Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Good Skill Masteries for ALL Classes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    Then its even more useless.. if u cannot kill em?? But not tested, so i should shut up lol.. the wind mastery pretty nice though, never used shield, but use necro 95% of the time, still beeing stunned by mages in planar with necro, didnt with wind mastery... had to move alott more from red zones now due to loosing str and armor when taking wind mastery though (said before lol).
    LOL its not arcane deary proc, they are permantly stunned, but can take damage.
    Imagine a really really long fireball stun

I really recommend you give it a try xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Hmm , the mage ones are useless , except clock and shield.... Curse reducing crit is like nerfing it self. We want rogs to crit while under curse , so they will take back more damage . Gale might be good for just some of the left over take users out there , tough nekro shields come in place , making it useless. And lightning : 1% damage per one point ? Seriously ?
    The thing with Curse is that no matter how much damage an enemy deals, it always returns the same set value of dmg so reducing critical chance doesn't nerf it at all. Heres how Curse works as an example: A normal enemy deals 100 dmg to me and they are cursed,he will receive 400 dmg back. An elite enemy deals 2500 dmg to me and he are also cursed, he will also receive 400 dmg back. Also 10% dmg can really make a big difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

helped me a lot thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behoove View Post
    helped me a lot thx
    You're welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The thing with gale mastery is that , u have to know whether u would be stunned/frozen beforehand or not. Then cast before u get stunned/frozen, otherwise it's utterly useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidkhanna15 View Post
    The thing with gale mastery is that , u have to know whether u would be stunned/frozen beforehand or not. Then cast before u get stunned/frozen, otherwise it's utterly useless.
    At 10/10,it lasts for 4 seconds, making it very likely to remove debuffs. This works well with Gale's cool down of 5 seconds,only giving a very short 1 second window of vulnerability.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 03-20-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    No they're not. Buffs to damage reduction and buffs to armor are both..well.. buffs to armor. And buffs to the same stat don't stack.
    No they are not. Damage reduction, be it lix or not, does not add armor.
    Last edited by TW84; 03-20-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Axe Throw mastery at 5/10 taunts a lot. Bleed effect is nice and also adds many Aegis stacks! Got 9 "!"-marks over a mobs head throwing it first time. Seems to consistently taunt a lot. Excellent in a boss fight!

But I would like to know if Windmill mastery can add more than 1 target if I go to more than 1/10 in it?

Would be nice if there was a thread with all accumulated masteries. For each stage of mastery. Not just the ones, one person, deem to be "good".

PS. Thanks a lot on current info tho!
    Last edited by TW84; 03-20-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo.
    But rooted mobs inside a "normal" 5/5 clock can still attack people. Frozen cannot.
    Last edited by TW84; 03-20-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    No they're not. Buffs to damage reduction and buffs to armor are both..well.. buffs to armor. And buffs to the same stat don't stack.
    Are you positive about this? I always thought damage reduction buff don't affect armor which is different from armor buff which actually increases your armor. I thought they stacked. Because what you are inciting is that a mages arcane shield which has damage reduction or a warriors juggernaut skill which also has damage reduction doesn't stack with buffs that directly increase armor value. I have yet to know anyone that has claimed this is true.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 03-20-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Yes but it it's a bit rare that enemies will reach the absorption limit of arcane shield.
    Your not farming in elites? Or even the Planar tombs? Enemies ALWAYS reach absorption limit back when there was no skill mastery.

Coalhouse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TW84 View Post
    Axe Throw mastery at 5/10 taunts a lot. Bleed effect is nice and also adds many Aegis stacks! Got 9 "!"-marks over a mobs head throwing it first time. Seems to consistently taunt a lot. Excellent in a boss fight!

But I would like to know if Windmill mastery can add more than 1 target if I go to more than 1/10 in it?

Would be nice if there was a thread with all accumulated masteries. For each stage of mastery. Not just the ones, one person, deem to be "good".

PS. Thanks a lot on current info tho!
    With 10/10 in Windmill mastery, It can target extra 5 mobs. 1 extra target gets added per 2 skill points used. For detailed info for each stage of mastery check this thread:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?304518-Skill-Masteries-Progression-per-Level&p=2422176#post2422176
    Last edited by Shobhit Chaturvedi; 03-21-2016 at 12:44 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shobhit Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shobhit Chaturvedi View Post
    With 10/10 in Windmill mastery, It can target extra 5 mobs. 1 extra target gets added per 2 skill points used. For detailed info for each stage of mastery check this thread:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...76#post2422176
    Thanks, same guy who made this thread. Hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

excellent analysis of the new skill masteries, thank you for taking time to explore this and report back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

what is good for mage for mastery? I tried Gale / ICE and shield mostly are ok....

Don't like curse (long CD) / heal sapling is nab / ice lightning Crit (not very useful as only 1% each level) / FB reduce mana is nab too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this build for pvp?

Sent from my A11w using Tapatalk

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Just to clarify on the armor/damage reduction, as well as the damage % versus raw damage values.

Armor % bonus is not the same as a damage reduction bonus and they do indeed stack. This means you can stack the Warriors armor bonus, then shadow veil on top of that armr bonus for a % gain, and then add damage reduction on top of that and it all plays nicely together. These are the sorts of synergies we encourage players to explore and find as a part fo the rogue armor reduction, as all of these elements combining together makes a very tanky rogue indeed. In PvE the benefit of multiple classes and abilities helps everyone compensate for their shortcomings for a more unified PvE experience. PvP is a diferent monster, but everyone seems to be exploring and finding the right ways to use these new masteries to each others benefit.

Damage wise the raw values do scale as the OP stated, but damage % bonus does not stack with other damage % bonus as it will use the highest value. Raw values can be scaled by the damage % bonus for even more damage. An example of this is the Glintstone Gun proc.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Just to clarify on the armor/damage reduction, as well as the damage % versus raw damage values.

Armor % bonus is not the same as a damage reduction bonus and they do indeed stack. This means you can stack the Warriors armor bonus, then shadow veil on top of that armr bonus for a % gain, and then add damage reduction on top of that and it all plays nicely together. These are the sorts of synergies we encourage players to explore and find as a part fo the rogue armor reduction, as all of these elements combining together makes a very tanky rogue indeed. In PvE the benefit of multiple classes and abilities helps everyone compensate for their shortcomings for a more unified PvE experience. PvP is a diferent monster, but everyone seems to be exploring and finding the right ways to use these new masteries to each others benefit.

Damage wise the raw values do scale as the OP stated, but damage % bonus does not stack with other damage % bonus as it will use the highest value. Raw values can be scaled by the damage % bonus for even more damage. An example of this is the Glintstone Gun proc.
    I enjoy using veil again. Dropped it when i finished the glintstone set. Its a very good survivability skill.
    Avy
    12-2012

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

So arcane shield damage 'reduction' is different from 'absorption' care to elaborate? Hardly see any difference when i use this mastery CD same no other effects or whatsoever, if no neckro shield i am dead meat when no shield or heal against others in pvp ..