Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whispers of a new pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Whispers of a new pet

Hey guys. Ok so I was in glintstone just chilling, and all of a sudden I heard the gnomes talk about a new pet. At first I was like nah that won't happen. But as I walked around every gnome seems to be talking about it. I tried eavesdropping on them. I was being really stealthy that they didn't even know I was there and just minded their own buisness

P.S sts it would be great if this happens especially if it's a GIANT
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Deathlyreaper; 04-09-2016 at 11:19 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Hmm intresting not sure how I feel about worms though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I love the Dune reference hinted at in a worm pet. It will move like the shark pets, I reckon. Nice spotting.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    I love the Dune reference hinted at in a worm pet. It will move like the shark pets, I reckon. Nice spotting.
    I will name him, Shai Hulud and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him.....

Time for the Super Coffee Bonus Combo Multiplier Finishing Move!

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    I will name him, Shai Hulud and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him.....
    George!

11chars
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Worm pet? No just no.
    Since StS' s getting obsessed with insects, then why a worm, Why not an Ant? Mantis? why worms -.-
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Intous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I remember vroom addressed this in the chat box before (during the opening event). Apparently it's not a new pet coming, just that the gnomes really want them as a pet or something...
    Last edited by eugene9707; 04-13-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    Hey guys. Ok so I was in glintstone just chilling, and all of a sudden I heard the gnomes talk about a new pet. At first I was like nah that won't happen. But as I walked around every gnome seems to be talking about it. I tried eavesdropping on them. I was being really stealthy that they didn't even know I was there and just minded their own buisness

P.S sts it would be great if this happens especially if it's a GIANT
    LOL... Good catch but..... #NoMorePetsPleaseSTS..............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Why not new pets? The moment STS stops releasing new pets, we'll know they've given up on AL lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intous View Post
    Worm pet? No just no.
    Since StS' s getting obsessed with insects, then why a worm, Why not an Ant? Mantis? why worms -.-

Why don't u like worms? #LoveWorms #StopDiscriminatingAgaisntWorms #TheyArePetsToo #TheyAreBeautifullInThierOwnWay(Lol).

Imagine a giant one as your pet (kinda reminds me of the the giant slug that Tsunade has in Naruto). It would be great if that pet is mythic or arcane. And it's aa is poison which gives HUGE dot. What if it's a craftable like nekro, ooooh that would be fun then players won't get bored so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Well, we've been getting pets....... Would really prefer to see a variety of new, attractive vanities.... Maybe even special vanities that are awarded for things like reaching a certain number of AP points, etc........ Something to sorta ignite "reason to play" playability....... Just my opinion...........
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 04-10-2016 at 10:36 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Well, we've been getting pets....... With the talk of new arcanes coming and the possibility of new gear coming, new pets in addition would just be too many things coming at us at 1 time...... Would really prefer to see a variety of new, attractive vanities.... Maybe even special vanities that are awarded for things like reaching certain number of AP points, etc........ Just my opinion...........
    Pets are useful in combat and allow for changes in gameplay. Vanities are a waste of inventory space. Might as well just play a fashion game if that's what we want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Pets are useful in combat and allow for changes in gameplay. Vanities are a waste of inventory space. Might as well just play a fashion game if that's what we want
    Yeah, pets are useful in battle but, is there really a need for any new ones ATM? Vanities are a waste of inventory space? The inventory is already adjusted so that you can have a gazillion jewels without each individually counting towards your total inventory count, so, what's clogging your inventory? Besides, vanities aren't about fashion, it's more about being able to be uniquely distinguished from other players in the game opposed to seeing numerous players that visually appear the same as you do.......... Helps you stand out more.......

Nothing wrong with looking different..................
    Name:  chanel_armor_1.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  33.1 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Can we have a kitten pet please :3, melting down the enemy using cuteness attack :3 , or Siberian tiger, or girrafe, butterfly is okay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default Whispers of a new pet

Yeah, pets are useful in battle but, is there really a need for any new ones ATM? Vanities are a waste of inventory space? The inventory is already adjusted so that you can have a gazillion jewels without each individually counting towards your total inventory count, so, what's clogging your inventory? Besides, vanities aren't about fashion, it's more about being able to be uniquely distinguished from other players in the game opposed to seeing numerous players that visually appear the same as you do.......... Helps you stand out more.......

Nothing wrong with looking different..................
    Our uniqueness is not based on our looks but our personality in game. I will rather have devs focus on improving game play (yes, even with new pets), loot, and fixing bugs as opposed to just catering to our aesthetic whims and release new vanities. I even resent the early expansion because it seems to have been done quite haphazardly, and we've all had to deal with the bugs that came with it.

As much as I know you're tired of the recolored stuff they come out with, I will be more grateful if they attend to more pressing matters in game than the artistic department.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Our uniqueness is not based on our looks but our personality in game. I will rather have devs focus on improving game play (yes, even with new pets), loot, and fixing bugs as opposed to just catering to our aesthetic whims and release new vanities. I even resent the early expansion because it seems to have been done quite haphazardly, and we've all had to deal with the bugs that came with it.

As much as I know you're tired of the recolored stuff they come out with, I will be more grateful if they attend to more pressing matters in game than the artistic department.
    Well, you can go ahead and have a good time grinding for another munch mouth, stampy, gold tyrannica, arcane deary, etc....... Like you said, they ARE useful in battle.... Which makes me wonder, why is everyone mainly using mariodos and nekro?????????

My main point, if the release of another useless pet is what's most likely inevitable, what's the point of spending time in that department for now with the anticipated release of so many other things????? The thoughts of other players has been parallel to mines when it comes to vanities, yet, you are the only person who I have seen so revved up about the release of another pet......... Jus sayin...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Well, you can go ahead and have a good time grinding for another munch mouth, stampy, gold tyrannica, arcane deary, etc....... Like you said, they ARE useful in battle.... Which makes me wonder, why is everyone mainly using mariodos and nekro?????????

My main point, if the release of another useless pet is what's most likely inevitable, what's the point of spending time in that department for now with the anticipated release of so many other things????? The thoughts of other players has been parallel to mines when it comes to vanities, yet, you are the only person who I have seen so revved up about the release of another pet......... Jus sayin...........
    Not exactly revved up about another pet. Just that it precedes vanities for me.

My thoughts: fix bugs > ensure skills and gear/proc mechanisms are working properly > fix loot table > better quests > useful pet > vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Not exactly revved up about another pet. Just that it precedes vanities for me.

My thoughts: fix bugs > ensure skills and gear/proc mechanisms are working properly > fix loot table > better quests > useful pet > vanity.
    Ok... Cool.... Well, this thread was originally about pets and we are getting a bit off topic so I will end my posts in this thread..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Vanities lets you express yourself through your character, and make it your own. What if all the characters looked the same?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well what makes a char? his name, his attitude, his personality, his sanity, his skills, his stats, his pets and their names, his class ofc, aaand last and LEAST his vanity.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Intous For This Useful Post: