Thread: Item/pet rarity classifications have lost their meaning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    I'm also one of those old school players and I do have to say Maarkus makes many valid points. Back in the days "Arcanes/Mythics" has a special meaning and place. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics is a joke a best. You have Arcane pets that's less desirable than it's Mythic counterparts. You have newly minted Arcanes that's less desirable than lvl 51 Mythics or even lvl 46 Arcanes/Mythics.

Back then, Arcanes were selling for 25-100m because they were the best and you know it will be relevant for many expansion to come. Arcane Ring is still considered the best ring in game today and it's been out since Tindrin. Nowadays, Arcanes/Mythics are so common and the stats are barely worth the investment.

In regards to farming, back then, you can thrive in an expansion with just Legendary items. Nowadays, a full set of Antignome doesn't mean much cuz the maps are so difficult. Try thriving on Legendary items nowadays you'll be laughed at. STS have created the notion that there are things to farm for such as the Antignome/Banished sets. To those that have made hundreds even thousands of runs what have you looted so far??? I can say I have looted a "RECIPE"... oh wow... Hundreds of runs, many many pots and ankhs used for a "RECIPE". If you were a hardcore farmer in the old days you are GUARANTEED to come out ahead cuz Legendary items were worth a lot of gold. I remembered selling Magma Assault for $5m gold, Archon Ring of Potency for $7m. Yes, Arcanes/Mythics were expensive but they were not unobtainable. There were things to look forward to farming back then, now the only real viable option is KM3..

I too would like to see Arcanes/Mythics drop from mobs/bosses but we all know that's not going to happen cuz STS needs to make their money to keep things running. If mobs/bosses drop Arcanes/Mythics/Set Items... etc.. lockeds would be worthless.

This is not an attack on anyone, just my 2 cents on the state of AL...

Back then ppl that were opening lockeds were complaining that not enough arcane items drops. Now we complain that to many drop. Also because of the bigger chance to loot arcane items alot more ppl are buying and opening lockeds. And im sure from tindirin to now the number of players has increased alot more thats why the big amount of arcane and mythics, because of players like to the the risk now. Main reason ppl are complaining is because sts releases to many items to soon and the hard earn gold over the season now is going to waste. As i said stuff that can affect game play should not be exclusive to the richest players, how arcane ring was. That was absurb. I farmed alot back then and i farm alot now, but at least now i can afford to get best items. Only exclusive items to make you feel rich and stand out should be vanities and other stuff that dont affect game play. Set items no matter what it was a very good ideea. The problem is not the set but the way to manny one hits that you get from boss or some mobs.

PS: Tindirin best legeendary weapons came from lockeds - Bow for rogue, gun for mage, and for warrior i think best weapon dropped from 4th map of tindirin.

If you really wanna complain about something, complain about the fact that they made all coins and teeth tradable. Whatbwad worth farming a month ago has no value now.
    Last edited by Memnochthedevil; 07-07-2016 at 10:37 AM.