Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! Been playing a while but never checked the forums before! I know this makes me sound like a total idiot, but I've done 17 quests in Alien Oasis and I cannot find anymore...I keep heading off to the desert road and the pyramid, but I'm not finding any, and don't want to move off an area when I still have loads of quests to complete. Can anyone tell me where I'm (clearly) going wrong? - thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some AO quests can be obtained from the NPC 'Sihoo' (did I spell that right? seems wrong to me :/) in the AO maps themselves. You can see the NPC at the beginning once you enter the map.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.. Love leaves a memory no one can steal..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some quests have a level requirement. So you have to be at a certain level before the others will show up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneralith View Post
    Hi! Been playing a while but never checked the forums before! I know this makes me sound like a total idiot, but I've done 17 quests in Alien Oasis and I cannot find anymore...I keep heading off to the desert road and the pyramid, but I'm not finding any, and don't want to move off an area when I still have loads of quests to complete. Can anyone tell me where I'm (clearly) going wrong? - thx
    Have you checked the quest guide?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ds-Quest-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My apologies if this has already been answered.
    Is it possible to build two different specs with different skill and stat point allocations and then toggle between them... Much like WoW dual spec?
    F
    or example: I have an enchantress and would like one setup to be fill int with primarily ape nuke type skill points for pve/leveling. I would also like another setup that mixes int/str and has other skills such as ice storm and frostbite for pvp. I would like to be able.to toggle back and forth without spending platinum to respecced and then rebuilding my stats/skills & and gear loadout overtime.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidmojo View Post
    My apologies if this has already been answered.
    Is it possible to build two different specs with different skill and stat point allocations and then toggle between them... Much like WoW dual spec?
    F
    or example: I have an enchantress and would like one setup to be fill int with primarily ape nuke type skill points for pve/leveling. I would also like another setup that mixes int/str and has other skills such as ice storm and frostbite for pvp. I would like to be able.to toggle back and forth without spending platinum to respecced and then rebuilding my stats/skills & and gear loadout overtime.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Nope, its not possible.

You have one set of stat points and one set of skill points, the only way you can change them is by using platinum to respec.

The only things you can switch between each other is gear, using your loadouts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay, I was afraid of that. thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had to look up what twinking was, and I must ask, why the desire to twink? I mean it seems like fun to have all this uber equipment on a level 20 toon, but it seems that the ability to quest would be severely hampered (although I am sure twinks have more powerful alts).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vol View Post
    I had to look up what twinking was, and I must ask, why the desire to twink? I mean it seems like fun to have all this uber equipment on a level 20 toon, but it seems that the ability to quest would be severely hampered (although I am sure twinks have more powerful alts).
    You are right, most twinks either have capped level alts or are just not interested in end-game at all.

I can see where the fun in twinking is, its the challenge in having a limited amount of stat/skill points and trying to create a perfect build. It also allows more room for PvP skill since more strategy comes into play than end-game PvP, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I can see where skill would become more of a factor. Perhaps in the future after I have obtained more gold,levels and more gear, I shall try it. Unfortunately there is that skill thing you mentioned ... :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i have a question about farming! were do you find gold fever and zyxnarr (spelled wrong i know but you know what i mean)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superss View Post
    i have a question about farming! were do you find gold fever and zyxnarr (spelled wrong i know but you know what i mean)
    Gold fever is in Baelfort Sewers map 1.

The level 25 Vyxnaar is in a dungeon that you can find if you take one of the roads out of the Fathom Crypt town. I always forget which one.

There's also supposedly a level 50 Vyxnaar helm that drops in the Shadow Caves, no one knows exactly where.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

cool thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where is Broke in forest haven? looked everywhere in town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Don't think there is a Broke. Think your thinking of Burke, he is right before the stash in FH.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry major...it was Drake in forest haven....Chapter 6 hope you can help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First post, gah, here goes nothing.

1) what is the cheapest method to buy all levels of the game? (meaning areas, not actual levels)
    2) I'm level 13 and have no more quests to do in dark forest and forest haven, do I just have to grind it out? If so where is the best place?

Thanks guys/girls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing for half a week, and here are the questions I still have after doing a basic perusal of the forums:

1. What's with all the random friend requests? I get them from people who haven't talked to me, typically on entering a dungeon. I could understand people sending them at the end of the dungeon if they liked partying with someone. I have asked a half dozen of these people about it, and only two responded at all (I could understand some not responding if they were busy when I tried to ask them) and the closest I got to an answer was "lol that's the way it is". Why are people sending me friends requests when even they can't tell me why? There must be some benefit for them if they're bothering to hit the button.

I've been leaving them neither accepted nor rejected so that my friend indicator means someone I want to play with is online but I'm on their requested list so they can keep track of and message me if they want to.

2. Is there any way to tell where someone is if you're not in the same place as them?

3. Are the unlocked games in the list of games to join the same ones that people join when they use options like going to a quest in their log or going in the magic portal? That is, if someone hosts one of these games will they be joined by those people, or only people who selected their game in the join list?

4. Does dungeon difficulty scale with the number of people in the dungeon? It seems this way but I haven't seen mention of this anywhere.

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me on any of these issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bleuebird View Post
    I've been playing for half a week, and here are the questions I still have after doing a basic perusal of the forums:

1. What's with all the random friend requests? I get them from people who haven't talked to me, typically on entering a dungeon. I could understand people sending them at the end of the dungeon if they liked partying with someone. I have asked a half dozen of these people about it, and only two responded at all (I could understand some not responding if they were busy when I tried to ask them) and the closest I got to an answer was "lol that's the way it is". Why are people sending me friends requests when even they can't tell me why? There must be some benefit for them if they're bothering to hit the button.

I've been leaving them neither accepted nor rejected so that my friend indicator means someone I want to play with is online but I'm on their requested list so they can keep track of and message me if they want to.

2. Is there any way to tell where someone is if you're not in the same place as them?

3. Are the unlocked games in the list of games to join the same ones that people join when they use options like going to a quest in their log or going in the magic portal? That is, if someone hosts one of these games will they be joined by those people, or only people who selected their game in the join list?

4. Does dungeon difficulty scale with the number of people in the dungeon? It seems this way but I haven't seen mention of this anywhere.

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me on any of these issues.
    1. People just like to friend everyone just because. It's your preference whether you accept or not. On my main account I only have level 55 and 56 players and friend alts due to the fact that there used to be power leveling and I didn't want lower levels in a Sewer game. On my others I only accept players I have run with and they show they are proficient.

2. When you look at your friend list it tells you where they are and depending on your level gives you the option to join them. If you know their IGN but aren't their friend you can manually add them or /tell IGN to talk to them.

3. If a game is hosted than a player has to manually go in and join that game. You will see that games with the campaign title as the host are games randomly started by players entering a portal or doing a quest. Those games can be manually joined through join game or by entering a portal or doing a quest.

4. I don't believe so. Dungeons are at a specific difficulty and are easier with a full, competent group as opposed to soloing.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player