Thread: Best Companion and Skill Respec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best Companion and Skill Respec

Hey there, I'm currently level 18 and I'm looking for the best companion for Sorcerer that can be bought for plantinum. I'm guessing this is Scorch or perhaps Flap Jack or Haze, with their mana regen. I've even looked at Arcane Deary but I honestly can't see it's benefit over the ones I've mentioned to date.

Also, I'm interested in where I should spend my skill points and attribute points. I'm putting everything into Intelligence at the moment and Lightning Strike, Gale Force, Arcane Shield, Lifegiver and Knowledge passive. If it's important, my current stats with equipment are:

Str 28
    Health 1307
    Dex 42
    Dodge 10.10%
    Critical 4.67%
    Int 189
    Bonus Dmg 195%
    Mana 2040
    Dam 111.83
    DPS 125.8
    Armor 408

Thanks.
    IGN: Spiritualist | Returning player after 2+ years, previously maxed level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

As for pet, go for arcane deary. It gonna boost your stat and you can unlock pet slot for 5 tokens and put there ribbit as AA. Very good and cheap combo.
    You dont need lifegiver in PvE and it's absolutely nono in endgame PvE. Use fireball 4/5 without scorch upgrade ( this upgrade isn't really necessary during leveling )
    Gale force 4/5 without outward squall ( gale work by exacly same way without this upgrade so it isn't needed ). Charge gale only if you want move to another pull or dash away from red zone of boss. In pulls don't charge it.
    Time shift is must have for mage 5/5
    If you can't afford potions for heal then use arcane shield 4/5 ( upgrade displacement wave is useless )
    If you can afford potions then go for lighting 4/5 without shock ( stun is rare and isn't needed with fireball / clock / gale )
    Frost bolt is better on mobs but go for lightning it doing very good on mobs and you dont need swap to other skill when you meet boss.
    Passive : knowledge / might / agility. That's for leveling. In endgame you need swap to another build anyway depends on your gear and what you want to do ( PvP / PvE )

P.S
    If you can afford plat then search somewhere in forum how best spend plat to gain money and just buy gear and pet that suits you best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    As for pet, go for arcane deary. It gonna boost your stat and you can unlock pet slot for 5 tokens and put there ribbit as AA. Very good and cheap combo.
    Are you saying you can have two pets at a time? Arcane Deary and Ribbit at the same time? How do you unlock another pet slot? Also, why ribbit? Surely I want a pet that gives mana or mana regen?

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    You dont need lifegiver in PvE and it's absolutely nono in endgame PvE. Use fireball 4/5 without scorch upgrade ( this upgrade isn't really necessary during leveling )
    Gale force 4/5 without outward squall ( gale work by exacly same way without this upgrade so it isn't needed ). Charge gale only if you want move to another pull or dash away from red zone of boss. In pulls don't charge it.
    Time shift is must have for mage 5/5
    If you can't afford potions for heal then use arcane shield 4/5 ( upgrade displacement wave is useless )
    If you can afford potions then go for lighting 4/5 without shock ( stun is rare and isn't needed with fireball / clock / gale )
    Frost bolt is better on mobs but go for lightning it doing very good on mobs and you dont need swap to other skill when you meet boss.
    Passive : knowledge / might / agility. That's for leveling. In endgame you need swap to another build anyway depends on your gear and what you want to do ( PvP / PvE )
    Thanks, I'll certainly give these a go.

What about the main stats like str, dex and int? Am I right in putting everything into Int?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post
    Are you saying you can have two pets at a time? Arcane Deary and Ribbit at the same time? How do you unlock another pet slot? Also, why ribbit? Surely I want a pet that gives mana or mana regen?

If you go bit deeply into stable you'll see button unlock slots. It does cost 50 story tokens. We got new system some weeks ago that you can slot another Happiness bonus and/ arcane ability of pet to another one.
    Example : you got 3 eggs. Deary , ribbit and flapjack. You open deary and want mana regen in it. You open slots for 50 story tokens and then you'll see 2 buttons. One under Happiness bonus and one under arcane ability. Then you choose slot egg under happiness bonus and you'll get tab with select egg. You'll see flapjack egg and just tap it. Tadaaa you have deary with flap jack happy bonus. I just suggested ribbit for cheap combo cause arcane ability is very powerful with clock and fireball skill combo. When you reach higher lvl you won't even notice mana regen from pet because your mana will be just too high. And heal regen isn't really needed for pve since you'll use potions anyway.

Thanks, I'll certainly give these a go.

What about the main stats like str, dex and int? Am I right in putting everything into Int?
    Yes everything in INT

Answered under quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I see. I don't have enough story tokens at the moment, so I'll need to wait a little bit there I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Ah, I see. I don't have enough story tokens at the moment, so I'll need to wait a little bit there I guess.
    Don't forget doing everyday bard quest line! Gives 10 tokens a day. Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That explains why I've only got 20 at the moment. I've only been playing for 2 days. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about Nekro instead of Arcane Deary, or is Arcane Deary still the best? A lot of people seem to like Nekro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

What about Nekro instead of Arcane Deary, or is Arcane Deary still the best? A lot of people seem to like Nekro.
    Nekro is better yeah but if you can afford Shady and surge then its better to get it instead nekro as mage