a cubicle - I can't stand seeing and doing the same thing all day long every day. I'm sure as a developer you can relate.

As far as other seasons, I think Nordr is a good example of something that worked well. Those daggers were fun to farm. Not common enough to lose value, but not so rare that we felt frustrated farming. Same for the warrior weapon that season.
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-03-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: