Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
Some people like me are just really passionate about bringing 5v5 back. We haven't had a tournament since the level 61 cap, as I've stated several times now. It's overdue compared to any other tournament style.

Restoration is not trying to 'rig' tournaments. We are not trying to profit. We are just trying to have fun in a way that we think would be the most fair way possible for everyone in such a tournament style. There will be people who disagree with rules no matter what is implemented. No matter the tournament style, no matter if people are allowed to use any class and gear combination they choose (hybrids) or if it's purely class-based, no matter if foxes and rhinos are allowed or banned, no matter if enchantments are allowed or not allowed. And so Ghost will implement rules that he thinks are deemed fair by the majority of players after talking with a great amount of such players and hearing everyone's feedback, both from in Restoration, in Pocket Community, in Apex, in Reborn, on forums, in game-only players who don't use forums, whatever.

The way I started out 5v5ing was as a novice. I had plenty of randoms on my team and I played against a coordinated opposing team that usually consisted of ex-Unity players such as Kanital, Imkelly, Amyxrose, HmmHmm, Xrax, or throw in Skimmey in there as well. All top players in their prime. I got beat down, sometimes my team got slaughtered. But soon enough, I became a challenging opponent to them. Through determination, I was able to rack up the highest kills in later games and cap the most flags for my team, even if it was in a losing effort. And at the end of the day, challenging myself made me a better player. It didn't discourage me, or make me sad and bitter. It made me have fun, which is what I think many people don't consider the bigger picture here. People are getting so wrapped up in prizes that Ghost had to personally ask Cinco to grant everyone who participates in this tourney a prize so that everyone could still feel like they won something at the end of the day, rather than just being content with winning or losing and having fun playing the game.

As stated by others, you are open to host any kind of tournament that you desire. If you dislike this one, there are bound to be other tournaments hosted that you will like, whether Ghost hosts one in the future after this one or another individual hosts one at anytime.

Everyone should just drop the negativity on this thread. That includes Restoration players and that includes people attacking the tournament host (Ghost) and his guild.
Once again, you seem to be forgetting the fact that nearly all of pvps player base at this point in time, are 1v1 players that have done nothing but fight solo. Some will do FFA with 3v3 squads and some have also been involved in guild wars back at 76/77 cap being the most aggressive ive seen. CTF died a long time ago, so few people do it. No one is taking shots at Will. They are just calling it how they see it. That being restoration having the most experience in team play then nearly anyone in the endgame player base at this point in time. A few OG people will be entering the tourney, but not in the sheer numbers old players used to come. Such as Shiloo, Angeldawn, Cloak, Kanital, Allen and some other OG players from Family, Apex and Prevail, Maybe even some others that are in restoration and still remain inactive. The majority of players at endgame PvP are so used to playing in 1v1 fights and not team play. This once again, puts those players at a disadvantage.

This is another reason why i will be hosting a 5 class 1v1 tourney. Putting each class vs itself. Rules will be coming today.