Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: HardLight Vanity Shield for Blackstar Name Reservations

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

While I doubt many people are going to lift my names, I decided to pick one up anyway. I like it.

Please support the developers that have brought you a game that you've enjoyed for countless hours. If not, at least don't harp at them for providing an OPTIONAL service.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    *shifty eyes*

Your supposed to say... "Great catch Pew!!! PC client will be out soon!"

<.<
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Uh, incredibly doubtful. It is obviously am in-house testing client for play-testing newly "finished" content before we get it. They definitely don't program directly on a mobile device. They have a Android/iOS "emulator" because it is needed. That's like saying put SSBB on the PC just because the game isn't programmed while directly on a Wii.

Just because the devs can and do play PL on a PC doesn't at all imply their client will ever be made public. Besides, a PC client would likely kill the mobile client and people would mostly stop playing on anything other than a PC. Main reason being: A PC doesn't need to be recharged and is meant to be plugged in, as opposed to mobile devices which their batteries degrade if plugged in with a full charge too long.

Sorry but I had to point that out.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Uh, actualy... Hate to break up this amazing find... But it's possible to use a mouse with a jailbroken idevice. It's called BTStack Mouse... It allows you to use a Bluetooth mouse with an idevice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Uh, incredibly doubtful. It is obviously am in-house testing client for play-testing newly "finished" content before we get it. They definitely don't program directly on a mobile device. They have a Android/iOS "emulator" because it is needed. That's like saying put SSBB on the PC just because the game isn't programmed while directly on a Wii.

Just because the devs can and do play PL on a PC doesn't at all imply their client will ever be made public. Besides, a PC client would likely kill the mobile client and people would mostly stop playing on anything other than a PC. Main reason being: A PC doesn't need to be recharged and is meant to be plugged in, as opposed to mobile devices which their batteries degrade if plugged in with a full charge too long.

Sorry but I had to point that out.

PC version has already been confirmed that it is going to be released to the public.... Sorry to go off topic.

Ontopic, if we reserve another name do we get another shield? (just curious)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Pew, yeah. Each character who is name reserved gets a shield. The shield doesn't stash, it stays only with that character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Pew, yeah. Each character who is name reserved gets a shield. The shield doesn't stash, it stays only with that character.
    It's how it should be though. IMO.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    PC version has already been confirmed that it is going to be released to the public.... Sorry to go off topic.

Ontopic, if we reserve another name do we get another shield? (just curious)
    Source? Well, we can consider mobile PL dead soon as PC one is made.

Also been wondering that too, if it is one per character or account. Thanks Snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    It's how it should be though. IMO.
    I honestly don't think it is. Some people have alts they barely play with cooler names than their mains and don't want to reserve the main but still see the shield. I'd guess this is the case for a lot of people actually.

If I had to guess, I'd say STS uses the shield's data as a marker/tracker on which characters names are reserved and has their server build a database out of this for reserves to be used as a reserve pool later. I wonder if the shield would be made moveable through stash after BS launches?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I just wish it was stashable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say STS uses the shield's data as a marker/tracker on which characters names are reserved and has their server build a database out of this for reserves to be used as a reserve pool later. I wonder if the shield would be made moveable through stash after BS launches?
    That's close to my guess, but I am guessing that Futumsh will start the actual database with some records using the reserved names of PL characters linked to the player's logins, but needing to be filled out further with maybe class, choice of uniform color, face. Then when we log in, the first thing it will want is that information, and we'll be up an running. If so, then "booking passage" means having Futumsh or one of his crew create your character for you ahead of time, which would explain why it costs plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's the busy season for me and the funny book business, so I have been away far longer than I want to be, but I'm quite pleased to say I've laid down some plat for my name reservations.

I gotta say, I'm pretty excited!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    It's the busy season for me and the funny book business, so I have been away far longer than I want to be, but I'm quite pleased to say I've laid down some plat for my name reservations.

Been wondering where you went!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post

Glad to see you!
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just wanted to say. I reserved my name. Not because it'll get taken lol. If there's another Colborne out there Ima get u with my beastly bear!!!!! But I did get the hard light shield and I gotta say COOOL!!!!!! I love it!!!! I love pocket legends!!! Can't wait till blackstar comes out
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vainty Shield Problems

I Recently Got My Name Renamed To RebelBebo But I Never Got The Shield Wit My Purchase Does Anyone Know Wat To Do Or Has The Same Problem. I Play On A Tmobile My Touch 4g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yanniel Rios View Post
    I Recently Got My Name Renamed To RebelBebo But I Never Got The Shield Wit My Purchase Does Anyone Know Wat To Do Or Has The Same Problem. I Play On A Tmobile My Touch 4g
    This shieldmcame to those in pocketlegends who reserved their name in blackstar... You do not get a shield for name change...
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa