Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: GCD and Party Healing

Plasticuproject

Default GCD and Party Healing

So I've been tweaking my skills map and my play pattern to adjust for the GCD NERF and I am having a very hard time fitting Heal into any rotation. With all of the time it takes to buff/debuff, then heal the party I am having trouble getting any combos in before my personal buffs wear off. This is beyond frustrating as I know that I am capable of inflicting massive damage when I am buffed, but as a mage I know it is my duty to look after the party's health. This puts me in an akward position. Do I knock the mob out with ice/fire while I'm buffed or help save that bird from certain death and let the mob inflict more damage? 1/2 a second cool down is FAR too long IMO. If the devs wanted to put an end to multi-touch spamming .1 or even. 2 seconds would have been plenty. Is anyone else having this problem? Is anyone finding themselves having to tweak their maps and patterns to compensate for this NERF? Any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I simply agree with kossi in saying that buffs should not be part of the GCD. That way you half a better chance of fitting everything in.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ye. Its hard to heal and kill now at the same time.. hahaha so let the heal potions do its job thats why it is made for players so they can heal for theirselves right? hehehe.

Nah what I do is.. if I see my party is in full health and I am not.. I just use my health pots and save my heal spell later.

We just need to time when to launch spells.. good timing works all the time.
    Last edited by anglfyr; 04-13-2011 at 01:18 AM.
    PL: Anglfyr - Lvl66 [Enchantress]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With GCD playing mages (constant debuff, heal and kill) is really hard... i spend time looking at my cool down rather than my toon... i really miss skill mashing...

at this rate there goes power-leveling ^^

it would be interesting though if PL can setup 2 skill hot keys.. like 1 button does Buffs (Blessing of Vitality then Blessing of Might), debuffs (weakness then nightmare), combos, or what ever combination u want. the only tricky part is that some cool downs are not the same....

could be a waste of mana but makes mages much more playable/enjoyable with GCD

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Furyteddy View Post
    With GCD playing mages (constant debuff, heal and kill) is really hard... i spend time looking at my cool down rather than my toon... i really miss skill mashing...

at this rate there goes power-leveling ^^

it would be interesting though if PL can setup 2 skill hot keys.. like 1 button does Buffs (Blessing of Vitality then Blessing of Might), debuffs (weakness then nightmare), combos, or what ever combination u want. the only tricky part is that some cool downs are not the same....

could be a waste of mana but makes mages much more playable/enjoyable with GCD
    Yeah I'm having to constantly stare at my skills too, that's why I am remapping them, trying to get their cooldowns to flow in a better pattern so I can rely more on muscle memory and be able so see what the heck is going on around me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Time will heal all wounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

At this moment i just hit THE heal button when active and mostly use attack and buff skills. It is hard to fit debuffs in but am getting used to THE new way of playing. Just take your time. I also see an advantage. Without dgc i often hitted THE buttons for combo's to fast now THE short delay almost always makes à combo on my mage, on archer i still am researching whats best.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

After spending the last few hours playing with my regular friends (finally found them!). I have to say that I am altering my play style vastly to fit in heals. I am used to being very aggressive and focusing on the damage I can do. GCD has made me put buff/debuffs as my priority. Healing and damage follow. We are all going to be eating a few extra health pots to stay alive. I think most good players realize this. Please be patient with group members and recognize that we are all sort of relearning how to play our skills and to play with one another.
    Soloing? Farewell or die kiting

Plasticuproject

Yeah but now I am staring at my skill layout 90% of the time....about as exciting as a text based game from my childhood.....almost as exciting as whack-a-mole...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Healing doesn't seem to be a problem for me in PvE; while attacking just spam the heal button.
    I don't necessarily like the GCD, but .5 second respawn rate isn't that bad, the only problem is now we all look like we're attempting to play a good ol' fashioned game of whack-a-mole while trying to hit a basic combo.
    Peterlawl: LVL 35 Pure Int Mage (Nuke)
    Ebajevax: LVL 25 Twink / WizTwink: LVL 10? Echantress Twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I suggested that different spells have independent gsc. Offensive and defensive gsc would work.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree so maybe there will be 2 type of mages now :0
    but this would simply mean slower run because ones healing and ones nuking??
    hmm we will see what the devs advance in this

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We've been listening, and still are. New iteration to come. We are still consolidating feedback in this thread please: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-1.7.1-is-Live!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com