Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL 3rd Birthday Event Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Prices for top gear has historically been very high... 30-50m is NOT a stretch... STS was on the verge of fixing the economy... then pulled the plug.

Stimulus is good! Why tf should best in game gear only net 2m...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post
    Prices for top gear has historically been very high... 30-50m is NOT a stretch... STS was on the verge of fixing the economy... then pulled the plug.

Again, inflation for the duration of the event would have meant extreme inflation, which we had seen previously with the plat farmer situation. People who wish for this lasting for the duration of the event are doing so for their own selfish purposes, with no care of the economy whatsoever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post

Actually prices only ever went that high due to plat farming injecting insane amounts of gold into the economy. Before that, nothing was ever over 10m in price. What STS has been doing this season is correcting the economy back to where it was intended to be. There is a 100mill cap on how much gold one can hold for a reason. Inflation wasn't meant to push things so high that there was no way anyone could ever afford gear without cheating.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ramboo View Post
    Good For you. Its better than seeing a bunch of Crying little people complaining because they dont havr the ability to Use several accounts to Open the Medium Cakes. Makes Me as well as others very Mad.
    Agreed, not being able to buy things for 100M makes me extremely mad as well! /sarcasm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ascents View Post
    It needed some inflation. Old prices were much better and divided people now you run around seeing half the people in the game with a arcane ring.
    And where were all the shards before, if I may ask? In stash of billionaires? I loved the sight how the hoarded arcanes began to leak from those stashes into CS.

I am honestly happy for every guildie that gets his ring or hatches baby Nekro. We farm hard-core and the better equipment the guys have the smoother the runs are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Let's not forget half of the community lost out on this update. Weekend crowd=winners

Weekday crows=losers.

Oh while I'm at it let's shine the limelight on our almighty developers who continue to flaunt their omnipotency by reverting on their word and thereby compromising their integrity. What was supposed to be 12-19 is now 12-16. So yes people who play on certain days of the week which the update is no longer taking place are the real winners,and these players will MOST probably be rage quitting AL. Since they are going to have to go into cerebus jaws and back to get the amount of gold the "active community" got from the past few days.
    It does hurt people who couldn't play during the weekends, but I think it was better for StG to stop it early, rather than hyper inflating the economy even more so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Default no fix for underwhelming grand cakes?

as the title said, seems like no one cared though,

but at the moment grand only give you one out of five possible loot to a maximum of 4 person, and you can get as bad as 4 cake slices when opening grand cakes...

i think it is way too underwhelming, compared to large cakes

thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Question Looking at both sides:

STS, a fix was necessary. And you guys did it. But both, your origninal value and your fixed value of gold has been on an extreme. Lowering down the value is necessary ofcourse, but reaching the rock bottom is not. Lower down the value of med cakes to something like 2500g, but change the functions it has. Remove the option that 3 other people can get the same amount of gold. That was the original problem. People with 4 devices were exploiting it (although even that takes dedication). Many people tried to make a profit, and tbh people are saying that they should have expected a change in the gold value. I have never seen STS change anything in an event before except the changing of boss difficulty. This change was a complete shock to many of us, as it was not something you guys have done before. Please consider this and change the function of the Medium cake, and increase the gold amount by a bit. So that the people who are near quitting now can actually have a reason to stay in this amazing game. Lets not have AL's 3rd birthday a reason for people to leave

Thank you

P.S: I am not taking part in the event. This event did not affect me. Im just worried about my friends leaving after making huge losses.
    Last edited by Endkey 2.0; 11-16-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Exclamation A note to the developers and potentially enraged players from this recent update.

People have spent millions of gold on the game they love purchasing the medium crates because you could earn gold through them. This unfortunately was changed with the update from 5000 gold to 500 gold per person. You can understand our fustration.

Please take into consideration these following arguments;

-People have spent hundreds investing into this thing only to lose.
    -As game developers, we expect you to check content will function correctly before releasing and we entrusted you but you changed.
    -You changed the dynamics mid event so it ruined birthday and people were very confused.
    -Many people are venting anger because it was an unprofessional act.

What we propose;

-STS change it back or to atleast 2500 gold.
    -STS to apologize for the inconvenience.
    -STS to check content before releasing next time.
    -STS to use this mistake as a red heron for future updates.

With love,
    Ascents.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ascents For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes please change soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Agree to most of this,

you could do with 1 pc not just 4 devices:/

Make 2500.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    STS, a fix was necessary. And you guys did it. But both, your origninal value and your fixed value of gold has been on an extreme. Lowering down the value is necessary ofcourse, but reaching the rock bottom is not. Lower down the value of med cakes to something like 2500g, but change the functions it has. Remove the option that 3 other people can get the same amount of gold. That was the original problem. People with 4 devices were exploiting it (although even that takes dedication). Many people tried to make a profit, and tbh people are saying that they should have expected a change in the gold value. I have never seen STS change anything in an event before except the changing of boss difficulty. This change was a complete shock to many of us, as it was not something you guys have done before. Please consider this and change the function of the Medium cake, and increase the gold amount by a bit. So that the people who are near quitting now can actually have a reason to stay in this amazing game. Lets not have AL's 3rd birthday a reason for people to leave

Thank you

P.S: I am not taking part in the event. This event did not affect me. Im just worried about my friends leaving after making huge losses.
    Event rewards of ursoth were changed.

The event points exploit of ursoth 2014 was changed just like this exploit was changed.

The energy drop rates of halloween 2015 was changed.

"Never seen STS change anything in an event before except the changing of boss difficulties"

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Event rewards of ursoth were changed.

The event points exploit of ursoth 2014 was changed just like this exploit was changed.

The energy drop rates of halloween 2015 was changed.

"Never seen STS change anything in an event before except the changing of boss difficulties"

Lol
    i was away those times so thats my bad @@ and that was not even my main point. Argue about that if you want
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Do you understand that this was ruining the economy? I don't think you have any idea what is still going to happen. Prices are not done rising. We are going to see 10m+ arcane items again, and if this had continued for another 3 days, we would be seeing 50m+ items again. The prices rising is a delayed effect, and we still do not know how high they will go from the effect of the past 4 days.

The intention of any event with crafted crates/cakes/chests is for it to be worthwhile to craft the largest ones, in this case the "Grand" cakes. It is dumb to have it stop at medium cakes and have medium cakes be almost as valuable as the grand ones.

Remember last season when arcane rings were 100m+?? That was due to people plat farming and opening locked crates, which gave gold rewards. These medium cakes were being opened on such a large scale the effect had to be way bigger than a few players opening locked crates. We are lucky it only went on for 4 days, but I suspect the effect of this will be rather long lasting.

Do you just like seeing more gold in your inventory, or do you actually want your gold to have some purchasing power??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

no fix, because just like medium cakes, those same geniuses will exploit the grand cakes and ruin the event even further. The intention was to spread gold to rich players and nubs by opening in towns, but as usual some greedy people exploited it and made 60mil+. I think sts should take off a 0 from the gold that they made by opening cakes with their alts, as it is only fair.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Interesting. Well i didnt know this as i dont have a computer, no need to instigate. How can people log into 4 acounts and not be force logged off of all except the one theyre on? Usually mmos only let u log on 1 account each device unless u log out of it
    Well, arcane legends isnt a traditional mmo. Most arent on chrome :/

Open 4 tabs, open arcane legends on all 4 tabs, sign into a different account on each tab. Boom, 4 characters online at once on the same pc. I got so good at typing my passwords this weekend XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    1) I play AL
    2) I play on 2 devices
    3) I am envious of people with 3 to 4 devices
    4) I am a big girl and refuse to cry unfair someone has more than me.
    5) Those that are using multiple devises are not cheating.
    6) Basic economics, the more available funds the higher the prices
    1. Same
    2. I play on two, one on PC and one on Mobile but you can still have 4 tabs running on chrome even more; you don't need 4 different devices.
    3. I am not envious because I can run multiple tabs.
    4. I like crying if someone has more than me.
    5. Agreed, they are just wealthy.
    6. Basic economics is actually, "more currency circulating in the economy, prices will increase as a resultant which decreases the purchasing power and content value of the currency cetris parabus".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Do you understand that this was ruining the economy? I don't think you have any idea what is still going to happen. Prices are not done rising. We are going to see 10m+ arcane items again, and if this had continued for another 3 days, we would be seeing 50m+ items again. The prices rising is a delayed effect, and we still do not know how high they will go from the effect of the past 4 days.

The intention of any event with crafted crates/cakes/chests is for it to be worthwhile to craft the largest ones, in this case the "Grand" cakes. It is dumb to have it stop at medium cakes and have medium cakes be almost as valuable as the grand ones.

Remember last season when arcane rings were 100m+?? That was due to people plat farming and opening locked crates, which gave gold rewards. These medium cakes were being opened on such a large scale the effect had to be way bigger than a few players opening locked crates. We are lucky it only went on for 4 days, but I suspect the effect of this will be rather long lasting.

Do you just like seeing more gold in your inventory, or do you actually want your gold to have some purchasing power??
    I know what it was doing and it was ruining the economy. But that is they're fault not ours and changing the game mechanics half way through an event that they planned and tested just shows how unprofessional they are. What was needed is time for it to fix itself, money to be leaked out of the economy rather than being injected in AFTER the event.

I have no problem with the update, it's just many people wasted millions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Both,actually!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

He wants to cry because he lacked the foresight to see the OBVIOUS update and stocked up on medium crates which are now worthless. Poor judgement on his part but he would rather blame sts and make pointless threads than acknowledge his own flaw