Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Nah, I didn't know what "stoof" is
    Phr33 st00f pl0x?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Phr33 st00f pl0x?
    You're just too cool for me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.
    Regarding the shield only, I think it makes complete sense. The idea is to thank people that supported PL. Whether you bought the maps or not is of little consequence. You support PL by buying the platinum. What you use it on isn't important.

Makes sense to me.

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Regarding the shield only, I think it makes complete sense. The idea is to thank people that supported PL. Whether you bought the maps or not is of little consequence. You support PL by buying the platinum. What you use it on isn't important.

Makes sense to me.
    QFT

I couldn't agree more. If people need the pixels to feel elitist then I'm sorry for you. The name of the item is Shield of Gratitude and this item/gesture by STS is just their way of saying thanks. I really don't understand why anyone could be angry over this.
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

that will definitely make a lot of people happy thanks you a lot PL

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

EGAD Batman! We are still debating this?

First of all, to everyone that purchased all the map packs before the shield of gratitude came out: none of you purchased plat and the map packs hoping that, "One day the devs will give us a special shield to thank us for paying for a game that we love to play." You all purchased the map packs with no reward/gift in mind other than having fun playing the game in other surroundings, and leveling up.

Now you are getting angry that the devs gave us a FREE shield of GRATITUDE? (ya'll seeming pretty grateful about this shield ) (of which the devs did NOT have to spend their time making for us, they did because they are awesome) It just doesn't make sense to me. Be happy for what you received, and be happy for others that they can join in on the fun, and be part of the group
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    EGAD Batman! We are still debating this?

First of all, to everyone that purchased all the map packs before the shield of gratitude came out: none of you purchased plat and the map packs hoping that, "One day the devs will give us a special shield to thank us for paying for a game that we love to play." You all purchased the map packs with no reward/gift in mind other than having fun playing the game in other surroundings, and leveling up.

Now you are getting angry that the devs gave us a FREE shield of GRATITUDE? (ya'll seeming pretty grateful about this shield ) (of which the devs did NOT have to spend their time making for us, they did because they are awesome) It just doesn't make sense to me. Be happy for what you received, and be happy for others that they can join in on the fun, and be part of the group
    Same thing could be said for the Founder's Helm, but the "founders" all threw a hissy fit when the devs tried to make it less exclusive. They didn't join in April/May expecting a gift a year later. But they're allowed to throw a fit and keep their exclusive helm (with stats, mind you). But those of us who got a shield that has no stats and offers nothing but for looks (not even all that amazing anyway), aren't allowed to be annoyed when it's given to even more people? It should have been kept for the original intention, just like the helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same thing could be said for the Founder's Helm, but the "founders" all threw a hissy fit when the devs tried to make it less exclusive. They didn't join in April/May expecting a gift a year later. But they're allowed to throw a fit and keep their exclusive helm (with stats, mind you). But those of us who got a shield that has no stats and offers nothing but for looks (not even all that amazing anyway), aren't allowed to be annoyed when it's given to even more people? It should have been kept for the original intention, just like the helm.
    sounds to me like somebody wishes they joined in april/may... jk.

Sidebar, HA! Even the PL programming team is ursan powered! BEAR WIN! -- Ellyidol
    Wolfling -- O.G. Bear ( non power-leveled )_53_

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.
    Lol agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Y'know... I think there's just a bit of exageration going on here. I don't really see any whining, complaining, or any of that in this thread. Maybe I am wearing my rose-colored glasses today, but people seem fairly level-headed in their feedback. And it's mostly consistent stuff. Some are saying that the changing of minds so much bothers them. Some are saying that it's cool with them. Some want to know what the other rewards will be. But nothing really comes off, from my point of view, as harsh or angry or threatening to ragequit or anything like that.

I think the thread has been, for the most part, very civil, actually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Y'know... I think there's just a bit of exageration going on here. I don't really see any whining, complaining, or any of that in this thread. Maybe I am wearing my rose-colored glasses today, but people seem fairly level-headed in their feedback. And it's mostly consistent stuff. Some are saying that the changing of minds so much bothers them. Some are saying that it's cool with them. Some want to know what the other rewards will be. But nothing really comes off, from my point of view, as harsh or angry or threatening to ragequit or anything like that.

I think the thread has been, for the most part, very civil, actually.
    that's because we're all wearing our "big boy" shorts! yay!!! ( sorry, couldn't help myself )

Sidebar, HA! Even the PL programming team is ursan powered! BEAR WIN! -- Ellyidol
    Wolfling -- O.G. Bear ( non power-leveled )_53_

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what happened to the shield we got a week or so ago for those of us that bought all the maps before the update? that is missing from my stash! I purchased 800 Platinum about 2 months ago and I don't see the NEW shield in my stash either. I guess I just keep on playing and giving Pinks & Purples away to those of a lower level that can use them for classes that I am not. Both shields would be cool to have even though I wouldn't use them. Still nice to look at once and a while. There is no need to please everyone.

I believe the people that adopted this game in the first 2 months should get the helm - with great stats - and everyone else should envy them. I would like my 2 shields though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarman View Post
    what happened to the shield we got a week or so ago for those of us that bought all the maps before the update? that is missing from my stash! I purchased 800 Platinum about 2 months ago and I don't see the NEW shield in my stash either. I guess I just keep on playing and giving Pinks & Purples away to those of a lower level that can use them for classes that I am not. Both shields would be cool to have even though I wouldn't use them. Still nice to look at once and a while. There is no need to please everyone.

I believe the people that adopted this game in the first 2 months should get the helm - with great stats - and everyone else should envy them. I would like my 2 shields though.
    There is no new shield. Just that first shield of Gratitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I didn't sell it and somehow mine is missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarman View Post
    Well, I didn't sell it and somehow mine is missing.
    You can't sell it Maybe you just put it on another character by mistake. And if you're looking in the regular shield tab, look in the OTHER shield tab for vanity. The shield won't go in the tab with all your other shields.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it possible that 1 person to get 3 shields of gratitude? Because someone told me he has 3 of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoeyelf View Post
    Is it possible that 1 person to get 3 shields of gratitude? Because someone told me he has 3 of it
    That's strange :/ he'd have to have three separate email accounts with PL accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Now its time to add some armor onto vanity shields

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd like to weigh in on this subject too. I took my time to read every reply before replying myself. All these decisions without input is causing chaos. The SoG was at first and foremost a reward for those of us who bought all the main spines; and this was because they were going to make them free for a short period of time. It the developers way of compensating those of us who bought them. Let's just say the great equallizer. But then the decison to just make it a vanity item with no stats whatsoever. As Lesrider, has said what's so special about it now. There has to be some aspect of decision making that just doesn't change with the direction of the wind. Those (and this is not intended to be directed at anyone) who say we bought the maps without knowing that there would be a reward for it coming; also have to realize that we didn't know that someday they would be free too. I've been playing since late september, early october; so I would have fallen within the 6 months to have had the helmet also. This is becoming frustrating at best. Why can't you say what you mean; and mean what you say without going back on your decisions. So many are right, when they say what can I expect tomorrow. Don't get me wrong love playing the game, but these decisions are becoming dishearting. You have to quit getting our expectations up by saying one thing and then changing it within a 24-48 hour period. In the best interest of PL and game play on our behalf please think it through before making it public and having more of these types of reactions. It's just getting old. Suggestion: Get a group of forum members and IG players and bounce these ideas off them. Your still the ultimate decisionmakers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm so sick of people complaining about everything in this game. Listen, get it through your skulls and let it sit in your brain for a bit. You are not entitled to anything in this game including your account that you paid into...if you don't believe me read the license agreement it can be stripped from you at anytime. These items the DEVs have given out are gifts not entitlements! They made the freaking game...they can do whatever they want with it. If you don't like it, you can either stop playing the game or just sit back and have fun playing the game. It's not about how unique you think your toon is, cause trust me, it's not, at some point you will run into your twin. Just because you spent a boat load of time playing or spent your money on plat doesn't entitle you to anything but what you already have and what you received. So please, just shut it and play the freaking game...