Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by invision View Post
    How is this relevant? a "noob" cant join a high campaign, Therefore everyone in a game should be around the same Lvl. And if you're gonna farm then make a passworded game.
    What if you want a mage and you get a bear? What if the other player is wearing armor that will make him die at any instance he is getting atk. I personally like till have the boss killed asap. I want my pinks fast, i'am sure the tanker doesnt want to tank all day long on one boss. I can see what you mean buy taking away the boot system but it just isnt practicle. I've myself have been booted a ton of times. I never take it personal. I havent ever booted anyone, but I do enjoy games in sewers with lvl 54 pluss all Dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aislinjade View Post
    You can password protect a zone instance you create to prevent people from joining that you do not want in, and only allow friends in. I think the booting system was most useful for those times you would see a low level toon (I have seen as low as level 1) join a game in Alien Oasis, or the Sewers. There is no point in having a toon that low in an instance that high. They can not contribute any real DPS, and it isn't like it gets them more XP. I think they recently fixed that by putting a minimum level requirement on zones. Another reason booting is good is for the poeple who join parties and then seem to go AFK, not to mention when you get someone who is just being a down right jerk.
    Well said. I don't know how many times I've joined a game in the catacombs and see someone join about halfway through. We get to trash heap and low and behold, the person is hanging out by the wall in the ooze room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

i suppose your right on that, but there should be some kind of way to keep hosts from booting people for no good reason
    Unfortunately "no good reason" is very subjective. There just isn't a way to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnipeAce View Post
    What if you want a mage and you get a bear? What if the other player is wearing armor that will make him die at any instance he is getting atk. I personally like till have the boss killed asap. I want my pinks fast, i'am sure the tanker doesnt want to tank all day long on one boss. I can see what you mean buy taking away the boot system but it just isnt practicle. I've myself have been booted a ton of times. I never take it personal. I havent ever booted anyone, but I do enjoy games in sewers with lvl 54 pluss all Dex.
    You make a valid point and i suppose i'm being a bit ignorant with saying they should remove booting.. but still i really don't like getting booted for no good reason!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.. this got epic last night. Down 1 day after 365 isn't bad. That's less than a third of a percent. You all trippin. Think STS is butthurt? PSN being nuked is a majorly big deal. Way more than this silly game. Keep stuff in perspective guys. And to those who think STS should manage their own server farm... Why don't you fire one up for us... Oh, that's right, that's retarded.

All this is really doing is making people not trust the cloud. Sorry, I think I'll keep my harddrive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

How is this relevant? a "noob" cant join a high campaign, Therefore everyone in a game should be around the same Lvl. And if you're gonna farm then make a passworded game.
    I've seen PLENTY of lvl 55 noobs.

Also, there no guarantee that someone looking to farm has a farm team. So password protecting isn't really an option.

Honestly, its an online game where you are playing with thousands of people. Some people will have different approaches. If you get boot, just move on. Or start your own game and wait for people to join.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whooaahh View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be an Air Traffic Controller, are you?
    Lol, nope. In military standing front gate watch all night with about a total of 20 cars coming through in a 12 hour period...very boring...
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about the people posting in a thread who's subject matter is completing irrelevant to the the title of the thread. This would be a great instance where a boot button would come in handy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am having withdrawals.........must keep uninstalling and reinstalling until connection works!!!! ::stars at screen::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glauk View Post
    How about the people posting in a thread who's subject matter is completing irrelevant to the the title of the thread. This would be a great instance where a boot button would come in handy!
    You're right. I'm a loser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had someone boot me and reason was don't know u and another one just said no, I've never booted anyone and ppl with crappy gear I give away any color items aslong as there an upgrade for someone. I do it cause they might be in my group again and play well but get get killed in a snap so I try to help them as much as I can, helping others get good dear helps me in the long run. I won't give items to low levels well not pinks but higher lvlz yes cause I know they play a lot it takes time to get to lvl 40 and up so ya ill help them so I and everyone else can clear zones and lvl up faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glauk View Post
    i'm also a loser, but then again almost everyones posts are irrelevant because this thread posts updates on PL in the first post... so no one really should post at all..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waisted menkey View Post
    Wow.. this got epic last night. Down 1 day after 365 isn't bad. That's less than a third of a percent. You all trippin. Think STS is butthurt? PSN being nuked is a majorly big deal. Way more than this silly game. Keep stuff in perspective guys. And to those who think STS should manage their own server farm... Why don't you fire one up for us... Oh, that's right, that's retarded.

All this is really doing is making people not trust the cloud. Sorry, I think I'll keep my harddrive...
    With all do respect, but I couldn't care less about the PSN network being down or being a major deal, it's this 'silly' game, as you put it, that I care about. So from MY perspective this is way worse than whatever could happen to any console network.

And you might want to keep these old floppy's too, in case your hard drive crashes o.O

/vent off

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    I've seen PLENTY of lvl 55 noobs.

Also, there no guarantee that someone looking to farm has a farm team. So password protecting isn't really an option.

Honestly, its an online game where you are playing with thousands of people. Some people will have different approaches. If you get boot, just move on. Or start your own game and wait for people to join.
    The REAL meaning to the word "Noob" is New player. so if you're lvl 55 you can't be a "Noob". i understand that people use the term noob to address "slow" players but i'm just Bringing about the REAL meaning of the term "Noob" and quite frankly this term is used ignorantly nowa days and i almost HATE the term

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The definition of insanity: insanity is doing/ saying the same thing over and over again and getting the same results. So far I've read 55 pages of total insanity lol I'm. Loving it. It is what it is with amazon, it will be fixed when its fixed and I hate mating socks!
    Last edited by matamurman; 04-22-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wrong #

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

The REAL meaning to the word "Noob" is New player. so if you're lvl 55 you can't be a "Noob". i understand that people use the term noob to address "slow" players but i'm just Bringing about the REAL meaning of the term "Noob" and quite frankly this term is used ignorantly nowa days and i almost HATE the term
    From Wikipedia:
    The word means and derives from newbie (as in new and inexperienced or uninformed),[9][12][14] and is used as a means of segregating them as less than the "elite," or even "normal," members of a group.

So, no not really only used for new players

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lol definitions... Of course you can be new and lv55. Was called powerleveling.
    Now of course it is a little harder to powerlevel... But players that don't interact with others and learn important concepts are still noobs.

Nobody cares if you are sensitive to terminology. Here, we reffer to Noobs as people who have spent time here, yet are still not aware of the basic facts. Thatthey should know better.
    If I whent around calling every new player a noob... No. Players may have come from similar a mmo so already have basic teamplay and skill usage understanding.

The term for new players here is most safely newb, or newby.

Also

I woke up today expecting it to be fixed. Lazy amazon workers lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well that's a matter of opinion. In my book, the meaning of "noob" is someone that doesn't know how to play the game. Regardless of what level they are. And also, your level does not have any bearing on how long you've played the game. Just because you're level 55 does not mean you know how to play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

JaytB, Arterra. Thank you.

JaytB btw, thanks for the sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Well that's a matter of opinion. In my book, the meaning of "noob" is someone that doesn't know how to play the game. Regardless of what level they are. And also, your level does not have any bearing on how long you've played the game. Just because you're level 55 does not mean you know how to play the game.
    I agree! Your level doesnt indicate at all the time you been playing the game. I have two characters both under lvl 40 and I´ve been playing this game soon 6 months.