Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Y’all chill lol. He was just proposing a possible solution to getting matches in. He just wanted to see what people thought.

Jk he’s rigging the tourney so restoration wins xdddddd
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    Neither one of us have complained about any team being disqualified . It’s clearly stated in the rules. And you won’t be the team to be DQ’d , so why are you even commenting on what I said. Brackets are brackets and rules are rules. Altering any bracket this far into a tournament is biased and suspicious of rigging. And the team we were gonna face actually wasn’t disqualified. They FORFEITED. So altering the brackets doesn’t stop them from being DQ’d. It was a forfeit.
    I dont see how your team is being affected by this. The teams affected are betrayed, reborn, family, and resto II. So why do you guys care so much if it is altered

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You’re not going to be the team disqualified so I’m asking you the same question . Why do you care? Rules are rules . If y’all showed more effort at setting up a match, then your team advances. Simple as that. Tournament brackets should never be altered at any point in time. It should stay as is . Unless rules just don’t matter anymore .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    You’re not going to be the team disqualified so I’m asking you the same question . Why do you care? Rules are rules . If y’all showed more effort at setting up a match, then your team advances. Simple as that. Tournament brackets should never be altered at any point in time. It should stay as is . Unless rules just don’t matter anymore .
    Trust me we showed effort in trying to set up a match lol. And my team is actually affected by this. Also which rule number is it that states no altering i am curious

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Since your team showed the most effort in setting up a match you should have no worries then . Stated clearly in the rules which team will be disqualified before a deadline. And it’s a contradiction. Altering brackets to keep a team from being disqualified ? Lol? As I said in every post . Rules are stated clearly. Any altercation will be looked at as a rigging by any remaining teams. Stick to the rules . Let the team who showed least effort be disqualified . Simple as that. And as you stated yet again. Your team put the most effort into setting up a match. So you have nothing to worry about ^^. You’ll advance to the 3rd round.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The original tournament rules, historically, have worked seamlessly. But the PL times are changing, and players from far and vast regions are wanting to participate – and as your tournament host, I don't feel bad having to alter the rules so that teams can actually play matches, have fun and be eligible for the participation shields that everyone wants. I would love my rules to be followed as closely as possible, but given the circumstances, that is just not possible with what I hope to achieve in this tournament.

To the captains of Restoration II, Family, Reborn, and Betrayed – would switching the match-ups be beneficial at all? Or would you prefer more time? Please respond and let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I don't feel bad having to alter the rules so that teams can actually play matches, have fun and be eligible for the participation shields that everyone wants. I would love my rules to be followed as closely as possible, but given the circumstances, that is just not possible with what I hope to achieve in this tournament.
    I do see concerns that seem warranted about these last minute potential changes to team assignments and tournament rules. Such changes could certainly reshape and alter the outcome of the entire tourney. On that note, in my personal opinion, there is no reason under any circumstances that would make changing either the rules or the team bracket assignments acceptable in the midst of a live tournament. The time to do that was before it started, not after. There's always next time. Lessons learned from this tourney can be applied to future tournaments. There's only five matches left until the winner emerges. Good luck and have fun, everyone.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I don't care either way, let's just get the tourney over with. I go on vacation on August 18th.

Bring us our next challenger! Seems like we have been waiting weeks. We are a fighting team.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 07-23-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I agree with ghost suggestion, i like it, seems could be a cure for my headache.

Sent from my CPH1821 using Tapatalk

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    I agree with ghost suggestion, i like it, seems could be a cure for my headache.

Sent from my CPH1821 using Tapatalk
    A headache that wasnt caused by our team. Im not saying you werent trying to schedule, but because you have 4 different time zones throughout your team. 2 of which are 6 and 9hrs ahead of the other 3. Its hard to schedule ALL 10 of us to be able to have a match that everyone is available for.

For future reference for any tourney. I think that when forming a team, people need to take into account time zones and availability. Although some random stuff comes up unlike time zones never changing, this would help with scheduling matches for any future tourney of 3v3 or more.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-23-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    A headache that wasnt caused by our team. Im not saying you werent trying to schedule, but because you have 4 different time zones throughout your team. 2 of which are 6 and 9hrs ahead of the other 3. Its hard to schedule ALL 10 of us to be able to have a match that everyone is available for.

For future reference for any tourney. I think that when forming a team, people need to take into account time zones and availability. Although some random stuff comes up unlike time zones never changing, this would help with scheduling matches for any future tourney of 3v3 or more.
    Maybe for future tournaments all members on a team should be required to be within 3-4 hours of one another's timezone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Maybe for future tournaments all members on a team should be required to be within 3-4 hours of one another's timezone.
    Yes I feel like this would fix the issue for future tournaments, however, as stated above, the changes could completely change the outcome of the tourney in general. Plus, teams are already in the semi finals. It is to late in my opinion to make huge changes like this to the bracket because of a few teams that grouped up together not thinking that they’re across the world from each other. My advice is, let this tournament rest and for further tournaments you can make some rules regarding the time zones just so people won’t have a problem getting their matches in. The show must go on, and there is always a next time for players who unfortunately couldn’t get their match in.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Yes I feel like this would fix the issue for future tournaments, however, as stated above, the changes could completely change the outcome of the tourney in general. Plus, teams are already in the semi finals. It is to late in my opinion to make huge changes like this to the bracket because of a few teams that grouped up together not thinking that they’re across the world from each other. My advice is, let this tournament rest and for further tournaments you can make some rules regarding the time zones just so people won’t have a problem getting their matches in. The show must go on, and there is always a next time for players who unfortunately couldn’t get their match in.
    On the other hand, only seeing one match completed out of a possible four matches in the second round is quite disappointing and delegitimizes the tournament. Only Apex II and Resto I have gotten in their match, while one team has forfeited and two others are facing disqualification. And to be quite honest, I don't know who Ghost is going to disqualify in the Reborn vs Family match because both teams seem like they're putting in their best effort to schedule the match.

Whatever decision Ghost ends up making will create controversy and drama unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

On the other hand, only seeing one match completed out of a possible four matches in the second round is quite disappointing and delegitimizes the tournament. Only Apex II and Resto I have gotten in their match, while one team has forfeited and two others are facing disqualification. And to be quite honest, I don't know who Ghost is going to disqualify in the Reborn vs Family match because both teams seem like they're putting in their best effort to schedule the match.

Whatever decision Ghost ends up making will create controversy and drama unfortunately.
    I see where you’re coming from there, but like I stated before, when all of these teams were signing up for this tournament they knew what they was signing up for. Ghost is a organized host and likes to get them done within a certain deadline, we’ve experienced that in other tournaments. Everyone read and understood the rules considering they was able to participate. And no, if everything stayed the same and there wasn’t any altering to the bracket, people knew that DQ’s and byes were going to take effect. There is no controversy if we just move on and take this as inspiration to make some, not many, but some time zone rules so that the matches aren’t impossible to get done. People around the world play this game and sometimes people have to sacrifice. One of my teammates is in a different time zone than most of us and almost had to play at 4-5am willingly. Just shows sometimes people have to sacrifice in order to get the match done and move along with the tournament. We shouldn’t extend/hold the tourney just for 1-2 teams. And as for the matches that couldn’t be played, things happen and we have to understand that, but it doesn’t mean we alter the rules, bracket etc. to avoid that.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As a member of team family, i also agree with Ghost’s suggestion of the bracket changes.
    Both Reborn and Family have tried to shedule a match for all 10 participants of this match at no avail.
    Their team are all in one time zone, and they are busy during the day on weekends.

Which will be the best time for my team because we have some members on the other side of world.
    It will be both morning,day and night time for my team.

Reborn still want my team to play between 2am to 5am for some of my members and 12am for others.

I feel Ghost solution to pair up team Family vs team betrayed to play and team restoration II vs team Reborn is most ideal.
    Due to the time zones of player’s and availability of player during weekend day time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

First off, thank you Will for hosting this tournament

To get things out of the way, I would just like to say all the Restoration teams (We may have fun but we are all extremely competitive as well lol) want to beat the other just as much as family, apex, reborn, and betrayed since only one team wins tournament shields. So for the teams saying we will make it through if a DQ results in happening are wrong. We are just as likely to get DQed as the next team.

This brings me to my next point. I have been in many tournaments myself, and normally changing the bracket this late is the wrong thing to do. However, this tournament is unlike any other since its a 5v5 on a much larger scale with this many teams. Therefore, since this is the first tournament of this magnitude, there are going to be weird changes that have not occurred in the past. As a community, it's important to understand this and appreciate what Ghost is doing for the community. I am sure no one else could have nor would have hosted this tournament or done half the job he has done for it. The least we could do is not rain down on a POSSIBLE idea that he has to fix his tournament. Unfortunately, it seems as though either decision he makes, people will view him in a bad light. If he changes the tournament, people will say he did it because he is biased or that it was unfair. If he disqualifies people, he will be seen as a terrible host who was primarily aiming to disqualify other teams so that he can have better chances at winning, making the tournament less enjoyable for newer PVP teams, which was the primary goal of this tournament and Restoration's continued attempt to bring back team play and CTF. (That sounds like another tournament that still gets a lot of hate even today #PoorBurberrys71.)

It is important to note another thing too. For those against the trade, (even though the majority want it as they have communicated already) like I said before, only the winning team gets a tournament shield. Regardless of how the bracket gets switched around or etc., the winning team will emerge no matter what side of the bracket they are on. So to me, it doesn't matter who fights who. To win, you better be ready and expect to fight anyone if you feel like you can get a shot at 1st place. There were many times in tournaments where in my opinion, finals occurred in the semis or quarters with the best 2 teams fighting each other (with the close scores to show it too). But at the end of the day, it doesn't seem to matter since the victorious team will move up anyway and others will have to fight them regardless.

-IiRose
    Last edited by IiRose; 07-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I definitely agree with who ever is “best” can beat any team. And I’m not calling out and gonna say it’s rigged from the “get go” like certain people whined about from the start when not a single restoration team was paired together . But with their assumptions and the fact that clearly restoration 2 will obvious be the team advancing being that betrayed hasn’t been active on forums much, if at all. And from experience alone. The end result is restoration 2 vs restoration1. Any alterations at this point falls in restorations (your guilds) favor . Being 2 odds of landing in finals rather than 1. But I guess like you said he’s the host and no one really has a say in it but him/ nor could do better so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Apex never officially got their match it. Resto 3 just got DQ due to teamates availability. Hes explained why his teamate was unavailable and wish whomever is is in the hospital is perfectly fine and recovers without problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nenany View Post
    As a member of team family, i also agree with Ghost’s suggestion of the bracket changes.
    Both Reborn and Family have tried to shedule a match for all 10 participants of this match at no avail.
    Their team are all in one time zone, and they are busy during the day on weekends.

Which will be the best time for my team because we have some members on the other side of world.
    It will be both morning,day and night time for my team.

Reborn still want my team to play between 2am to 5am for some of my members and 12am for others.

I feel Ghost solution to pair up team Family vs team betrayed to play and team restoration II vs team Reborn is most ideal.
    Due to the time zones of player’s and availability of player during weekend day time.
    Your tean leader still wants our team to play at 5-8am on weekends when our whole team has life obilgations to attend to. The maximum difference in time zones for our team is only 3hrs. You have 1 player thats 3 hrs ahead and then 2 teamates that are 6 and 9hrs ahead of the other 3. Its hard to schedule around that. Thats 4 different time zones that are on you team, 2 of which greatly differ. The earliest our team can play is 8pm Texas time (ECT).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It’ll be the same struggle for y’all to match up against restoration 2. As abolize stated , during first rounds we had a player sacrifice and play at 4 am. It is what it is. All of our teams are 4/ 5 hours behind / behind . And we never got the second match “in officially” cause the other team forfeited due to irl issues . Simple as that tyvm.