Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes (7/21/16)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Here's my points:

1. Entire reason rogue can survive even a little bit right now is due to Nekro shield. Developers need to test what happens to rogue when they do not have a Nekro shield. This is exactly what ends up happening in clash. You wait for the rogue's Nekro shield to go down, then you rush him or her and light him or her up.

2. Nerfs are not the answer. Buffs are. Nerfs make people want to quit because time invested in their character ends up being for nothing. This should have been realized when rogue armor was nerfed.

3. Increase rogue contribution to a team. It's abysmal, at best. That is what needs to be fixed and it needs to be done in a way that does not include nerfing the other classes.

Suggestions:

1. 50% damage reduction on razor shield
    2. Increasing potency of Aimed Shot
    3. Heavy armor increase (must combine with another suggestion, or it alone won't work)

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to chime in.
    Your suggestion will make the rogue a ultimate killer.

50% reduction sounds like giving arcane shield to a rogue.

I have more to say but I don't have time to write all those things . later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post

Razor dont last so long as mage shield,keep that in mind. From what i have seen rogues aka ninjas in other mmorpg games are "killers". Rogue lost her meaning and usefulness right after armor have been nerfed. I suggest to bring all things back like it was before and then start to searching whats issue in class balance, because now all we see is only nerfs which dont make any sense at all. Sorry we can't call it " balance "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post

Razor shield lasts 5 to 8 seconds, it doesn't last as long as either of the two other classes shields.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Glad to see nerfs being taken into consideration.

But tbh, who cares about PvP in this game. Go balance Call of Champions Vroom!!1!1!1!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

thanks sts now the 12 million gold I just spent to gear mage is useless, if u nerf shield then I will not be able to stay alive long enough to even charge my attacks ,because rogues already one shot me when shield is fading, and I have over 6ooo health, I quit tank because rogues are dealing so much crit and damage now ,as soon as jugg fades ,they one shot you armour is 3197 with arc sword,not only is this happening to me ,but many more. So congrats you have taken a game I love, the only game I play or have played in 15 years and ruined it,now u want to further destroy it,so why not just save all of us non rogues the time ,effort ,energy and money and just call it rogue legends and ,cancel all classes in game but rogues, or at least sell us bullseye patterned vanities, sts you couldn't have gotten it more wrong if you tried,yay you missed the whole point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Played arcane legends 15 years o.o, This game has been running since 2012, correct me if I'm wrong, if yes, then congratulations brother, you have leaped through time.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Most rogues here use the argument that in a clash, once a rogue's nekro shield is gone, he'd get rushed and die. My question is, where is the tank's shield? It IS a clash right? I'm sure most will not clash without a couple tanks in the team the majority of the times. It seems most rogues are omitting the fact that, in a clash, nekro's shield is not the only shield a rogue has.

I'm all for pvp balancing, but I think it's best to lay everything on the table instead of making arguments that will only benefit one single class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Is there a way to fix the balance issue without other classes being nerfed it could end up in disaster. I played all 3 classes in AL, rouges can easily break the arcane shied and even break through jugg as i have experienced it myself. I'm pretty sure next week there will be sorcerers and tanks complaining how weak their defense is and this will continue in a never ending cycle. If this is going to be implemented in AL it should be done for 1 week only and we will see how it goes.
    Last edited by Deathclaw; 07-22-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Assuming that these changes are implemented here is what will happen :
    Rogues stop complaining ------> Mages complaining about their shield being too weak and threatening to leave AL --------> Warriors back to complaining after a long pause -----------> mages and warrior retain their lost abilities ------------> Rogues complaining that they die too fast and usless on clashes ------> other classes get nerfed -------> Endless cycle.
    this is what will happen I assure you
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Most rogues here use the argument that in a clash, once a rogue's nekro shield is gone, he'd get rushed and die. My question is, where is the tank's shield? It IS a clash right? I'm sure most will not clash without a couple tanks in the team the majority of the times. It seems most rogues are omitting the fact that, in a clash, nekro's shield is not the only shield a rogue has.

I'm all for pvp balancing, but I think it's best to lay everything on the table instead of making arguments that will only benefit one single class.
    A rogue has only one reliable shield: that of Nekro. The rest of the shields are unreliable and are dependent on the skill and timing of the rogue's teammates. Nekro provides damage reduction and stun immunity. Once that is gone, the rogue can and will get targeted and nuked. Tank blows horn? One FB stun and you're rooted to the spot, during which your tank's shield has evaporated and the next tank can't shield you with horn again because of the 10 second cooldown. Cue a mage with Arcane shield rushing and nuking you to death. This is the reality of a rogue in a PvP clash.

I'm not for buffing one class and nerfing the others blindly as well, but there have been reasonable arguments here made for realistic adjustments to PvP to make the rogue an equal amongst tanks and mages, not the dominant class again. That is what we want.

A final note: a good tank and friend of mine said to me recently that people have lost the meaning of class roles in PvP. A reason why PvP has turned out like this may be because everyone wants to kill like a rogue. And eventually, changes were made such that rogues didn't matter anymore because other classes really did come to kill like rogues, but were far better because they could also play their own roles while killing. Some food for thought.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I don't know why rogues are complaining. 10 min ago I was spawned by a certain "pro" rogue in tdm. He used speed set to run from spawn to spawn and I died b4 I could even get nekro aa off. I have 6k hp. Why would u want to buff rogues or nerf mages when we all know rogues are still op. Just because one certain rogue is crying about mage stack doesn't mean whole end game pvp should be even more screwed up than it already is. This certain rogue has a mage he can use but chooses to sit in forums to cry about mage stack.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Devs

In the meeting earlier this week in which this course of action was decided, was there a spot at the table for the players? Someone should be acting as the in-house player advocate (devil's advocate? ). Players feel dictated to and left out of the decision making process, which, as you're witnessing here, creates turmoil and resentment. If these nerfs must happen, it would help immensely if you laid out the reasons why you believe nerfing is the best strategy in this scenario. Also, please tell us why you think no other course of action is viable. Some players have made suggestions that seem simple, logical and don't involve nerfing, but there hasn't been any response to them.
    This is what we are doing now, working through the issues with you. Extremely inconsistent feedback across the board btw.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shelllz View Post
    I don't know why rogues are complaining. 10 min ago I was spawned by a certain "pro" rogue in tdm. He used speed set to run from spawn to spawn and I died b4 I could even get nekro aa off. I have 6k hp. Why would u want to buff rogues or nerf mages when we all know rogues are still op. Just because one certain rogue is crying about mage stack doesn't mean whole end game pvp should be even more screwed up than it already is. This certain rogue has a mage he can use but chooses to sit in forums to cry about mage stack.

Then why are you never using a rogue in clash? Or why is pvp clean of rogues (Endgame pvp clashes*)
    Its not a single rogue, I'm a mage and i want rogues to get buffed since they are useless, probably good in gang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This is what we are doing now, working through the issues with you. Extremely inconsistent feedback across the board btw.
    Ofc it's inconsistent......rogues want buff, mages and tanks don't want nerf. Just put Stat restrictions in pvp, that way even skilled players with 0 gear can have a chance vs top geared players. Also remove all the stupid procs from pvp. First of all its hard to even see anything with pet aa's, and procs. Second, people rely on procs too much and consider themselves pro pvp when their gear procs and kills the opposition.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelllz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Then why are you never using a rogue in clash? Or why is pvp clean of rogues (Endgame pvp clashes*)
    Its not a single rogue, I'm a mage and i want rogues to get buffed since they are useless, probably good in gang
    BECAUSE, we don't have any rogues who have the gear and ping of this certain "pro" spawning rogue on opposite team.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ofc it's inconsistent......rogues want buff, mages and tanks don't want nerf. Just put Stat restrictions in pvp, that way even skilled players with 0 gear can have a chance vs top geared players. Also remove all the stupid procs from pvp. First of all its hard to even see anything with pet aa's, and procs. Second, people rely on procs too much and consider themselves pro pvp when their gear procs and kills the opposition.

Completely agree that everyone relys on proc instead of skills, mostly tanks nowaday, i wish the same that there is a stat restriction but doubt it wi be done, lots of players are undergeared in pvp
    Last edited by intrepd; 07-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

BECAUSE, we don't have any rogues who have the gear and ping of this certain "pro" spawning rogue on opposite team.

How many rogues are like this "Pro" rogue in pvp nowadays? 1-2? Rest are not even maxed, even stat restriction will not help since lets say it will boost stats just to that "Pro" rogue stats, every rogue will have this stats but even him cant survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

How many rogues are like this "Pro" rogue in pvp nowadays? 1-2? Rest are not even maxed, even stat restriction will not help since lets say it will boost stats just to that "Pro" rogue stats, every rogue will have this stats but even him cant survive.
    Exactly. That's why we don't use rogues. Our rogues have ping of 600+ and gear with excellent (or lower) jewels and no mm happiness on their pet. I have crap gear. I die alot. Doesn't bother me. My ping sucks most clashes 400-5k even though in towns I have less than 100 ping. I get swapped alot lately because I get pulled out of spawn and I can't even see them coming for me.....I get pulled by ghosts. This Doesn't bother me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Exactly. That's why we don't use rogues. Our rogues have ping of 600+ and gear with excellent (or lower) jewels and no mm happiness on their pet. I have crap gear. I die alot. Doesn't bother me. My ping sucks most clashes 400-5k even though in towns I have less than 100 ping. I get swapped alot lately because I get pulled out of spawn and I can't even see them coming for me.....I get pulled by ghosts. This Doesn't bother me.

Even though i agree with you about Procs and stat restriction i doubt it will happen though, but there must be something done for rogues, they can not survive in a clash, stack mages just eats them in few seconds, either Buff rogues damage to be able to break juggernaut again, or this nerfs will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I wonder who she's talking about.

Even though i agree with you about Procs and stat restriction i doubt it will happen though, but there must be something done for rogues, they can not survive in a clash, stack mages just eats them in few seconds, either Buff rogues damage to be able to break juggernaut again, or this nerfs will be fine.
    There's no point for gear if stat restriction is implemented, to be honest. Again though, if they're nerfing all damage reduction including Nekro shield, then we are back to base 1. Rogues with Nekro shield are complete glass and that's what happens to rogues as soon as the shield fades. Reducing this shield would make it worse than it already is for rogues.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-22-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List