Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Alienating Solo Players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    So I just ran Elite Ren'Gol (solo, as I usually do) and it felt more difficult than it did before this week's update. The mobs are hitting harder, and possibly even have more health. I consider myself relatively well geared - I'm using Nekro and razor shield mastery with arcane and mythic gear, yet I'm still finding myself going from full health to 0 health in an instant from some auto attacks by the mobs. This didn't happen to me before the update. I know that a lot of players don't run maps by themselves, but it would be nice if the game stayed possible to play solo at end game. I don't want it easy by any means, but I see no reason for difficulty to be "padded" up like other maps have been in the past, especially without any new loot in the maps. Maybe it's just a way for STS to push the new set onto us and force us into getting rid of our old gear. Either way, I'm finding it very impractical (almost impossible) to effectively solo elite Ren'Gol like I did before. I just want the game to be playable at end game without needing a full party of maxed gear players.

EDIT: After trying out some other maps, after hearing that other people are having similar issues, I am CONVINCED that level 56 elite mobs have been given a damage boost. I tried out elite Shuyal, elite Tindirin and elite Ren'Gol and they all feel like they are doing more damage than before.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ty-at-level-56

Also noticed normal ren'gol maps are doing more dmg too.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    The M in MMO means multiplayer. Its not a solo player game. Most of the "balance issues" arise because the loners among us unnecessarily view it from a single-player perspective. The game needs to be viewed as a team game and changes should be made while always prioritizing this aspect - play together as a team. Maps should not be possible to be done solo.

Like PVE, PVP should also be played as a team-game. In PVP in other games its been seen that "ganking" is a strategy. If you are jungling solo when it is time to gang enemies, you are deemed a noob. And in AL, in team game of 5 and 5, players strut around judging themselves and those around them based on solo v solo. That perspective needs to change and focus of the game needs to go to "playing as a party/team". Unnecessary nerfs to classes and "balance problems" have arisen out of this "solo outlook" in a multiplayer game.

What we need in the game - combined skills (that requires all 3 classes), harder mobs on pve maps, team victories for pvp.
    Massively multiplayer, not mandatory multiplayer. The very concept of a mobile mmo is that you can pick it up, play for 10 minutes while you wait for the bus, then log off again. That's how they market the game. Forcing people to only run in parties (without allowing for soloing) completely defeats that concept. MMO doesn't mean you have to run with other people, it means everyone is in the same world where they can interact with each other if they choose. It should never be a forced thing. It hasn't been for 3 1/2 years.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    The M in MMO means multiplayer. Its not a solo player game. Most of the "balance issues" arise because the loners among us unnecessarily view it from a single-player perspective. The game needs to be viewed as a team game and changes should be made while always prioritizing this aspect - play together as a team. Maps should not be possible to be done solo.

Like PVE, PVP should also be played as a team-game. In PVP in other games its been seen that "ganking" is a strategy. If you are jungling solo when it is time to gang enemies, you are deemed a noob. And in AL, in team game of 5 and 5, players strut around judging themselves and those around them based on solo v solo. That perspective needs to change and focus of the game needs to go to "playing as a party/team". Unnecessary nerfs to classes and "balance problems" have arisen out of this "solo outlook" in a multiplayer game.

What we need in the game - combined skills (that requires all 3 classes), harder mobs on pve maps, team victories for pvp.
    I disagree with this assessment. MMO does mean massively multiplayer online, but does not mean you are, or should, be required to play with other players. If my enjoyment of the game relies on whether or not other people are online, willing to run certain maps, have certain gear, have the right spec, I'm going to be finding myself enjoying the game less and less as it moves forward. Any player should be able to enjoy the game without the requirement of 3 other people being online and willing to run your specific map with you at any given time. As Serancha mentioned, the mobile MMO that is Arcane Legends is advertised as a "pick up and play" game. If I have to wait 2 hours for someone to be willing to run the ever-increasing-in-difficulty-with-no-new-rewards maps of the end game, and have it not be possible without other people, that is by no means "pick up and play".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Can you show us a video of solo? Arena or the new maps is fine.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Have u played arena alone since cap came? It's pretty easy to beat by yourself now dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdadon View Post
    Have u played arena alone since cap came? It's pretty easy to beat by yourself now dude
    Ye, my solo time is 1:44...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Have you taken into account that right when expansion hit or when level cap came. Wasn't sure which one lol. ROGUE did get a huge nerfed in armor. So the way I see it. Rogue got weaker in armor by huge amount, while capping to 56 and of course end game elite mob get scaled to 56 thus getting stronger. So if you're wondering why they are getting stronger. That's probably why and sts is doing this because they want more variety of team play in end game elite or normal map such as underhul. Don't want mage/warrior to get left out anymore.

From what I've notice. Normal map underhul now is actually harder now for a team of rogue to tackle it then to just bring a warrior or Mage in cause it make things so much easier and faster and definitely warrior is killing off mobs easy and faster then rogue do in underhul and rogue is needed to of course speed up the boss kill. The way sts is headed is actually definitely the right direction in team play class equality for PVE.

So now you want end game to get Nerf so rogue as yourself can enjoy solo easier and faster and doesn't die? Half the world of arlor map elite are solo able and easy just saying or maybe try being a warrior. You can slowly kill things and complete the whole map and definitely won't die, will just be super slow like maybe 15-20mins. Just saying.

All I know is. Rogue can't survive and take hits as hard as before since that armor Nerf. Rogue once had normal armor base with armor passive around 2100 actually close to 2200. Now if you look at with even the right gears if you're going for armors it's like 1900 at most without losing HUGE amount of damage and if you want to stick to damage or just balance in between the two. Rogue is now average at 1700-1800 armor.

So it's not the PVE MOBS. ITS ROGUE that's being fixed to balance between the 3 class as all 3 class is needed for elite maps etc etc for efficient farming or just game play.
    Last edited by twoxc; 04-25-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    Have you taken into account that right when expansion hit or when level cap came. Wasn't sure which one lol. ROGUE did get a huge nerfed in armor. So the way I see it. Rogue got weaker in armor by huge amount, while capping to 56 and of course end game elite mob get scaled to 56 thus getting stronger. So if you're wondering why they are getting stronger. That's probably why and sts is doing this because they want more variety of team play in end game elite or normal map such as underhul. Don't want mage/warrior to get left out anymore.

From what I've notice. Normal map underhul now is actually harder now for a team of rogue to tackle it then to just bring a warrior or Mage in cause it make things so much easier and faster and definitely warrior is killing off mobs easy and faster then rogue do in underhul and rogue is needed to of course speed up the boss kill. The way sts is headed is actually definitely the right direction in team play class equality for PVE.

So now you want end game to get Nerf so rogue as yourself can enjoy solo easier and faster and doesn't die? Half the world of arlor map elite are solo able and easy just saying or maybe try being a warrior. You can slowly kill things and complete the whole map and definitely won't die, will just be super slow like maybe 15-20mins. Just saying.

All I know is. Rogue can't survive and take hits as hard as before since that armor Nerf. Rogue once had normal armor base with armor passive around 2100 actually close to 2200. Now if you look at with even the right gears if you're going for armors it's like 1900 at most without losing HUGE amount of damage and if you want to stick to damage or just balance in between the two. Rogue is now average at 1700-1800 armor.

So it's not the PVE MOBS. ITS ROGUE that's being fixed to balance between the 3 class as all 3 class is needed for elite maps etc etc for efficient farming or just game play.
    I am aware of the armor nerf for rogues. And honestly, I was able to solo elite ren'gol with a death here or there if I got stunned by a group of mobs while my razor or nekro were both on cool down and got smacked by a bomb (90% hp in 1 shot) and some autos, even after the rogue armor nerf. After this last update where I ran ren'gol the first run, I must have died 15-20 times on 1 run from being 1-shot by nothing but auto attacks. This thread has really become more of a "why did the mobs get a dmg buff last update" rather than "I can't solo" thread. Something did change when this last update got rolled out - to the mobs that scale to the current level cap. They got increased damage. Carapace said that it was unintentional if they did, so I am hoping the dev team can look into it when they get back into the office in 8 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

thank you for this post. This is indeed true.

I just hope they will check this out and investigate to get it fixed. Some of us use elite maps to gather APS while taking time to level but having this issue is now affecting players (like me) who wanted to level up while doing APS. (/_\)

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Arena hasn't been scaled up for 2 seasons. I don't think that counts as elite anymore.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

So we did scale the higher end of the attributes for Ren'gol for level 61+, however this should not have made a noticeable change even at level 56. Having said that, there are adjustments coming soon but they are going to be based on the new Elite content about to release and not on the previous content values. Thank you for finding and pointing this out.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

So I was in elite rengol soloing today and the mobs do appear stronger. I will also add that the suicide archer did not die when he threw his suicide grenade. Something strange I thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    So we did scale the higher end of the attributes for Ren'gol for level 61+, however this should not have made a noticeable change even at level 56. Having said that, there are adjustments coming soon but they are going to be based on the new Elite content about to release and not on the previous content values. Thank you for finding and pointing this out.
    Hy.....just a question: when are you going to downcale to current lvl 56?

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I knew it! Area 51 buff/nerf program strikes again.

The aliens have landed, and there working for Sts!

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Why did you scale Ren'gol (previous caps maps (lvl46)) to ??LVL 61+?? I mean it's lvl 56 cap now, so what is the reason for lvl 61+?
    We need party-option for raid! :P

18. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    Why did you scale Ren'gol (previous caps maps (lvl46)) to ??LVL 61+?? I mean it's lvl 56 cap now, so what is the reason for lvl 61+?
    i think he meant rengol will be able to scale up until 61, so it is competitive ready until the next expansion,

anyway, i think the root of the problem is scale up... with how damage reduction is calculated, (and how manacost increasing by level), scaling up mobs level contradicts progression of players, making them relatively weaker than in their previous levels, by most players' logic, you should absolutely be stronger by each level. ofc it is possible to keep the difficulty reasonable, but devs need to be proactive, testing, and tweaking the parameters by actual playing data/information. but it's not easy to do, and may take focus out of from improving new maps. here, some quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdadon View Post
    Yea rengol got scaled up it's way harder at 56 when it should be easier if we're going by common logic
    and the other is scaling by number of party, making runs in party not always give positive value nor increased effectiveness. increasing the reluctance of running in parties. i think you should either remove this scaling, or provide an option to choose between running in a full scaled, full difficulty maps, or normal soloable maps. you can probably make it to turn on if we're running in a pre-invited party members. and ofc, give additional incentives to run in this pre-invited party. or make this as a mandatory when running timed lb. or a tiered elite, like his idea:
    Quote Originally Posted by Opry View Post
    1. i want more customisable inventory, such all the same item will be stackable, and we have like expand button, so we can delete all the same thing once or one by one from expanded button. it will help so we must not scrolling a hundred same item to get what we need in the bottom if the inventory
    2. i want like elite maps have tier, maybe easy, normal, hard. so player with lowest gear can farming too but offcourse with lower drop rate. and the hard one is for overpowered player which still want play with stategy in adition increased drop rate.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

At least this time you guys admit it. Anyway did you try the map after you scaled it? How did you conclude that it shouldn't be a problem for level 56? Remember we're level 56 wearing a mix of level 41 and 46 gear, not level 61.

Also I noticed the same ridiculous ninja scaling had been done to Shuyal elite, not just Ren'gol.