Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Luck DOES work

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I have to disagree with you. This is not a stat-affecting item and is not similar to cash bought items from other games that give players an edge
    How is a perma 15% chance to re-roll not a stat-affecting item? It's like hit% and crit%. Let's say players can visually see "re-roll%."

Player 1 has a Big Luck hat. Their re-roll% is 15.

Player 2 does not have a Big Luck hat. Their re-roll% is 0.

Clearly, player 1 has an advantage over player 2, regardless of what degree you think something should be considered an "advantage."

You've also missed quite a lot of my other points (see previous pages about Plat-only limited-edition low-leveled twink items and rings).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I find it laughable that anyone can say a permanent luck bonus is not an "edge" or "advantage." How is it not an advantage to always have a greater chance of getting loot? Is loot suddenly worthless in this game? Because it wasn't last time I checked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I find it laughable that anyone can say a permanent luck bonus is not an "edge" or "advantage." How is it not an advantage to always have a greater chance of getting loot? Is loot suddenly worthless in this game? Because it wasn't last time I checked.
    People usually then try to formulate an argument by saying "well, 15% is not that much luck and has no impact on the economy" An advantage is still an advantage. If Big Luck gave a wearer 15% chance to crit, then I highly doubt advocates would be making the same type of argument

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    People usually then try to formulate an argument by saying "well, 15% is not that much luck and has no impact on the economy" An advantage is still an advantage. If Big Luck gave a wearer 15% chance to crit, then I highly doubt advocates would be making the same type of argument
    LOL that would be to OP (15% crit) I could make a set that would have 98% crit with mage buffs mixing oranges and greens. I don't wanna see a bird with 98% crit would be sad for all other classes.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesn't give an advantage, it gives an option. This isn't the only item in the game that gives you a luck advantage. If it's an advantage to people who can afford the hat, then elixirs are an advantage to people who can afford to spend extra coins. When/if they come out with a vanity hat that gives something that you can't buy with fake currency, then it could be considered as an advantage. For now you can either pay 15 plat or 1500 coins a run. Even if the 1500 coins has to be paid every run, I don't see how you could come out losing money with it. If you're running BS for drops then 150k buys 100 elixirs/runs and around 7.5 hours. In AO you should make most of that back just from trash drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by judgementbow View Post
    It doesn't give an advantage, it gives an option. This isn't the only item in the game that gives you a luck advantage. If it's an advantage to people who can afford the hat, then elixirs are an advantage to people who can afford to spend extra coins. When/if they come out with a vanity hat that gives something that you can't buy with fake currency, then it could be considered as an advantage. For now you can either pay 15 plat or 1500 coins a run. Even if the 1500 coins has to be paid every run, I don't see how you could come out losing money with it. If you're running BS for drops then 150k buys 100 elixirs/runs and around 7.5 hours. In AO you should make most of that back just from trash drops.
    well said..... but to fund the pots by running AO maps is not a long term solution .
    IGN: Inching

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm not in a hurry to quit I am still going to support the devs, but I feel bad for people struggling to "keep up" with everyone else in terms of Platinum. The tapjoy wall is there but sometimes it isn't enough - especially for the tens of thousands of Droid users.

I'm just a big fan for equality, and stat-driven equips only purchasable by cash does not constitute as an equal opportunity for all.

I agree that this was a great move to make everything more affordable for everyone - reduced campaign prices, reduced Vanity item prices and all in the while realizing that they'd take a large hit in profit. They've done nearly everything right in this game so far and that is why I devote so much time in trying to promote PL by helping people (and I'm sure you, Phar, share the same feelings). If they did not care about customer satisfaction, I don't think we would be such devotees It's just this aspect that I believe should be tweaked; making stat-driven equips/vanity items purchasable by gold too would be an easy solution. That way, players less fortunate can simply devote more time into gold farming/item farming than reaching over a credit card to purchase such items.
    I must agree with you here, the devs have done everything right. Then their rare mess up (Shadow Caves), they spent tireless hours trying to make it right. You know, I actually think the 100% drop rate was a crafty trick. They flooded the market with super gears right before a major update, if the shadow gears were super hard to farm day one, then there would be like... 10 sets in the game? Sneaky Sneaky devs....

Then for the tapjoy wall, the devs have no control over this. They can only give free platinum when a company buys advertising space. So any time a new client buys advertisement space on Tapjoy, the devs sure are quick in getting it onto the game for players to download.

P.S. - Decorated Antlers were 15 plat, no bonus, just a vanity. Players still purchased it. The 15 plat cost is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I must agree with you here, the devs have done everything right. Then their rare mess up (Shadow Caves), they spent tireless hours trying to make it right. You know, I actually think the 100% drop rate was a crafty trick. They flooded the market with super gears right before a major update, if the shadow gears were super hard to farm day one, then there would be like... 10 sets in the game? Sneaky Sneaky devs....

Then for the tapjoy wall, the devs have no control over this. They can only give free platinum when a company buys advertising space. So any time a new client buys advertisement space on Tapjoy, the devs sure are quick in getting it onto the game for players to download.

P.S. - Decorated Antlers were 15 plat, no bonus, just a vanity. Players still purchased it. The 15 plat cost is fine.
    I'm perfectly fine with Vanity equips WITHOUT stat-boosters even if they cost 50 Plat each. I just didn't think it was fair for all when a permaluck Vanity helm was released for Platinum only. The tapjoy offers for free plat is a wonderful idea...but there are limitations. The Droid tapjoy wall is a barren, dead wasteland. You literally get one new offer every other day. I never do Tapjoy offers on my Droid, but there's only 4 available ones atm. So Droid users are at an extremely huge disadvantage in trying to purchase the Big Luck hat (released for ~7 days, that's still below 15 Platinum unless they have had leftover platinum). STS has no control over this though...so I can only guess that it'll take time for Tapjoy offers to start filling up for the Droid.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm perfectly fine with Vanity equips WITHOUT stat-boosters even if they cost 50 Plat each. I just didn't think it was fair for all when a permaluck Vanity helm was released for Platinum only. The tapjoy offers for free plat is a wonderful idea...but there are limitations. The Droid tapjoy wall is a barren, dead wasteland. You literally get one new offer every other day. I never do Tapjoy offers on my Droid, but there's only 4 available ones atm. So Droid users are at an extremely huge disadvantage in trying to purchase the Big Luck hat (released for ~7 days, that's still below 15 Platinum unless they have had leftover platinum). STS has no control over this though...so I can only guess that it'll take time for Tapjoy offers to start filling up for the Droid.
    Droid users are at a huge disadvantage overall. Ipod is older and much more perfected, Droid is like a gifted Athlete vs Kobe Bryant. Which one is naturally good and which one has wise talent? Then not to mention that PL WAS made to function on Ipods best. Droid users are dealing with so many bugs and fixes right now, reminds me of when PL first got to the ipod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Guess we'll find out soon enough. I chose to take the the risk of not buying one, and hopefully I won't come to regret it. But if this is the direction PL is going in anyway, I'll probably have to make this decision a few more times in the future, so might as well be firm now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PL will go to the direction is which it has the highest revenue projection.... so if the projection is on even a gameboy then thats where it will go... everything is revenue driven, dont kid urselves.
    IGN: Inching

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    PL will go to the direction is which it has the highest revenue projection.... so if the projection is on even a gameboy then thats where it will go... everything is revenue driven, dont kid urselves.
    Excellent point, I thought about pointing that out, but I decided not to. Too many players believe that if this company wants to make money, they are automatically "Evil". Not pointing to anyone on the forums, the forums really understands many aspects of the game that players who have never visited the forums once before don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes making money isn't evil, I just am against the fact that people who pay more get an advantage. However it is a good way to encourage purchase of platinum. There really is no right answer is there? *Hits debate with a flaming hammer* We...just...need...to...stop...debating!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Epic troll. +1 random merit. Btw it's fruit not cookies.
    Lizardfeather|Ventesia|Yraelia
    Roleplayer's Guild

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardfeather View Post
    Yes making money isn't evil, I just am against the fact that people who pay more get an advantage. However it is a good way to encourage purchase of platinum. There really is no right answer is there? *Hits debate with a flaming hammer* We...just...need...to...stop...debating!!!
    Which will never happen, especially with not enough posts being made on this forum. Debating is something... to do at least. Especially for your hardcore forumers like me, hitting the whats new button 30 times a minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol you're right. Have fun doing that :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Epic troll. +1 random merit. Btw it's fruit not cookies.
    Lizardfeather|Ventesia|Yraelia
    Roleplayer's Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    well said..... but to fund the pots by running AO maps is not a long term solution .
    I only meant that running AO would cost you no extra money. A long term solution is to simply play until you get the drop you're seeking. I always thought items/elixirs for extra luck were always an "extra" part of the game. If you are willing to spend 150k for around 7 hours of extra luck running BS then you are willing to either lose this for no gain, make close to 7 times this amount with the right drop, or run another dungeon in between BS runs to fund it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sounds good to me judgement, a player who is willing to spend 150k fake gold, should also be willing to spend a dollar fifty real money.

Then if the problem is you missed the event, from judging this event, there will be future ones just like it, sit back and enjoy the ride.