Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how can you restrict members in a party? ive seen games where i get a message that says party is reserved for other members. thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    quick question - Why do some equipment have a red background and others a clear background. I am aware of the different quality classes eg: white, amber green, purple pink etc..
    I have noticed that equipment with a red background colour of the item name always has a higher spec than with a clear background.

hope i explained it properly. Not easy to say without a screen shot i guess.
    The items with the clear background are items that you can equip with your current attribute points, as in you've met all requirements.

The red backgrounded items are ones you are not able to equip....yet
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasalgethi View Post
    how can you restrict members in a party? ive seen games where i get a message that says party is reserved for other members. thanks in advance.
    Inviting players temporarily hold their spot for them. So if you invite 50 people, no one in the join game menu will be able to join for a little bit.

Then the join game menu is slow to refresh. So it might say there is 1 person in the game, when actually, there is 5 people and the game is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Henixify View Post
    What's the drop rate on a gem from balefort with a yellow threat? I'm trying to get that d*MN hawkeye.
    If I am correct, Gems only drop in Forest Haven and maybe dark forest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Inviting players temporarily holds their spot for them.
    You learn something new every day. Thanks. So that is why it keeps saying full when there are only four people in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Inviting players temporarily hold their spot for them. So if you invite 50 people, no one in the join game menu will be able to join for a little bit.
    Is that true? Never knew it either. I swear whenever I invite someone, some random seems to join the next second and take the last free spot (leading to the awkward "sorry full" conversation/booting).

I noticed that when the Next Game screen appears, the spots in the next game will be reserved for a while for people who haven't yet clicked Next. So that's one other way you can have four party members and yet have the game register as full. A friend noticed that the spot eventually gets "unreserved" once you clear a few mobs in the upper level.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Is that true? Never knew it either. I swear whenever I invite someone, some random seems to join the next second and take the last free spot (leading to the awkward "sorry full" conversation/booting).

I noticed that when the Next Game screen appears, the spots in the next game will be reserved for a while for people who haven't yet clicked Next. So that's one other way you can have four party members and yet have the game register as full. A friend noticed that the spot eventually gets "unreserved" once you clear a few mobs in the upper level.
    I noticed the same thing.. sometimes after i invite other ppl still join and take up the space..

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.. Love leaves a memory no one can steal..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Invites from other players in the party are reserved too. So if the entire party is inviting like mad, everyone is loosing their reserved spots pretty rapidly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is the animation of Blinding Shot used for anything else?

edit: nvm^^
    Last edited by Jinlac; 03-19-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Henixify View Post
    What's the drop rate on a gem from balefort with a yellow threat? I'm trying to get that d*MN hawkeye.
    Like Pharcyde said, I'm pretty sure it's only Forest Haven. I wanted to add that monster threat color depends on your level, it changes as you level up so it doesn't really work as a description
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Epic troll. +1 random merit. Btw it's fruit not cookies.
    Lizardfeather|Ventesia|Yraelia
    Roleplayer's Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ok I'm willing to admit that it took me awhile to realize that the monster's difficulty level is indicated on their health bar... the circle on the left end of the bar will be a different color depending on the difficulty of the monster. I think its just a simple level comparison, if your level is low and the monster's level is high, the circle is red. If you level up and fight the same monster the circle could change to some other color (blue?). Does anyone remember the color breakdown?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone explain to me how to use the auction? I go to the people, and there is no items at the auction. Do I need to buy auction slots to get things from the auction?
    And what does DPS stand for? Damage per second? Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by rambisco; 03-20-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't need to buy slots in the auction to buy gear just stablish a parameter of whatever you are looking for, that's it

And dps means damage per second yes.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atila the nun View Post
    Ok I'm willing to admit that it took me awhile to realize that the monster's difficulty level is indicated on their health bar... the circle on the left end of the bar will be a different color depending on the difficulty of the monster. I think its just a simple level comparison, if your level is low and the monster's level is high, the circle is red. If you level up and fight the same monster the circle could change to some other color (blue?). Does anyone remember the color breakdown?
    Grey - No exp Easy
    Blue - 1/3rd exp Easy-Medium
    White - 1/2 exp Medium
    Yellow - full exp Hard
    Red - Full exp Hard
    Green - Not sure, got introduced to alien oasis with level 56 cap.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-20-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just starded playing and i have a question im confused on how to unlock lvls i just bought platnium to get lvling but i dont want to buy the wrong map. im curently lvl 20. do i have to buy all the maps? or can i just buy like 2 and still get to 56?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rambisco View Post
    Can someone explain to me how to use the auction? I go to the people, and there is no items at the auction. Do I need to buy auction slots to get things from the auction?
    And what does DPS stand for? Damage per second? Thanks in advance...
    In order to see items on the list, you must press search. You can really define what you see on the list, look at the screenshot below to see how defined I use my search options.

• Buy - You purchase items under that tab, thats the tab I have selected (yellow).
    • Sell - You put items up for sale under that tab
    • My Sales - Shows what items you currently have up for sale on the consignment shop.
    • Gear (Select Item by Category) - See how on the top right of the picture, the sword is selected? That means browse for weapons. You can browse for helms under the helm tab, armor under the armor tab, shield under the shield tab, ect.
    • Enter 'Name' to Search - Type in the name of the item you are looking for, it will show you all results that turn up for your search.
    • Search (Yellow Button) - Press that to find results
    • Show Usable Items Only (Checkbox) - If you have this checked, it will only show you items that you can immediately equip on your character, because you fit the requirements to use it.
    • Preview on Avatar - Press that to see what the item will look like on your Avatar.
    • Min./Max. Level - Fill in what the minimum level of the item you want to find, and the maximum. Say your level 20, and getting level 30 results. Put in max. level for 20, and you will get only level 20 and below for results.
    • Search by 'Rarity' - Item color determines rarity.
    • Pink: Legendary
    • Purple: Epic
    • Green: Rare
    • Orange: Uncommon
    • White: Common
    • Grey: Trash

Yes, DPS means damage per second.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    just starded playing and i have a question im confused on how to unlock lvls i just bought platnium to get lvling but i dont want to buy the wrong map. im curently lvl 20. do i have to buy all the maps? or can i just buy like 2 and still get to 56?
    You can buy two maps and get to 56, but your going to have a really unenjoyable playing time. High level maps such as Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers requires full parties of high level people, and some tactical arrangements like how many Avians, bears and Enchantresses there are in a party. So if you are level 10 and join a level 50+ map, it is likely that you will be booted 99% of the time. So I recommend you buy maps as you go. You can always get more free platinum from the tapjoy wall, Spacetimestudios regularly adds more free offers to that wall.

The maps I recommend you to buy, and in order, are:
    • Dark Forest - FREE: Just register your account with a valid e-mail.
    • Fort Blackstone - A must have map, gives you access to the Consignment Shop
    • Lost Expidition - OPTIONAL: you can get Croc Swamps instead, but leveling is much slower.
    • Croc Swamp - Must have map.
    • Alien Oasis 2-3 - A must have map(s)
    • Balefort Sewers - A must have map

Optional Maps:
    Frozen Nightmares
    Skeller Crunch Returns
    Alien Oasis 1
    PvP maps
    CTF maps
    MAYBE Lost Expedition

I recommend you eventually get all maps, because they are all super fun and loaded with game play, but if platinum is short, get the recommended maps first, and in descending order I listed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can buy two maps and get to 56, but your going to have a really unenjoyable playing time. High level maps such as Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers requires full parties of high level people, and some tactical arrangements like how many Avians, bears and Enchantresses there are in a party. So if you are level 10 and join a level 50+ map, it is likely that you will be booted 99% of the time. So I recommend you buy maps as you go. You can always get more free platinum from the tapjoy wall, Spacetimestudios regularly adds more free offers to that wall.

The maps I recommend you to buy, and in order, are:
    • Dark Forest - FREE: Just register your account with a valid e-mail.
    • Fort Blackstone - A must have map, gives you access to the Consignment Shop
    • Lost Expidition - OPTIONAL: you can get Croc Swamps instead, but leveling is much slower.
    • Croc Swamp - Must have map.
    • Alien Oasis 2-3 - A must have map(s)
    • Balefort Sewers - A must have map

Optional Maps:
    Frozen Nightmares
    Skeller Crunch Returns
    Alien Oasis 1
    PvP maps
    CTF maps
    MAYBE Lost Expedition

I recommend you eventually get all maps, because they are all super fun and loaded with game play, but if platinum is short, get the recommended maps first, and in descending order I listed.
    thanks! for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default gettin booted

Hi, I was wondering if there is anyway to message players in the game who are not on the map or on friends list. I would like to be able to ask to join games in Alien Oasis prior to jumping in, getting booted makes me sad

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

If you friend messages you, all you have to type is:

/r type message here

Then to send a message to a friend:

/t person name here type message here

/ means command
    t means tell
    r means reply
    there is a space between r and the message
    then there is a space between t, player name, and message.

example:

/r hey! how are you bob?

/t bob hey! how are you bob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome, thank you