Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts

We'll have a new thread on persistent elixirs in In Development soon. We will also take a look at existing content to see how it needs to change with regard to free content, level range dungeon locking, time to level.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    What was the thought process of making elixirs cost plat, besides the obvious revenue stream? Offset by now-free campaigns (which most of us here paid for happily)?

Shadow Caves will be a ghost town, moreso than it already was.

Overall, nice update though!
    I agree with moog, no one will enter shadow caves now unless you are rich. Elixirs should be a lot cheaper since you will need them a lot for leveling and speed runs.

Thanks again for the Mega Combos, this should reward good players a lot. Party hats are nice thanks.

I heard the Party Hat means an automatic pink! And disables the Keeper's shield
    Moog don't start rumors lol now we will have everyone booting for wearing party hats lol.
    Last edited by Echelong; 04-18-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

75 plat for all the maps. lets say 3 map are still paid maps. and take 10 for each. so 45 plats for main spine. now for free. we spend plats because we want to play the game to max level as we love the game. now you get to max level for free. and we who buy the map initially gets the shield. so its 45 plats for that shield. seriously, this totally disappoint me. some kind of shield that is useless for high levels. collection purpose? sorry man, its not even worth collecting it. unique? yeah because you created it and call it limited edition (10HP 20AMOUR please slap me and wake me up from this nightmare). People may like it but i don't. i am getting ready to delete the game anytime because of this. i just feel like the money i spend is for NOTHING. my friend is blaming me for introducing him this game and spending money on it and then was told its free now. this is the 1st time ever i have such encounter where cash item or purchases turn free and was given something not comparable to a refund. if you seriously think that shield is comparable to 45 plats, i have got nothing to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I heard the Party Hat means an automatic pink! And disables the Keeper's shield
    Little known fact. Hopefully it doesn't kill the economy... better start farming before they nerf it. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We'll have a new thread on persistent elixirs in In Development soon.

-ALS
    Coolio thanks....I hope they don't cost as much as Trash Can Punch does now
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

you got the really point dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klemen View Post
    Will the helm be lvl 1? Btw lvl 1 twinking ftw ^^
    I thought that we can't access stash until we're lvl 4?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    75 plat for all the maps. lets say 3 map are still paid maps. and take 10 for each. so 45 plats for main spine. now for free. we spend plats because we want to play the game to max level as we love the game. now you get to max level for free. and we who buy the map initially gets the shield. so its 45 plats for that shield. seriously, this totally disappoint me. some kind of shield that is useless for high levels. collection purpose? sorry man, its not even worth collecting it. unique? yeah because you created it and call it limited edition (10HP 20AMOUR please slap me and wake me up from this nightmare). People may like it but i don't. i am getting ready to delete the game anytime because of this. i just feel like the money i spend is for NOTHING. my friend is blaming me for introducing him this game and spending money on it and then was told its free now. this is the 1st time ever i have such encounter where cash item or purchases turn free and was given something not comparable to a refund. if you seriously think that shield is comparable to 45 plats, i have got nothing to say.
    Lighten up...the Shield is just a bonus for having all of the maps which you had to pay for anyway, to play beyond Dark Forest. They could have given you nothing and your game experience wouldn't have changed.

Yes, agreed it is not much use for a higher level player, but for some lower levels it could be nice if they had bought all the campaigns.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. We're still working on elixir pricing, and 1.7.2 will introduce persistent elixirs that will stay through death and zoning.

-ALS
    Excellent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    wont lvl 45 (especially new players) come in trouble defeating OL without tank pot...? :/
    And now there's even fewer uses for gold.
    So basically... All gold gets you now is equipment from the CS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

:POP:
    fizz fizz fizz
    Happy Birthday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

cant w8 for helm idk how long later means but i can hardly wait!

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    I thought that we can't access stash until we're lvl 4?
    I taught klemen the secret of lvl 1 stash and cs

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like many others...I think the platinum for elixirs is wrong. This isnt going to be taken well probably by some...others may feel the same or more...so I'll just be blunt about this....need more money do you? You have really alienated a large portion of the community with the last releases and are continuing down the same path....bad business model. I dont have the money to continue to drop into a mobile game...and one that could end up costing me more than an xbox/playstation/etc game at that. And I have a good paying job, mortgage, etc. What about the younger audience who dont have their own income. If my kid came to me asking for $90 to shell into a game (and that they will need more later)...it would be deleted instantly from their device. Making the game more fun and giving more items to customers will make them want to spend more money. Not the other way around. Upset customers will just take their business elsewhere....and it looks like that is happening more and more. And if this is happening in PL....I have 0 interest or confidence in Blackstar not being the same way and there is no way I will even install that at this point.
    On average...for someone who went from 55-56 ( i'm only 1/2 way there about)...how many exp elixirs did you use? Figure 50 cents (US) per 3 platinum(based off the lowest bundle of platinum because not everyone can afford the higher packages at one time). How much would that be? Then just what else can you buy for that same amount of money that you would have just spent to go 1 level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 thing I don't understand is why they changed the backdoor access to Baleford Castle in last release and then drastically make the entire game free. At the very least, make the paid parts of map have better drop rates with new pinks. This is the first game on a phone, or first app rather Ive ever spent money on, and while Im happy that PL is so successful now that it can give away the game essentially for free so that new playedrs can have this wonderful gift that paying users like us have made.possible, I feel somehow a bit jilted. Maybe the gratitude shouldn't be in the form of a shield that most people aren't goin to use, but instead keeping elixir pots still purchasable with gold exclusive to people who spent money on a game they didn't think would just end up being free later on. I hate to complain and I'm not defecting the game, I just think that as paying customers who still continue to put money into it, that I can openly share my opinions about the game. I love the game after all!
    Last edited by braluk; 04-18-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wamphryi View Post
    Like many others...I think the platinum for elixirs is wrong. This isnt going to be taken well probably by some...others may feel the same or more...so I'll just be blunt about this....need more money do you? You have really alienated a large portion of the community with the last releases and are continuing down the same path....bad business model. I dont have the money to continue to drop into a mobile game...and one that could end up costing me more than an xbox/playstation/etc game at that. And I have a good paying job, mortgage, etc. What about the younger audience who dont have their own income. If my kid came to me asking for $90 to shell into a game (and that they will need more later)...it would be deleted instantly from their device. Making the game more fun and giving more items to customers will make them want to spend more money. Not the other way around. Upset customers will just take their business elsewhere....and it looks like that is happening more and more. And if this is happening in PL....I have 0 interest or confidence in Blackstar not being the same way and there is no way I will even install that at this point.
    On average...for someone who went from 55-56 ( i'm only 1/2 way there about)...how many exp elixirs did you use? Figure 50 cents (US) per 3 platinum(based off the lowest bundle of platinum because not everyone can afford the higher packages at one time). How much would that be? Then just what else can you buy for that same amount of money that you would have just spent to go 1 level?
    I personally do not use them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. We're still working on elixir pricing, and 1.7.2 will introduce persistent elixirs that will stay through death and zoning.

-ALS
    Cool. I still think elixirs ought to be purchased with gold (although perhaps at higher prices), but I'm not a big elixir user anyway.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Happy birthday pl!!!

A nite for players... Look in your stash several times my grat shield just appeared in last few minutes.. So check again if you know you are eligable

Have fun all
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lighten up...the Shield is just a bonus for having all of the maps which you had to pay for anyway, to play beyond Dark Forest. They could have given you nothing and your game experience wouldn't have changed.

Yes, agreed it is not much use for a higher level player, but for some lower levels it could be nice if they had bought all the campaigns.
    i try to tell myself that 45 plats is worth-while for that shield but eventually i can't. every time i look at the shield, 10 HP and 20 AMOURS. yes for low level its useful but for us who already have main character, how long can that shield stay useful? i feel very hurtful about this. I trusted and love this game. I play it even at work. i introduce this to my friends. and now what i receive feel like they are just giving a sweet to an infant to stop him/her from crying. my friends are now just scolding me upside-down and inside-out.

i have no issue with the elixir because it optional case. but maps was once compulsory if you want to have full fun of the game and having to reach max level, now its free. the shield is simply the same as giving nothing from my point of view.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-18-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

so powerleveling is defintely killed!!! yessssssss!!!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....