Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wbto-Angeluscustos View Post
    lmao found u in game
    Elly you got a stalker....

>.>
    <.<

/jk well maybe not
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I remember, WBTO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow!!! Wassup everybody just got back on pl and saw the new changes...all are amazing to me except I don't understand why bears really needed it..went to pvp and I had to switch to a dexbear just to be able to get a kill..most of them were stolen kills but as a str bear I get murdered By long range users. I can pull off smash combo but slashes aren't fast enough .. idk maybe I just suck now lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxEcHoxx View Post
    Wow!!! Wassup everybody just got back on pl and saw the new changes...all are amazing to me except I don't understand why bears really needed it..went to pvp and I had to switch to a dexbear just to be able to get a kill..most of them were stolen kills but as a str bear I get murdered By long range users. I can pull off smash combo but slashes aren't fast enough .. idk maybe I just suck now lol
    I actually found that the GCD helped bears the most.

It might just be my personal observation, but now we can actually compete since we can tank more, especially since mages/birds can't just skill spam us dead while we try to get to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its just a new experience so everyone is learning now. There wasn't much skill on iPad users pressing 3 or 4 skills at the same time, it was even unfair for the others. Now its all about strategy and rhythm.

Elly - Dex bears should own now with a custom set right?

I am thinking of respecing my mage to dual spec with dex. I can get 105 crit with RR recurve set and 110 crit with custom set.
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-15-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Its just a new experience so everyone is learning now. There wasn't much skill on iPad users pressing 3 or 4 skills at the same time, it was even unfair for the others. Now its all about strategy and rhythm.

Elly - Dex bears should own now with a custom set right?

I am thinking of respecing my mage to dual spec with dex. I can get 105 crit with RR recurve set and 110 crit with custom set.
    Not really own, we still get killed pretty easily.

Does insane amount of damage though, when used well.

Mages with a Custom Set (arguably Auto-bow or Recurve) is the most OP now, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Not really own, we still get killed pretty easily.

Does insane amount of damage though, when used well.

Mages with a Custom Set (arguably Auto-bow or Recurve) is the most OP now, IMO.
    Yeah I am gonna dual spec to dex and see how well that buffed crit does.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah I am gonna dual spec to dex and see how well that buffed crit does.
    Tested it earlier, 2 dex mages killed me instantly when both used Drain Life and both crit, and from the 12m range. Bad..

Oh, and I was on my str set up, fully buffed.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-15-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Regarding the issue with hitting a skill and it not registering the cooldown, but still activating, I've noticed its only happened on buffs and debuffs. Maybe in the patch they intended on removing the gcd from buffs anddebuffs, but its glitched? Probably not, just a thought I had.
    I've experience that too where the gcd activates but the spell is not registering, very frustrating..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Proof of Trash Heap grate glitch :

1 Bear, 3 Mages (So your guaranteed that they will AoE), 1 Bird.

While fighting :

Dead :

You can see the grate's HP isn't moving at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well now trash heap got a little bit harder and so do pugs.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Well now trash heap got a little bit harder and so do pugs.
    This update really beefed up Recurves huh :P

First the awesome set bonus, now the harder drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shloppyshmo View Post
    Everyone is making WAY to big a deal out of this. It's pathetic how feeble people are. "Well the crowd is doing it, so I should to!" Thats pretty stupid if you ask me. Any of you guys play games such as WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs that I am to tired to think of right now? Well guess what, they all have GCD. BTW, GCD is so slight at this point in time that the ONLY thing it does is not allow multitouch. Which, is great. Now the game actually takes a small amount of skill to play instead of having to be the person with the fastest fingers/greatest multitouch device. Back to my original comment about crowds. I have talked with several people who have not even tried the GCD and complain! This is the way that MMOs are! Give them some time to sort out the few bugs then the game will be perfect. Ok, I have said my piece.

-Shloppyshmo
    I have to respectfully disagree. The entire issue, from my point of view, is that PL was NOT "WoW, Guildwars, POTCO, and many other MMOs" If it were, I wouldn't have been interested, having played those and knowing how much time it takes. I liked PL immediately, because it was.....FAST. Short run times, feeling like you accomplished something on a break...VERY rewarding.

I posted that PL was better now (let me clarify, better after the patch to the patch...it was actually better for me before GCD), and it is, somewhat. I am on a totem quest for my bear, and I have to say, there is no way to get cyber gear. Gone are VL runs...they take too long and nobody joins like they used to. CtK as it always has has people dropping out before the Keeper. For those brave souls who stick around to try, they give up. I've been in groups that kocked the Keeper out fast in the past. I was in one last night, and the lvl 56 and 55 birds finally gave up. No-one was below 52. One thing is for sure...getting to 56 will not be fun. I've also given up on the Cyber Quests as well.

If I wanted WoW, i would be there. I'm not. I'm here because it is not WoW. To say that "all MMOs have GCD" is irrelevant in my opinion...unless that is what STS is trying for, which would be a mistake, also in my opinion. As many have posted, besides having Devs that listen, PL was a success with the "causal" speed gamer. If that is not what the Devs intended, then so be it...It was a success and made (and will make) them money! Think of it like penicillin...he wasn't out to discover it, he just did and what a change to the world it has made. PL was like that. GCD is better, but is still a step in the wrong direction, but I am hopeful for tweaking to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a very good improvement but there are several things i want to mention but i believe people have already mention it before i do.

let me start with a small little gcd bug i notice. sometime when you activate a skill, after activation and after gcd, it remains in-activated and you can keep using it. but the problem is if this happens, the skill will not activate even though you are tapping it. suspected reason for this is cooldown of the skill is on after activation but not registered (dimmed-lit) after gcd.

now here's a suggestion for gcd flash blink on skills. as we understand, after a skill is activated, the gcd will take over the skill icon for as long as the gcd time is (which i don't know how long maybe .1 sec). the continual dimming of skills is kind of a distraction and can cause a fluctuation in player's concentration. i am not sure how many players will agree with this point but the suggestion here is to change the gcd dimming effect to time-line effect. like your auto attack, there a time line above it so by putting a time line below your mana bar would make a big difference and reduce distraction. but of course this is a suggestion if you are keeping the gcd which i do not really want it to happen.

the final point is how i feel and that is i still do not like gcd to be applied on pve because it slow down the pace of the game in term of pve. if its for preventing multi-touching i guess another form of way would be better and that is implementing skill block. i know this is definitely possible because certain games on iOS and android are using it. skill block basically prevent multi-touch of skill icons. if you try touching 2 skill at the same time, it simply won't be activated. and you do not need to apply global cooldown because how fast you cast your skills depends on the speed of your finger. i believe all games have better players but gcd just makes better players one step lower. (oh i am not a better player anyway but i see many better players missing in action or seeming was not as good as before.)

what i have to say and suggest is all done. thanks for your time (if you read this).

hopefully gcd is no longer applied in the next patch. but keep it in pvp.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-15-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I personally like the improved version of the GCD. I mean if it has to be there at all for PVE. I would welcome changing it back to open for PVE and only have GCD for PvP which I don't actually even play. But back to my original point based on the previous post. The skill cooldown already has a progress meter so you know when it is recharging. It undims from bottom to top until it is fully bright again. The GCD just flashes all skills off momentarily. I'm cool with that. It's only like a tenth of a second now anyway. But I do notice that I will tap a skill, all skills will go off and then when it comes back, it's still available. I guess it may be a bug, I thought I was mistapping and haven't paid too much attention to it.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzn View Post
    Short run times, feeling like you accomplished something on a break...VERY rewarding.
    The fast bit of accomplishment is the very thing that drew me to PL.

With yesterday's update (57072), CtK times are back down to "good enough" in my book. Accomplishing something with a single CtK run once in the 50s? That's a different story. The game does, ultimately, slow down a _lot_. The XP curve gets pretty steep, and the gains per level drop off as the best skills get maxed. That's a completely different issue, though. And it's one that will likely be alleviated with more levels and more dungeons.

It can also be alleviated at a personal level with more characters. I end up playing my 20 something bird or teens bear to feel accomplished during a quick break.

Gone are VL runs...they take too long and nobody joins like they used to. CtK as it always has has people dropping out before the Keeper. For those brave souls who stick around to try, they give up. I've been in groups that kocked the Keeper out fast in the past. I was in one last night, and the lvl 56 and 55 birds finally gave up. No-one was below 52. One thing is for sure...getting to 56 will not be fun. I've also given up on the Cyber Quests as well.
    This is also a different issue, but a very real one. Most people have moved on the the Sewers. And newbies go to the Sewers because they think it's next after the Castle. The map makes it appear that way. This means several of the middle level zones are almost completely empty now. My low level bird made it through most of Fathom Crypt with seeing almost no one -- even in the town. STS should do something to force or coerce people to stop skipping areas and finish all the quests. This would put more people doing the same quests and make them easier (especially the cyber quests and elite frost quests).

People go from Castle to Sewers because they don't have plat to spend on the others. This hurts the game for everyone else. Maybe when you finish all the quests for all the previous level dungeons, you could get a big discount for the next dungeon? e.g. after finishing all of the AO quests, sewers would be significantly cheaper than before. Think a 50-75% reduction in platinum. a) this wouldn't hurt STS much because people aren't buying the other dungeons as much anyway. but b) there would be more engagement across all dungeons and make the game, overall, more pleasant.

There's no denying that doing quests with 4 others is far more entertaining than solo. But how do you find others who are doing the same quests as you with the same goals? I try to create VL sessions, and almost no one joins. Or if they do, they aren't familiar with it and don't even know how to take care of gurgox. (I wish it was easier to post links to players in game. Like, "Hey, go read this guide first then come back." Explaining gurgox in game is a pain -- and no one seems to know you don't need sound on.)

If I wanted WoW, i would be there. I'm not. I'm here because it is not WoW. To say that "all MMOs have GCD" is irrelevant in my opinion...unless that is what STS is trying for, which would be a mistake, also in my opinion. As many have posted, besides having Devs that listen, PL was a success with the "causal" speed gamer. If that is not what the Devs intended, then so be it...It was a success and made (and will make) them money! Think of it like penicillin...he wasn't out to discover it, he just did and what a change to the world it has made. PL was like that. GCD is better, but is still a step in the wrong direction, but I am hopeful for tweaking to come.
    Agreed. I've had a similar point, too. If they intended this to be a hard core RPG, it wasn't to begin with. Nor was it reviewed that way or played that way. If they're trying to switch it up to that now -- a year later -- it's a mistake. They found an awesome compromise. And the irony? All this time I had thought it was on purpose since this is a mobile game. Hard core players will spend all their time in front of a computer. Mobile is the domain for causal.

Although I'd love to see more content in the 40-55 range (and beyond), I'd probably be just as happy -- or even happier -- with more content in the 10-25 range where leveling and exploration is still fast and furious. It's fun to level and finish quests at a similar rate, provided both have great rewards that are worth the [short] time. It's tedious to level and finish quests in the 50s. And I keep finding that by the time I do finish quests, even in the 50s, I've out leveled the rewards. If folks can get a level 51 Mega Mage set -- or even Level 51 orange and green superior sewer gear -- why would they bother finishing the Cyber or Mystery quests??

If there was more variety and rewards for low levels (10-25), I'd probably create more characters. I don't PvP -- probably never will, but who knows -- so creating twinks is of no interest to me. But creating a dex bear or mage, or a paladin? Yeah, that might be. But do I really want to go through the same set of quests and areas each time? *yawn* Not really.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think GCD is okay now in terms of how long you have to wait between skills. I may have used my skills a bit quicker before but not by much. (And I also think I used to double-tap skills a lot because the buttons didn't seem to work in time, and whatever they did a few days ago to make skills snappier fixed that. So I might actually be wasting less time now overall because I don't spend any time tapping the same skill 2-3 times.)

The constant rapid blinking is pretty distracting though, especially at the beginning of combat when I haven't used all my skills yet (because then more buttons flash in and out, whereas after I used them all they're already grayed out from the individual skill recharge). I found myself blinking my eyes and shaking my head to try to clear it as I was playing. And no I don't usually have problems with flashing things in video games, even when I play games that have more action going on on the screen than PL. Maybe it's because skills take up such a large part of the screen in PL, and the blinking is so repetitive it steals one's attention - more so than random flashy lights from casting spells and movement fighting enemies, which is distributed all over the screen and less distracting somehow.

The other (much more minor) problem for me was that I couldn't tell which skills are in their individual recharge phase while they were grayed out from the cooldown. But the time when I'm planning what skill to use next is precisely during the cooldown phase after I just cast a skill. And that's exactly when the display isn't telling me what skill I need to use next. Not sure what a fix for this could be though - maybe we could have a different indicator for individual skill cool down, like a grayed out pie chart slowly becoming light again? Just not sure if that might become too cluttered since PL has so many skills.

One solution of course would be to just make the cooldown so small that it's not even perceivable, so that it doesn't require a separate display - in effect just dissallowing multi-touch... It's almost there anyway. Just make it a bit shorter and the blinking display can go away completely.

It's definitely back to being playable now and I'll stick with PL even if it stays like this. But the blinking is truly hard on the eyes. Don't know if I'll get used to it in time, or else maybe I'll just take more frequent breaks from playing to clear my head (probably not a bad thing anyway ).
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone has an opinion on the release. Well here is mine.
    -GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
    People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
    I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
    -Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
    -Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....
    -The "double logout" is redundant.

-Faces are cool
    -Character creation and tutorial great
    -Emote pack 3 good
    -Quest option great
    -Joining game thru friend fix...bingo.

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

The devs do good work...but I cant say that with some major points on 1.7.1.
    I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

A possible fix for the gdc masking which skills are available, could be to make the skills that are cooling down appear differently in gcd state. An example could be to make the skill buttons appear grey for the time when they are both in cooldown and gcd. This way you can quickly check what skills are available, even during gcd and no separate display of any sorts would be needed.

I hope that made sense

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'd like to attest to a glitch that comes with this patch that occasionally prevents me from using a skill that is supposed to work - happened last night at Trash Heap, I couldn't use Evasion or Focus. I toggled the "hide skill map" button at the top right a few times and the skills worked again.