Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obnoxious booting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya booting has gotten a little ridiculous lately. I've temporarily stopped playing (currently) because of this. Many people boot when you get to the boss in BS maps to let friends join to get the spoils. Has happened to me more than 15 times in one day. Normally I wouldn't be mad but to do all the work and not get anything for said hard work kind of gets on my nerves. Every player that has done this has been reported.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I have a line or two on my booting rules (put in politely) I put them in whenever I join a game, and ususally the host agrees:

not potted players can be booted (pm: unless they pot to avoid boots)
    message them first, and ask them to leave, let them know ahead of time (messages preferable, but if there is multiple, just put the reason in chat AND in the boot reason.)
    only boot if there is another player waiting to get in/just got invited

probably the most abnoxous thing ever: my friend (RL) let me play on his account (neither of us are banned), and I didn't ask/beg him. he said he didn't know how to play the class perfectly, and wanted help. i was a 36/37 at the time. We joined a random AO3 game, and were going strong. we had switched chars, he needed to get the feel of it, and he cares about his k/d, I don't [care about MY k/d. I care about others, but I don't really care on my mage]. we were going strong, but when we got to the keeper, I was booted (playing the 54 mage), while my friend wasn't (playing a 37 mage [I leveled up mid-way]) can someone explain why that would happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

In this case i would report as well after many boots for just the fun of it....

Proper game manners: When joining a room ask if there is space somtimes a room looks empty but a farming or lvl crew just has not yet joined... Never join a room and pot immediatley without asking... Another manner if people join a room that is full and players are just standing there do not just run into the map for those who may be on a quick break or teams that gather mob this is a sure way of getting booted....
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anabariez View Post
    Ya booting has gotten a little ridiculous lately. I've temporarily stopped playing (currently) because of this. Many people boot when you get to the boss in BS maps to let friends join to get the spoils. Has happened to me more than 15 times in one day. Normally I wouldn't be mad but to do all the work and not get anything for said hard work kind of gets on my nerves. Every player that has done this has been reported.
    An idea begin to make your own maps and have others join you, this is a shady type of play, i can not blame you for being upset.. I have booted people with an im sorry, when they enter a map whilenwe are in with the boss as you said all the work, and money spent on pots and elixers, to have somone join while a crew is in boss.. And get the drop ( this has happened to me many times) frusturates players. But booting an active team member at the boss to invite others in for drop potential.. Sigh that is unfair.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Man Parth that really sucks. Just report him and maybe enough people will report him to get banned or at least get a warning, maybe then he will learn his lesson and grow up.

I am leveling my bird to 56 thats why I haven't been on my mage so add me GNRZ I gave up on pugs a while ago and mostly farm with friends, so they are good groups that do runs in less than 5 min, unless its stronghold without damage pots that can take the 5 min depending on the group composition.

PS thanks for the heads up on that guy I will keep an eye if I join one of his groups.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread has me sort of confused. I've not had any issues with being booted, in fact I can't say I've ever been booted before. But when I create games, I'm always booting low levels trying to leech experience. Sometimes I give no excuse because in the heat of combat, I don't have time and I can only assume they already know why. But also, they pot pretty quick sometimes and I can't help that. I mean, if booting a level 1 that potted is a crime, then what if my entire group ups and leaves the game after they pot? are we ruining their experience because we all left a game where someone has potted? where does it end?. At any rate, if someone wrongs you with an untimely boot, just blacklist them and don't play with em anymore. I have the benefit of a great friends' list but I'm definetly not in love with anyone enough to have to play with them.

Interesting thread to say the least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaut View Post
    This thread has me sort of confused. I've not had any issues with being booted, in fact I can't say I've ever been booted before. But when I create games, I'm always booting low levels trying to leech experience. Sometimes I give no excuse because in the heat of combat, I don't have time and I can only assume they already know why. But also, they pot pretty quick sometimes and I can't help that. I mean, if booting a level 1 that potted is a crime, then what if my entire group ups and leaves the game after they pot? are we ruining their experience because we all left a game where someone has potted? where does it end?. At any rate, if someone wrongs you with an untimely boot, just blacklist them and don't play with em anymore. I have the benefit of a great friends' list but I'm definetly not in love with anyone enough to have to play with them.

Interesting thread to say the least.
    That's not the kind of booting we're talking about here. If you're being a jerk when you boot, you would know it. Booting simply because someone is getting in the way of you enjoying your game is not a bad thing. But booting just for your own amusement is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on both those players

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    Proper game manners: When joining a room ask if there is space somtimes a room looks empty but a farming or lvl crew just has not yet joined... Never join a room and pot immediatley without asking... Another manner if people join a room that is full and players are just standing there do not just run into the map for those who may be on a quick break or teams that gather mob this is a sure way of getting booted....
    Excellently summarised. Might be an idea to create a list bullet points like these to reduce your risk of being booted. I alway ask if it's ok to join any new team. Also do we have a definitive answer from devs on what types of booting are and are not acceptable?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post

Excellently summarised. Might be an idea to create a list bullet points like these to reduce your risk of being booted. I alway ask if it's ok to join any new team. Also do we have a definitive answer from devs on what types of booting are and are not acceptable?
    I don't think they can give a pinpoint on the exact reasons which are acceptable/non-acceptable, but really the guideline of "Do NOT ruin the playing experience of others".

I remember reading somewhere, whether it was a dev or just a post, that that guideline was a definite summary of how you should behave.

It's pretty obvious when it becomes valid anyway. I won't lie, I've boot potted people before. Again for the same reason that they use being potted as an excuse to avoid being booted. I've even had players who see me say "Sorry we're full", yet have the nerve to ignore me AND pot up. That gives me a valid excuse to boot, IMO.

In reference to Asgaut's post, leaving a game that others are potted in, instead of booting them, is a better choice, I've done that. I host a game, with at least 2 slots intended for friends, some people join in, pot up, and just go on as if nothing was wrong. Leaving would be beneficial for both groups, for yourself you get to have a new game with your friends, and for them they get to keep their pot on. I would think they wouldn't care who they'd be grouped up with, since they didn't care to assess the group in the first place.

All in all, booting is there for a reason, so it definitely is acceptable to boot. It's when abuse kicks in, much like anything with authority, if abused its never a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this thread too, and the whole booting being bannable thing - I hope that's reserved for situations when a player is obviously using the function just to harass others.

I agree that what this person did was extremely rude, and I was appalled to hear that booting at boss to make room for friends is becoming that common - last time it happened to me was months ago in a winter map.

But sometimes a host might have a legitimate reason for booting that's not always obvious or explainable. I boot people sometimes whom I just don't want in my game (although not at boss or when potted), either because they're bad players or because I didn't like their behavior in the past for some other reason. I'll boot with reason "..." in these cases, because the alternative would be to offend the person or start a flame war. I figure it's better than giving a reason like: "you can't tank so you're useless to my team" or "don't want you in my games bc you're full of yourself." As host I feel it's my responsibility and right to select the right team based on a variety of factors, including a player's ability and personality.

I also love it when I have to boot someone who won't leave when they're told the group is full, then if the group doesn't get filled instantly, they come back on another alt and say "it wasn't full." It's always on the tip of my tongue to say, "you're right, I just don't like you and I was saying it's full to be diplomatic. Happy now?" (Actually it's almost always truly full, and the missing group member just couldn't join right away.)
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Come on fellas, you guys never heard of intentional tort?
    But to prove intent...
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

You can get intentional tort with strawberries and whip cream at IHOP for 3.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    So, I have been leveling to 56 lately. Been in good groups. I have noticed some obnoxious booting however, even while potted. (Draiinbamage). When I get invited to games such as his, he purposely boots me. Even gave me the reason "Lol". In multiple instances the game had slots available with nobody joining. He just booted solely for his entertainment, regardless if I was potted or not. Now, on most occasions, I'd just ignore him and move on, but he farms with friends I like to farm with as well, thus ruining my playing experience for no reason. Anyways, just wanted to get that out there.

/ends vent.
    C'est la façon dont il est. Ne vous inquiétez pas, je vais lui parler si vous voulez. J'ai demandé pourquoi et il m'a dit qu'il voulait duo / trio. Mais, néanmoins, je ferai de lui présenter des excuses, je le promets. Juste parfois que c'est ce qu'il fait. Je ne pense pas qu'il s'est rendu compte il que tu en pot. Je suis tellement désolé pour lui mon jumeau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I wouldn't sweat it too much, Parth. It is what it is....some people like being ****s in MMO games, logic/nice or not. I discovered the same thing about Trueplayer, so I just stay out of his games. I have no time for clowns, and karma is a youknowwhat. Short of intentional ToS or bannable-seeming behavior, not much you can do other than smile and say to yourself, "At least I am not a **** like that guy"
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it too much, Parth. It is what it is....some people like being ****s in MMO games, logic/nice or not. I discovered the same thing about Trueplayer, so I just stay out of his games. I have no time for clowns, and karma is a youknowwhat. Short of intentional ToS or bannable-seeming behavior, not much you can do other than smile and say to yourself, "At least I am not a **** like that guy"
    I run with Trueplayer a lot. Actually, if he's running and I'm on, I almost always get an invite. In his defense, he's not trying to be an ***. He's a power farmer. Meaning he wants super fast runs and he's selective about who and what makes up his team on the run. So yeah, I've been there when he's booted like 5-6 people in a row hoping for that last piece to make up his ideal team or keep a fast team together. I agree he could probably do a better job of giving a reason for booting but I also know it isn't anything personal when he boots. He's just all business when he farms. He's like a machine.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    You can get intentional tort with strawberries and whip cream at IHOP for 3.99.
    Haha yumm whipped cream

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you report a player in game if you aren't friends with them? Is it done on the website then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    How do you report a player in game if you aren't friends with them? Is it done on the website then?
    1) Click on the player, and click "Report"

2) Type "/report (name)"

3) Take a screenshot, and send it to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing "(at)" with "@". This is mainly for more serious reports, like if someones cussing in town, threatening in any way, or being racist. You don't necessarily need a screenshot, it isn't totally necessary, you just need to know their IGN (in game name)

Hopefully this helped Sorry for the slight subject change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I run with Trueplayer a lot. Actually, if he's running and I'm on, I almost always get an invite. In his defense, he's not trying to be an ***. He's a power farmer. Meaning he wants super fast runs and he's selective about who and what makes up his team on the run. So yeah, I've been there when he's booted like 5-6 people in a row hoping for that last piece to make up his ideal team or keep a fast team together. I agree he could probably do a better job of giving a reason for booting but I also know it isn't anything personal when he boots. He's just all business when he farms. He's like a machine.
    I don't much care, homie. I run power farming runs sometimes myself focusing on speed and no talking, and I'm never a rude *** like that, I just ask people to leave or boot if they don't. Not to mention the couple times I joined his game they were public/unlocked and not close to full. Not to also mention you learn/meet new players who might be really good along the way to help the runs go even faster, which is how I met most of you that I know here. Although I see the point, horrible way to go about it and has earned a spot on my perma-boot list if he/she ever joins.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage