Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS gonna fix medium cakes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Small cakes - 3-4k each. Buy 300 mediums in 20 mins. Account for 20 mins of time to open, 10 mins to pass back everything, 10 minutes to sell and that's 1.2M profit roughly every hour.
    It works only if u owned all the toons right ?....coz only 1 plyr received small cake, it needs 4 devices, unfortunately most of us dont have 4 devices to play AL .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    ???? So botting is ok in this game? I just presumed it weren't as in other games? There is absolutely no way to buy that many medium in what much time. In fact it is almost impossible to buy any atm due to the number of bots camping cs.

I really want to know if botting is not against ToS. And if it is why aren't those bots getting banned
    It's not botting...you pick up the smallest button distance to screen ratio device you own (a phone in most cases) and buy the cakes...

I just did 153 again. I started at 7:48AM and was finished selling everything by 8:08AM. That's 600k in 20 minutes work. My point is...people are going to do it until it's stopped for: 1. Either to make money to buy gear. OR 2. Insure that the inflation is not making their current gold worth less.

If you don't believe me, list a bunch of medium cakes on AH. I should be able to buy a good amount of them.

However, the answer to your question is: Yes, people can bot it but it's really not necessary to do in order to pull off huge figures of gold earned.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-16-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There are few ways to make money from this event, some are very OP, I will describe, maybe STS will fix it before its too far:

- Farm slices and craft medium cakes, open with friends or sell at CS for 14-15k. If you open you can have small cakes which you can sell for 3-4k at CS or use to craft more mediums
    It's not very OP because you need time to craft but still 1-2m/day or so. I do that way and made 2m casually so far during this weekend (not played much).

- Buy small cakes from CS for 3-4k then craft mediums and open with friends or sell at CS, extra small cakes if you open could be also sold or used to crafting:
    It's nor very OP too, you don't need to farm, profit is still 1-2m/day or so

- And the most OP way which will cause huge inflation and reduce most players pay-ability like Zeus said:
    - Buy medium cakes from CS and use several devices/accounts to open it in party:
    You will get all small cakes in return which you could sell at CS for 3-4k each.
    For example:
    - you have 1.5m and buy 100 mediums at CS for 15k each
    - you distribute these cakes between 4 accounts, 25 cakes for each
    - you make party for all accounts and open cakes
    - you get 1.5m back plus 100 small cakes which you could sell for 300-400k
    If you buy 300 mediums you will get 900-1.2m like Zeus said.
    All these steps could be made within a hour.
    Thats how this is exploited and it MUST BE STOPPED ASAP

Also, Its hillarious how AL is vulnerable to exploits like this.
    As a software engeneer I am just curious why STS doesn't have such a simple things:
    - monitoring system which will track overall GOLD amount ingame
    - alert trigger which will warn support engineers that something went wrong
    - support team responsible to deal with such situation (stop server, fast fix, etc)
    I wonder how long the economic will repair after this exploit... And after weekend of exploiting STILL NO REACTION FROM STS.
    Last edited by Upperbound; 11-16-2015 at 11:21 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Upperbound For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    It works only if u owned all the toons right ?....coz only 1 plyr received small cake, it needs 4 devices, unfortunately most of us dont have 4 devices to play AL .-.
    Yes. And zeus has more than 3 devices i believe, so he can cheat his way to riches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Yes. And zeus has more than 3 devices i believe, so he can cheat his way to riches.
    I have close to 17 devices, but...I have been opening with friends. If you don't believe me, ask friends like Terrorshock, Msceo, Spell/Lia, Papaflex, Temzy, Frynoodlez, Elementeye, Saveds, Evangelioni, Love and others. I prefer opening with friends rather than using multiple devices.

I did, however, use multiple devices to do 353 cakes (exactly) to prove my point on this subject today morning, for the sake of raw numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Brb buying more phone..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default STS gonna fix medium cakes?

I know, im being a lousy killjoy, but if there's an exploit that really only benefits chrome users and the rich people who have 4 devices, well then its not fair if it drastically affects the economy in such a way that it beats everyone else down into a deep, dark, cold submission where they're forced to work even harder to catch up with the exploiters. And then to those of you who are abusing it and scamming people claiming to offer three alts to collect the gold and "redistribute them to the opener", that's pushing it. Even though I'm retired, it still fires me up that you guys are taking advantage of everyone else. So, speaking for those who are playing honestly, those who dont have more than one device to play on, those who dont use chrome, and those who otherwise havent found the exploit, STS please do something before the damage gets too great and negatively affects everyone else who's not as fortunate as the abusers.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I know, im being a lousy killjoy, but if there's an exploit that really only benefits chrome users and the rich people who have 4 devices, well then its not fair if it drastically affects the economy in such a way that it beats everyone else down into a deep, dark, cold submission where they're forced to work even harder to catch up with the exploiters. And then to those of you who are abusing it and scamming people claiming to offer three alts to collect the gold and "redistribute them to the opener", that's pushing it. Even though I'm retired, it still fires me up that you guys are taking advantage of everyone else. So, speaking for those who are playing honestly, those who dont have more than one device to play on, those who dont use chrome, and those who otherwise havent found the exploit, STS please do something before the damage gets too great and negatively affects everyone else who's not as fortunate as the abusers.
    Agreed...I'd like to stop ASAP as I'm getting pretty tired of having to compete with the inflation rate...

Perspective:

Friend just got a 25M bid on a 3 para ring, something that was worth 13M last week. This is when potential buyers are still spamming as well. We won't see the real inflation until after the event is done and people stop spamming medium cakes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Agreed...I'd like to stop ASAP as I'm getting pretty tired of having to compete with the inflation rate...

Perspective:

Friend just got a 25M bid on a 3 para ring, something that was worth 13M last week. This is when potential buyers are still spamming as well. We won't see the real inflation until after the event is done and people stop spamming medium cakes.
    So you have made a large amount of gold and now you want the gold payout to be removed... Hmm

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anyona For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Too late 10000000000000000 millions have already injected to the system

15. The Following User Says Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Perspective:

Yes the true inflation will only make an appearance when people stop making gold and return to buying items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    So you have made a large amount of gold and now you want the gold payout to be removed... Hmm
    No, the amount of gold I've made is almost exactly matching the inflation rate. Rings went up 12M? I've made 15M. I want to make it clear that I'm not looking to make any more than what keeps my current buying power the same as it was before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yes this needs to be fixed asap... just as soon as I've sold my items lol. Really though I've seen alot of arguments also about this medium cake bs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The rational thing to do what would be stop, no one is forcing you to farm gold.

The sane thing to do would be to keep farming.

Asking a nerf or as OP called it "fix" seems like you now want others nott to farm gold because your weekday schedule is crowded. This come across to me like me wanting events to be released at 9 am for my time zone because then I can spend more time farming the event when prices.
    If you don't do it...any gold that you had before is seriously devalued and you cannot buy what you used to. Sorry, that's a huge issue for anyone...

I'm actually far more active on the weekdays than the weekends...you can ask anyone in guild about this.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The rational thing to do what would be stop, no one is forcing you to farm gold.

The sane thing to do would be to keep farming.

Asking a nerf or as OP called it "fix" seems like you now want others nott to farm gold because your weekday schedule is crowded. This come across to me like me wanting events to be released at 9 am for my time zone because then I can spend more time farming the event when prices.
    We're talking about a fix for an exploit. Especially since the exploit literally depends on what device a player is using. It's really not fair for everyone else who is unable to do the exploit, and it negatively affects the economy, especially in the near future. Saying it's okay for a select group of people to get an uneeded advantage over everyone simply because they exploited something that should've never happened is quite selfish and foolish. Circumstance should never be a punishment.

Arcane Legends Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

1) I play AL
    2) I play on 2 devices
    3) I am envious of people with 3 to 4 devices
    4) I am a big girl and refuse to cry unfair someone has more than me.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    1) I play AL
    2) I play on 2 devices
    3) I am envious of people with 3 to 4 devices
    4) I am a big girl and refuse to cry unfair someone has more than me.
    Wait till a few months from now when the economy is still sputtering trying to recover. The problem isn't people having more, the problem is overpriced junk that less-fortunate people need to work harder to obtain due to a past-exploit.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You stand corrected then because you first stated it was 1m in 20 mins and now it's 1.2m in an hour,

Obviously market has hit its zenith and its crashing.
    Originally, when this started...it was 1m in 20 minutes. It's now 1.2M in 1 hour. However, it's still much higher any other farming method that exists...before, 1 hour of farming would = 200-300k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes I know I was one of the few smart enough to sell mediums for 15k and buy larges for 18k before people got smart.
    What exactly is your point? My point is that this is bad for the economy and as much as I hate doing it, I have to in order to insure that my buying power is the same as last week. I really don't understand why people put the blame on me...I've been doing it the fair way, opening amongst friends. The only time I used a PC is to prove my point in an above post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I know many people will not agree with my post. But i don't like the idea mythic weapons for this level cap to cost 1.5m. I mean what the hell ? Inflation won't do any harm for the time being. STS did a lot brainstorming and thought about how sneaky we can be with those medium chests before they released them to live. I think that was their intetion. Our items to cost more than yesterday.

The inflation has a good part and a bad part. Like everything released live. I could be disadvantaged and you could win or I could advantaged and you can lose.

Just how it always was with the market.