Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booting ethics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    I totally agree people boot me no reason and just say sorry or too low level the too low level excuse doesn't work cuz update and sorry never works
    Exactally why I posted this

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    rage is only meant for bears in-game and not in the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Naah, i think real reasons are good , but sometimes i cant ask if they can leave (when i am killing big mobs in deli with my twink) so i boot em saying sorry but most time i host with passwords

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadsoldiers View Post
    Naah, i think real reasons are good , but sometimes i cant ask if they can leave (when i am killing big mobs in deli with my twink) so i boot em saying sorry but most time i host with passwords
    I am sorry but this is one of the reasons I made this. If you have enough time to boot u have enough time to say leave.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I do agree that a good reason should be given. The only two reasons I will boot is because I already have a full group and you joined before they all got in, or for really, really bad play/talk.

However, I think it goes both ways though. People take getting booted personally. I once got a message back after booting someone for "got a group. sorry" that said "Ever hear of asking?? Now I'm going to ignore you and my 56 bear is too."

I mean who cares?? If you are getting booted on a regular, host a game. Others will join in. Then you hopefully end up with a good group.

On the flip side, the worst boot I got was in a group of level 53+. I joined in to complete the group. 25% of the way through I got booted for "nah nah na na, hey hey hey, goodbye". HAHAHA!! I hadn't died and was leading the charge with my level 55 bird. I laughed, said oh well, and moved on.

I will run with any level group as long as they play well. And usually, if it's my friends playing and one low level comes, I let them stay. If they play bad, I will give advice. If they don't listen and keep messing us up, I'll boot at that point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    I got booted for "nah nah na na, hey hey hey, goodbye".
    OMG, I think someone did used to boot regularly with that. Don't remember who anymore. Didn't remember till you wrote that. LOL.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

HAHA!! This was just a couple of weeks ago too. I wish I knew the name now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

/boot therandomtroll (reason NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU 500K
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The group I've been running with generally doesn't boot anybody. Reasons we might: We are bringing in a higher level bird (reason = sorry), you have been bailing at the boss (I can't stand boss bailers, we make sure the group knows we kill bosses). Last but not least: I am going to start booting Paladins that do not heal/buff/debuff. We will roll with int birds and dex bears no problem, but a paladin that does not debuff is no use to us. They do little to no damage, and the spot would be better off filled by a ranged char even at a lower level.

I will never boot anybody at the boss that has rolled with me the entire map. That is just rude, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Raulur; 05-16-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only idiots boot "too low" instantly.

I'm a firm believer in PLAYER SKILL no matter what game. Sadly I tend to get booted even though in my experience I'm more efficient, survive better and INCREASE productivity if the party rather than bog it down (i.e. Bears/mages that split up mobs, birds that wander off and die then scream for a rez) there are plenty of high levels that boggle the mind with their lack of thought when playing.

Do yourself a favor, atleast wait and see if the person is any good before you judge =.=
    Azesche - 36 dex bird
    Jinxiii - 47 pally enchantress
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azesche View Post

I'm a firm believer in PLAYER SKILL no matter what game. Sadly I tend to get booted even though in my experience I'm more efficient, survive better and INCREASE productivity if the party rather than bog it down (i.e. Bears/mages that split up mobs, birds that wander off and die then scream for a rez) there are plenty of high levels that boggle the mind with their lack of thought when playing.

Do yourself a favor, atleast wait and see if the person is any good before you judge =.=
    I agree... in most cases. Even hardly, one or more 48 can complete Hideout (I did it with a 48-49 team); but at Catacombs, they can't. It is simple mathematics, the max armor you can wear below 50 isn't enough to survive to the average hits by mobs.

Again, a 55+ team can make quick runs on Sewers; such a team can accept one or two 53-54 players without sacrificing the speed, but not one-two 48 - the run becomes slower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azesche View Post

I agree as well that's why I say don't boot the instant. Someone arrives...or in the case of a friend of mine if someone is powerleveling one should not boot instantly but I think should ask the people to leave...just makes it harder for people to try and get angry and curse u out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i got booted all the time at lvl 48, 49 for too low of a lvl, then at 50 and 51 i got booted for every thing from not good enough equip, to numbers look horrible, to bears suck...

then at lvl 52, 53 and now 54 i dont really get booted except for full teams asking me to leave or booting me saying they full team.

imo - i dont ever boot... i have had some great runs with 48s and 49s and even explaining how to run thru a series with them, or how to kill a boss.

i would much perfer if ever one "team" based type of run use the locked out/need a password type game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I understand for things at 50+ may be more gear dependant and complicated (as would be expected)

I was talking more about my jumping into boss levels/mini dungeons and getting booted by random people that say 42 is too low for Alien oasis II lol. If you need 50s for that...you are truly terribad.

I also agree that if you are boot happy, just make a locked game geez. Its not that hard.
    Last edited by Azesche; 05-19-2011 at 10:39 PM.