Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

This isn't directed at OP, but more to the general forums community, because this isn't the first thread where this kind of argument breaks out.

There is a clear distinction between I can't (I'm under level 55/my account is banned/my parents cut off my Internet privileges/my phone fell in the bathtub, etc.) and I don't want to (I don't think it's worth my time/I won't run the same maps over and over and you can't make me). Every other obstacles in between (PUGs give me rashes/undead mage curse gives me nightmares/tokens give me panic attack/I have a job and family and pet rabbit, etc., etc.) can be circumvented.

IMO consistency and endurance are more important in this expansion than sheer number of hours spent on the Somberholt content. 500-1000 points (between half an hour to an hour) a day will get you up the ranks eventually and get you the tokens with some to spare. I've seen it done; my guildies who continue running the Somberholt content and are now either Disicples or Lightbearers have a full time job or busy college schedule, and are juggling kids, pets that need walking or regular vet visit, family gatherings, outings with friends, etc. But the kind of community goals we have in this expansion actually gives plenty of room for you to catch up and make sure that you can start the next stage together with others who have reached the higher tiers earlier, on an even footing. Question is whether you want to put in the time--and I'm not talking 24/7--and get those points, and those tokens, one by one, kill by kill, run by run, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes during lunch break plus about the same time on commute or whatever. If you don't, then nothing people say can change that.

There's also another side to the community goals. It's called a community goal for a reason. So other people, other parts of the community, have contributed to it. Some contribute a lot, some a bit less, according to the time available to them, day in day out. And then there are those who drag their feet or outright refuse to take part when the community goal gets tough. As corny as this may sound, the community goal means we're in this together. Either pull your weight to the best of your ability, or don't rock the boat by branding other people nolifer or other inaccurate, presumptuous label.

But OK, Arlor is a free country and noone can or should push anyone to do anything they don't want to do. So you don't think this expansion is for you. There are other ways this game can be enjoyed, there are other things to farm, other maps to run. You can pvp, you can merch, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't easily jump to the conclusion that everyone shares your opinion about this expansion, the goals or the rank syatem.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post: