Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lovecrafting 2016 Official Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I understand STS needs to recycle content, it makes good business sense and saves on development costs. However, this particular event is almost a carbon copy of last year. When recycling events in the future, I would hope STS would 'up the game' by including new, interesting, and desirable items, as they have done in the past.

• I am looking forward to Hugthulu, but I hope he will still drop ankhs, teeth, tokens, etc.
    • The backpack vanity is not very exciting. I already have several backpack vanities and I don't use them. Front-facing vanity has more importance for me. If it had been purchasable with tokens I may have gotten one.
    • I like gold love, but I won't be buying anything else at the vendor except love potions.
    • The recolored vanities aren't attractive enough for most players to take the time to work for. It's obvious the very talented folks in the art department were unable to spend enough time on recoloring the vanities. They look either washed out or too dark.
    • Making the special red toga/gold wings easily available is a little disappointing. It was so hard to get that last year. Imho, it should have remained exclusive to last year's participants.
    • The reason the potions bar has taken so long to fill is that there isn't anything to look forward to. If we knew Hugthulu had a chance for awesome loot to drop, that bar would have been filled in 3-4 days. Right now the pace is 10-11 days.

For an event to be successful, players need something good to look forward to. I can't emphasize this point enough. Why do events exist, if not to grant players solid, one-time opportunities for character improvement? If there are no real opportunities, the event will feel dull. A dull event causes apathy to spread throughout the game. That's what happened during the winter event.

I suspect the reason this event isn't as great as it could be is that STS is heavily focused on the expansion and the awesome changes coming in the next client release. I'm genuinely excited about what's coming, but I encourage STS to make the game a little more fun in the meantime.
    Last edited by Niixed; 02-17-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post: