Thread: Energy point loss

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
    Make it only if you truly disconnect from Lag. The server tracks if it was a Disconnect or Force Game Exit.

I'm saying this because obviously STS will never fix the server ping spikes. So the least they can do to keep us from killing ourselves in this nightmare is giving the energy point back.

Ik many people end up losings thousands just because of a ping spike that started back 1 month ago and hasn't been fixed since...
    I'm not the server expert, but this is what I garnered about server communication. Ping measures the time it takes for data to travel from one to the other. This time interval is commonly known as lag. The greater your ping number, the longer you are behind compared to everyone else.

A disconnect occurs when the ping is greater than 120,000 (sometimes it occurs before then). That would be approximately 2 minutes or so.

What's my point in telling you this? Well, I can load up AL on my computer in a Chrome tab. If I create a new tab and linger there for more than 2 minutes, boom. I get disconnected. That's not a force quit, because my computer simply stopped communicating with the server during the "lag time." If I had switched back to the AL tab before 2 minutes, the server would have then flooded me with all the missing data packets and I would be caught up in real time.

This process can be mirrored on mobile by simply going back to the home screen. I used to forum browse all the time this way, taking advantage of the 2 minute window.

Point is, you can fake a disconnect just by mimicking lag for 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 10-19-2015 at 08:08 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code