Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts on tackling the Para/Eye Gem issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Again, no one is losing anything. One ounce of hard work shouldnt ruin everyone elses gameplay a year later.
    Login into game and farm 50 million to buy 10 eyes. Its not "one ounce" geez how easy u say that. And not...para and eyes will not ruin everyone elses gameplay a year later like PLAT FARMER DID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

hehehe, both sides have a point,

as for me, i will stubbornly stick to my previous suggestion:

if sts ever make para/eyes unsocketable to new gear or stop the scaling, then there should be an exchange feature of para/eyes gem to jewels... and sts should also consider the market price of para/eyes and jewels when they announce it (that they are going to make para/eyes stop scaling). it will be not fair to players who's still having it if they ever make this happen without giving some compensation...

but, i agree that letting these gems phased out is unrealistic goal...

as for problem of balance in twinks bracket (because of paragems gears), probably the only way to solve it is:
    1. make all gems cease to function
    2. make a temporary/permanent feature, to pluck out the gems, and automatically convert it into jewel, according to the gear's level
    3. roll back old elite maps' loot table, to make it possible to farm l15-16, l20-21, l25-26, l30-31, l35-l36 elite legendaries

with this, i think no one will lose anything much...

thank you :P
    Last edited by extrapayah; 11-29-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    about nekro case .. It is the same like u think about gem cant be socketed into 47+ gears ?. So i will take ur nekro and replace it with stampy bcoz nekro (if) were discontinued and too OP.
    Where did you get that?
    His whole idea is that eyes can only be used for gears level 46 and under, nothing about replaceing it (like you said, replace nekro with stampy)
    Basically, when higher level comes, because of the way gems scale, it will eventually become more and more op and it's also no longer obtainable

Currently, an eye gives +3 +3 +3 and 1.01 crit for lv 46 , when lv 51 comes it'll probably be +4 +4 +4 + 1.05 crit
    That's 12 stat points in a single gear slot...

ppl earned that gems with hardwork too, are u saying that paying 50mil for 10 eyes isnt a hardwork ?.
    Yes it's hard work, but is that hard work not paid off when they use it in their lv 46 mythic? No one suggest to remove them, they can still use it, but on gears less than lv 47

Login into game and farm 50 million to buy 10 eyes. Its not "one ounce" geez how easy u say that. And not...para and eyes will not ruin everyone elses gameplay a year later like PLAT FARMER DID
    Wont effect game play? If one person at lv 51 have eyes in every single gem slots, given the assumption above of +4 +4 +4 , that's 12*18 (3 for each gear) = 216 extra stats points, compare to an average player with full noble of 144 stats points , that's a 72 stat points difference... and you're telling me 72 stats difference won't effect game play?

Okay, even if sts decide to release the next tire of jewel (+9), that's still a 54 stat points difference. Also, keep in mind, that will take 6561 cracked jewel to crack for each, that's 118,098 cracked jewels for the full set and at the price of jewels now, that will be 118,098 * 4k (for each weak finesse jewel)= 472,392k, so 472m.... compare to that, the "180 million for 18 eyes" (i scaled it up for comparison) is indeed, easy, and you get an extra 54 stat points as well

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post: