Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: what about the banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I don't understand this completely. I see all this second chance talk going around, what does this mean? Is this a discussion still in progress, or is there a chance for me to get my account backvia request,and in the complete understanding and acceptance of the ToS? O.o
    - Lv55 Archer | - Lv55 Strength Tank | - Lv 55 Pvp Pally

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

oo gray ur back only on forums :/

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

JustG is currently viewing this thread ^^

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    So, I don't understand this completely. I see all this second chance talk going around, what does this mean? Is this a discussion still in progress, or is there a chance for me to get my account backvia request,and in the complete understanding and acceptance of the ToS? O.o
    I was talking more about our FB communication channel. If you are banned in-game, it is not likely it will be reinstated. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I was talking more about our FB communication channel. If you are banned in-game, it is not likely it will be reinstated. Support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    Thanks for clarifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

i wish this thread would stop being moved up as its really old and has been answered by the devs

also devs thank you for telling us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    i got banned for stuff that happened last week but its for 7 days but ehhh im just wondering if i heated my chat infront of the dev or u just were checking peoples chat on wednsday
    Hahahaha isn't this like the dumb criminal award of the year? Too funny raz
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    Hahahaha isn't this like the dumb criminal award of the year? Too funny raz
    hahahaha lmao ikr im just that bad but ehhh ill be back on wednsday to cause havok jk but ill run around and check out the new patches that come out and if that b-day bash is still going on when im unbanned blahhhhh

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I disagree with omitting disagreements and demonstrations. I also disagree with telling people that have put time & money into this game that,"..you'd rather they didn't play the game." I've sent my email to explain, thank you for listening,(finally). Yes,children do play this game. So,when they see disgruntled players get banned,this only returns to 'the fear of playing the game' & expressing oneself. "I'm not allowed to say anything about what I don't like,or else I can't play! So I will play in silence." <-- This is sad for a child to learn,especially in a game with "adult" participation.
    A more effective way for staff to deal with disgruntled players is in steps. Address the individual player or players,(by name),ask them,(with professionalism),to discontinue upsetting the players that are enjoying the game,then give a warning of what the next action will be: muting,1 day temporary loss of specials,restricted dungeon access (jail) for 1-3 days,denial of game access (ban), for 1-3 days,7 day ban,THEN a permanent ban. This helps all players,including the kids that play,understand that they CAN express themselves to a point,& that there are consequences that still allow them access,& consequences that do not. This also allows them to see clearly how people solve problems..not by avoiding them,but by addressing them,and having good regard for other people,even when they're not behaving the way we would prefer. This is also a more appropriate sequence of action for people that invest their money & a bit of their souls into this game. We're building a community in a virtual world. A community full of smiley cheesy people,with no antagonists is not a utopia.
    We have patience,if you have compassion. We will eventually accept your "boneheaded" changes,if you can accept our "bullheaded" fuming about it..we will then help you deal with the next persons who are discontent,as my friends have done with me. My character & friendships in Alterra remain intact,and I would become productive participant again.
    Sorry for all the mayhem,peeps! It was necessary for me to understand what was missing from our still budding online community.
    Thanks again.
    Xomak

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xomak View Post
    I disagree with omitting disagreements and demonstrations. I also disagree with telling people that have put time & money into this game that,"..you'd rather they didn't play the game." I've sent my email to explain, thank you for listening,(finally). Yes,children do play this game. So,when they see disgruntled players get banned,this only returns to 'the fear of playing the game' & expressing oneself. "I'm not allowed to say anything about what I don't like,or else I can't play! So I will play in silence." <-- This is sad for a child to learn,especially in a game with "adult" participation.
    A more effective way for staff to deal with disgruntled players is in steps. Address the individual player or players,(by name),ask them,(with professionalism),to discontinue upsetting the players that are enjoying the game,then give a warning of what the next action will be: muting,1 day temporary loss of specials,restricted dungeon access (jail) for 1-3 days,denial of game access (ban), for 1-3 days,7 day ban,THEN a permanent ban. This helps all players,including the kids that play,understand that they CAN express themselves to a point,& that there are consequences that still allow them access,& consequences that do not. This also allows them to see clearly how people solve problems..not by avoiding them,but by addressing them,and having good regard for other people,even when they're not behaving the way we would prefer. This is also a more appropriate sequence of action for people that invest their money & a bit of their souls into this game. We're building a community in a virtual world. A community full of smiley cheesy people,with no antagonists is not a utopia.
    We have patience,if you have compassion. We will eventually accept your "boneheaded" changes,if you can accept our "bullheaded" fuming about it..we will then help you deal with the next persons who are discontent,as my friends have done with me. My character & friendships in Alterra remain intact,and I would become productive participant again.
    Sorry for all the mayhem,peeps! It was necessary for me to understand what was missing from our still budding online community.
    Thanks again.
    Xomak
    oooo goood point i like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Perma-bans run across all our games. Here is how we see it:

1) We moderate the game very closely to protect our players. Kids play our game, a lot. Someone mentioned Seven Swords earlier, and how you had to have a male character in that game because you would instantly be targeted with unwanted attention (ie sexy-chat). We stomp that out as soon as we hear of it. As well as all hate-speech, racial intolerance, scamming, and abuse of any sort.

2) We moderate the game very closely to protect ourselves. You guys have a DIRECT pipeline to the developers. We don't have moderators, we have devs, that play the game (and read the forums) all the time. Our heart and soul is here. So when a new (painful) change comes into the game, we need to know all about it, but we don't need to wade through a sea of hatred to get to the real issues. The community in online games like to pile on. If we let comments fly about how something "totally sucks" or is an "epic fail" or how we have "ruined" the game, more and more people gravitate towards that type of communication.

That is an unsustainable method of communication. We simply won't do it, because we are emotionally invested in this game as much as you. And we need to be here, side-by-side with the community, to make a truly epic game.

So we thrive on mutual respect, and level, analytical feedback. If you don't agree with what we are doing, fine. It is very valuable to know. Tell us how much longer something takes, or how it feels less powerful. But if you want to rage and scream and organize protests and encourage people to 1-star us, we would prefer you not play our game. We are people after all, and we need communication, not abuse, to make this game all it can be for everyone.

All that being said, we realize that some of you who have been banned may now understand more clearly what type of communication we need to thrive as a game. If you want to email us at support, and let us know that you understand what is expected moving forward, we'd love to listen.

- g
    Woww.. very well nicely said!! +infinity charms for u guys!!
    We love u devs!! We appreciate you!! Thanks for this game!!
    Thank u for non stop making this game.. fun/enjoyable to play!!
    Without u, devs.. I dont think will be able to play and experience this awesome game!!

I love this game so so much and I am proud to say that I am now -> PL game addict LOL LOL.

On the very first hour 1.7.1 was release.. purchased 800 platinum right away and another 75 platinum and I will
    buy more in the future!! That is how much I appreciate Pocket Legends game.. I dnt care bout my dad's money hahaha. They spoil me anyway.

Ok too much drama now. hehehe.
    Thats all I want to say..
    More power and Long live Pocket Legends!!!
    PL: Anglfyr - Lvl66 [Enchantress]

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xomak View Post
    Thanks again.
    Xomak
    Hey Xomak, nice first post and welcome to the forums!

The Team does ban in stages, similar to what you describe above. However, the tolerance of what someone might get a short term ban vs. what they get a perma ban for is pretty tight. The reason why is one of opportunity cost.

Say we have someone in chat saying some really really bad stuff (like really bad). We'd rather just perma ban that person and be done with it. By not spending a lot of time on that person saying really bad stuff, we then have more support time to devote to helping players who write with a question or problem. Sure, perhaps we might lose a customer by perma banning to quickly and not trying to "redact" them with a series of escalating penalties. We'd rather risk that, and not inflict that "bad" player on our other good players, who have to hear their very bad speech every time they get off their temporary ban.

Everything we do has trade offs. The thing I love about the team that I work with is, besides having built and maintained the game we all love, they keep looking at what they're doing and fine tuning as we go. So, sure, in the future, maybe we'll spend more time trying to redact more abusive people in such a process as you describe. Hopefully, in reading my reply, you can better understand why we do what we do.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Xomak, nice first post and welcome to the forums!

The Team does ban in stages, similar to what you describe above. However, the tolerance of what someone might get a short term ban vs. what they get a perma ban for is pretty tight. The reason why is one of opportunity cost.

Say we have someone in chat saying some really really bad stuff (like really bad). We'd rather just perma ban that person and be done with it. By not spending a lot of time on that person saying really bad stuff, we then have more support time to devote to helping players who write with a question or problem. Sure, perhaps we might lose a customer by perma banning to quickly and not trying to "redact" them with a series of escalating penalties. We'd rather risk that, and not inflict that "bad" player on our other good players, who have to hear their very bad speech every time they get off their temporary ban.

Everything we do has trade offs. The thing I love about the team that I work with is, besides having built and maintained the game we all love, they keep looking at what they're doing and fine tuning as we go. So, sure, in the future, maybe we'll spend more time trying to redact more abusive people in such a process as you describe. Hopefully, in reading my reply, you can better understand why we do what we do.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    okay so if someone were to say something bad(semi bad) then u check their chat u can still ban them for something they did a week ago if it shows up innapropriate even if you are messing aroind with your friends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Guys,
    Just be open-minded.. they are just doing whats best for us..
    PL: Anglfyr - Lvl66 [Enchantress]

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

haha i am im just wondering if my crazy childish convos should be put in pm so i dont get banned for them? lol

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

There's permanent chat logs for every single character so yes they can see anything you write in the past, whether it be several weeks ago or several months ago.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

ahhh so if its red flagged im screwed? lmao?

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    okay so if someone were to say something bad(semi bad) then u check their chat u can still ban them for something they did a week ago if it shows up innapropriate even if you are messing aroind with your friends?
    Razerfingers, we're not going to pick apart every scenario. Bottom line is, be cool and we'll be good.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

We ask that you abide by the following rules:
    1) Keep all chat clean!
    2) Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
    3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    will people banned from pl be allowed in blackstar
    Birds suck with PVP now come on change the spell cool down so there's combos!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

hahaha alright ill try to be cool in 5 days lol